Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

By "going places" are we talking Samurai Flamenco or Valvrave?

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Winter Season 2018: Oh, this? It's laced with drugs.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Davincie posted:

dont compare art to that trash you motehfuckers

drat, passionate samumenco fan here

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, but it’s still pretty ropey in places. I mean, Ryo basically wears the exact same expression through most of the first few chapters, like a Tim Buckley character.

That's because he's stoned.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

That's because he's stoned.

Yeah, but Nagai could at least draw his stoned face from a few different angles.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go Nagai is overrated :troll:
Hopefully Yuasa will do something cool with it.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
AOTY vote thread when?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

DisDisDis posted:

badass and sexy

new one I'm too lazy to find a pic of: meh but there's potential to the pretty sociopath thing, and if there's anyone I believe in it's Yuasa

What do you think about Johan from Monster

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Quark posted:

Johan Liebert is the most horrifying pretty boy ever. I've read somewhere that he's partially based off of Michio Yuki, but I think Johan is scarier, overall.

For this season, I'm gonna be lazy and just gonna go through word of mouth from posts around the net (mostly here). The few things I'm giving a watch are Yuasa's take on Devilman, the Trigger show (Darling in the FranxX?) and CCS.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Well he sure is pretty. I haven't read Monster so I can't tell you one way or another whether I'd like him. Whereas I'm very attached to Ryo.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hakumei & Mikochi is a fan-loving-tastic manga, and everything shown so far in terms of art/teasers/PVs looks beautiful. Outside of like March Lion S2 it'll be the best show IMO since, well, the gauntlet of Winter 2017.

I'd love to put Yurucamp in that conversation as well but I can't help but feel that something about the artstyle looks off in the PVs. I dunno if it's going to be nearly as charming as the manga.

Those two plus Mitsuboshi Colors are what I'll be checking out at least.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 23, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

DisDisDis posted:

Well he sure is pretty. I haven't read Monster so I can't tell you one way or another whether I'd like him. Whereas I'm very attached to Ryo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Nate RFB posted:

Hakumei & Mikochi is a fan-loving-tastic manga, and everything shown so far in terms of art/teasers/PVs looks beautiful. Outside of like March Lion S2 it'll be the best show IMO since, well, the gauntlet of Winter 2017.
i absolutely read this as Michiko and Hatchin and then kept thinking about that

thank you sayo yamamoto

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

DisDisDis posted:

At one point (:siren: slight spoilers for Monster; you've been warned. :siren:) Johan impersonates his twin sister, just to mess with a couple of characters even further; in-story it's actually quite convincing, and the way it's handled both in the anime and manga is pretty good. It's also... well, you know what kind of person Johan is by then. In the anime, Nozomu Sasaki did an excellent job portraying Johan throughout the anime , with an inspired Mamiko Noto successfully channeling Mister Sasaki when Johan impersonates Nina. It's honestly hard to recommend one medium over the other.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

chumbler posted:

Winter Season 2018: Oh, this? It's laced with drugs.

This please

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

pop team epic is either going to be great or some bait and switch meta joke

maybe both

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
either will be good

e: i dont think the goldem kamuy anime was for sure 2018 but I started reading that and im excited for that too

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 24, 2017

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
this is amazing

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

either will be good

e: i dont think the goldem kamuy anime was for sure 2018 but I started reading that and im excited for that too

it's a spring 2018 show

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
oh nice!

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

i'm disappointed that you didn't ask him about matoba

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I'm struggling to think of why Basilisk of all things needed a sequel. The series that ends with "and then every important character was dead" does not really strike me as one that needed a continuation made, instead of just making your own drat work that happened to involve ninja clans.

As for actual things I'll watch, the new CCS kind of tops the list and I'll at least be checking out Extra as well.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Koth posted:

I'm struggling to think of why Basilisk of all things needed a sequel.
BRAND RECOGNITION, BABY! :capitalism:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
New thread added to OP.

quote:

Yuru Camp△
C-Station | ... | Tanaka, Jin | Slice of Life, Comedy | Manga | Jan 4, 2018
Rin likes to go camping by herself along the lakes that provide a scenic view of Mt. Fuji. Nadeshiko loves to take cycling trips by herself to places where she can see Mt. Fuji. After they meet, Rin and Nadeshiko take camping trips, eat cup ramen together, and enjoy the scenery.
PV
Thread

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

The manga is pretty good, so I'm expecting good things from Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, and of course the Ito Junji Collection.

I'll probably give the new Trigger show a shot. They've been hit or miss for me but I always want to see them do well. I'm not really too sure about the rest to be honest. Nothing really pops out, so I'll probably just dip into whatever the thread starts to suggest is good. It's worked well for me so far.

e: Whoops, forgot about Saiki S2 as well. I enjoyed the first, and it made up for losing my interest in Gintama.

CrashScreen fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 24, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Darling in The FranXX: Trigger Warning

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm hype for Pop Team Epic, but it's got some serious shoes to fill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ6vXRGdAto

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah its going to be hard to be better than the show its ripping off, pugyuryu

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I get where the main character in that Sanrio thing is coming from, Pompompurin is loving adorable. Sanrio makes some cute little bastards. Maybe there will be a character who likes that crazy panda officeworker

those pop thingy cartoons alwaya make me laugh so that could be good, honey badger thing could go either way, fate thing might have Nero in which case yes and also wow, animated junji ito thing could be very good

Anyway, I will probably start a bunch of things, get behind and then drop everything. Maybe I will just finish off Girls Last Tour and Apocrypha for now

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

yeah its going to be hard to be better than the show its ripping off, pugyuryu

cheko-chan ftw

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
what are the fujo shows this season, apart from the sword boys

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

gdmen

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

RottenK posted:

what are the fujo shows this season, apart from the sword boys

I'm assuming the sanrio boys will be one

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
thanks, will be sure to check them out

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/945291595607240705

also not this season but
https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/945218884667285504

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
inject hinamatsuri into my veins

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I can't wait to see all the best girls animated and also Hina.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, but it’s still pretty ropey in places. I mean, Ryo basically wears the exact same expression through most of the first few chapters, like a Tim Buckley character.

Go Nagai's weirdass funny expressions are genius tbh and I don't remember which shithead webcomic guy timothy buckley is but I'm gonna kill him, after I kill you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

B^U

• Locked thread