Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Samovar posted:

If you don't eat your steak blue, I don't know what to tell you.

I eat mine mostly black.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
They didn't thank their portable AI for finding them a way to pay off the toilet.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that

Fecha posted:

Great to see you guys back! I've always loved your LPs. Any plans to do the uncharted 4 DLC?

I actually played halfway and got a little bored with it and haven't yet gone back to finish it. There's a bunch of other things I think we'd rather LP in the near future.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Aumanor posted:

I eat mine mostly black.

With ketchup, too, I'm guessing?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Genocyber posted:

With ketchup, too, I'm guessing?

I honestly cannot fathom eating steak with ketchup. And I loving love ketchup.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope the slowdown audio glitch makes a cameo in this playthrough.

Oh and I'm sure that melt on your cpu was thermal paste!

Leal fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Dec 20, 2017

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Excellent job avoiding the obvious Combination Pizza Hut & Taco Bell joke. :ghost:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oooh, yeah, glad to be getting in on the ground floor for this one.

Like a lot of others in here, I've never actually played BG&E. So far, though, I'm already getting a feel for why this game gets all the hype that it does.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jesus christ I've been watching you guys play video games for nearly 10 years.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

When's the Sonic Forces LP starring Hank the Chog?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Oh hey. This is a good game, and I hope you'll do better LP-ing it this time around.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Oh, so this is what it's supposed to look like on a screen!

Also, I found this perfect Jade cosplay. She even did the pants.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Episode 2: Photobomb.....Cut Commentary

Pey'j likes to get in the way, but that's okay, we still love him.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You got the videos reversed. The uncut is uploaded as cut and vice versa.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

It's real late right now but I'm pretty sure they're correct, it's just that there's only a few differences between the cut and uncut this time around.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Chip Cheezum posted:

It's real late right now but I'm pretty sure they're correct, it's just that there's only a few differences between the cut and uncut this time around.

They are. I think what's happening is we're all still expecting the first link in an update to go to the cut video, and then the secondary link to the uncut one (assuming you didn't do it that way for Uncharted 4 too, I didn't follow that LP).

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kadorhal posted:

They are. I think what's happening is we're all still expecting the first link in an update to go to the cut video, and then the secondary link to the uncut one (assuming you didn't do it that way for Uncharted 4 too, I didn't follow that LP).

Yeah, he put the Uncut as the main and Cut as the little side link with Uncharted 4. Probably because judging from the view counts, more people watched their full commentary anyway.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, he put the Uncut as the main and Cut as the little side link with Uncharted 4. Probably because judging from the view counts, more people watched their full commentary anyway.

Scientific confirmation that we're better at dialogue than Naughty Dog

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also let's toke up with those Rastafarian rhinos and listen to the song unimpeded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjZCIsPyRGc

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Yay, new C&I stuff! I'm glad to see this, never got around to watching the old one.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
By the way Chip, when I was watching this years Gextralife stream, an aspect of the segment where you played Blinx really stood out for an interesting reason. In that video, you mention that he kept bottoming charts of worst characters, and wondering why he seemed so hated when he was actually a likable character. Cast your mind back to June 2010, your Luigi's Mansion retsupurae - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JthuemWSws. At one point you noticed in the list of games that the guy was going to LP, Blinx The Time Sweeper and your immediate reaction was "gently caress Blinx, I hate that goddamn cat." You had never seen him, you had never heard him, all you'd likely seen was the boxart and maybe a trailer.

Your reaction was part of the problem. That exact mindset was what got him bottom of so many worst mascot lists - people assuming he'd suck because most mascots do and existing on the least popular console didn't do him any favours.

Not related to this game but I thought it was interesting.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 23, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

BioEnchanted posted:

By the way Chip, when I was watching this years Gextralife stream, an aspect of the segment where you played Blinx really stood out for an interesting reason. In that video, you mention that he kept bottoming charts of worst characters, and wondering why he seemed so hated when he was actually a likable character. Cast your mind back to June 2010, your Luigi's Mansion retsupurae - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JthuemWSws. At one point you noticed in the list of games that the guy was going to LP, Blinx The Time Sweeper and your immediate reaction was "gently caress Blinx, I hate that goddamn cat." You had never seen him, you had never heard him, all you'd likely seen was the boxart and maybe a trailer.

