Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

i will never forget strago protecting realm from notorious pervert edgar

He's up there in the pantheon of legendary perverts along with Harvey Weinstein and the Stamper brothers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh, apparently relm is the best caster in the game, though?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

realm is also like a blue mage, but far more useless unless you want to glitch the game

the real way to use realm is to get item that lets her use heavy armor so you can solo kefka's tower using terra, celes, and realm use force armor and force shield, making them evade all attacks due to m.evade and evade being the same stat, while one shotting everything with gengi gloves and huge swords on terra and celes and realms Big damage from casting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

oh, apparently relm is the best caster in the game, though?

she has the highest starting magic power stat but anyone can be the "best" at spells if you always make sure to have them have an esper that raises magic power on level up

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

thats the big gimmick i'm trying to make happen this run, i'm using terra so i'm trying to make it so she gets so powerful she gets a stack overflow casting ultima morphed and it rolls over to being like 400-500 damage

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Fungah! posted:

im playing on the snes classic qed

Hey same here! It's my primary goal right now. It's taking me a long time because I keep getting distracted by other good games that came out this year.

My list:
Final fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XII (zodiac age, PS4)
Zelda BotW Champions Ballad
Wolfenstein II

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

Final fantasy VI
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy XII (zodiac age, PS4)
Zelda BotW Champions Ballad

IdealFlaws posted:

Wolfenstein II

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i might play through DOOM and maybe DOOM2 on ultraviolence, only saving at the start of the level, and (if possible) only using items i find in that level.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

i think i might play through DOOM and maybe DOOM2 on ultraviolence, only saving at the start of the level, and (if possible) only using items i find in that level.

thats a good idea, but an even better idea is to play one of the many superior wad packs available for doom instead of the base game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

so the classic pistol start run?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is that an option somewhere? or do i just have to die at the start of each level?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

thats a good idea, but an even better idea is to play one of the many superior wad packs available for doom instead of the base game

The Doom 1 levels are epic. I never finished Doom 2 though, the later levels are bigger than an Xbox

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

is that an option somewhere? or do i just have to die at the start of each level?

i think some source ports have a checkbox for it as a launch option but i havent played doom recently enough to remember

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bump. caught the flu, beat ff3 and i'm gonna try to beat super punch out today. sick gaming ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sorry lyle, *ff6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

• Locked thread