Your reaction was part of the problem. That exact mindset was what got him bottom of so many worst mascot lists - people assuming he'd suck because most mascots do and existing on the least popular console didn't do him any favors.

Not related to this game but I thought it was interesting.

Wrong "your", there.

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 23, 2017

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Chip Cheezum posted:

Pey'j likes to get in the way, but that's okay, we still love him.

Isn't that why we love him?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Pey'j is a great uncle unlike some others.

Izzus
Mar 14, 2014

I like to imagine Pey'j is the kind of uncle who doesn't know what a Super Nintendo is but he'll play one with you anyways because he knows what Pac Man and Asteroids is.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The problem with Blinx is not really a unique one. It's just that pretty much every character action game since, like, Super Mario 3, has ceded giant amounts of territory to Nintendo, believing that, much like a cool uncle, Mario could not be beaten in a fun-off; he is simply the most amiable one there is. So they went hip and cool and edgy and all-the-popular-elements, as an alternative to fun.

But, much like a cool uncle, Mario is not really trying to beat anyone in a fun-off. Mario is just having fun his own way and people can buy into it or not.

Beyond Good and Evil lets you have fun indulging your butt obsession and grooving with rasta rhinos and dive-tackling your giant floof dog, and it's a better game for it.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Izzus posted:

I like to imagine Pey'j is the kind of uncle who doesn't know what a Super Nintendo is but he'll play one with build one for you anyways because he knows what Pac Man and Asteroids is.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Pey'j will mod your Super Nintendo to output only the freshest RGB signal. He also knows a guy who knows a guy who will import video games straight from Japan.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Glazius posted:

The problem with Blinx is not really a unique one. It's just that pretty much every character action game since, like, Super Mario 3, has ceded giant amounts of territory to Nintendo, believing that, much like a cool uncle, Mario could not be beaten in a fun-off; he is simply the most amiable one there is. So they went hip and cool and edgy and all-the-popular-elements, as an alternative to fun.

But, much like a cool uncle, Mario is not really trying to beat anyone in a fun-off. Mario is just having fun his own way and people can buy into it or not.

Beyond Good and Evil lets you have fun indulging your butt obsession and grooving with rasta rhinos and dive-tackling your giant floof dog, and it's a better game for it.

Yes, but from what was seen of Blinx during Gextralife, he isn't trying to be edgy - he's a brave, sweet boy who jumped into action when the earth's time was being stolen when everyone else was like "gently caress it, not our job." What I meant was, everyone assumed that he would be an edgy mouthy pain in the rear end because all other mascots were, like Gex and Bubsy and Sonic at times - but he is actually the opposite. It's just a shame his game has poor mechanics.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
BG&E and Star Fox 64 - two games I can quote my way through back to front.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I feel like in a few decades when there's a Journal of LP Studies there's going to be a special issue on the theme of butts in y'alls work

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Izzus posted:

I like to imagine Pey'j is the kind of uncle who doesn't know what a Super Nintendo is but he'll play one with you anyways because he knows what Pac Man and Asteroids is.

Non only that, but he plays with you anyway because he's a cool guy.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Pey'j posted:

Augh, clear the way! Pachyderms!
Wow, that was uncalled for. Not everybody who cuts you off in traffic is a hippo or an elephant. Pey'j needs to be a little less closed-minded.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Supersonic Shine posted:

Wow, that was uncalled for. Not everybody who cuts you off in traffic is a hippo or an elephant. Pey'j needs to be a little less closed-minded.

The joke is that Elephants keep forgetting their turn signals. "loving PACHYDERMS! Elephant's never forget MY rear end!"

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

BioEnchanted posted:

The joke is that Elephants keep forgetting their turn signals. "loving PACHYDERMS! Elephant's never forget MY rear end!"
Oh, that's what it is. I thought I was missing something somehow.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Scaramouche posted:

Jesus christ I've been watching you guys play video games for nearly 10 years.

I had this revelation too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this post's to the man, the myth, the legend but most importantly, my boy

mission j frog.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

mission j frog.

He completed his mission :patriot:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

mission j frog.

The loving eyepatch slays me every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
OH NO MISSION J FROG!

NO PEYJ DON'T BE LIKE MISSION J FROG YOUR MISSION IS TO NOT HAVE A MISSION!

• Locked thread