Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

• Mojo Rawley defeated Zack Ryder on the Pre-Show

• Dolph Ziggler defeated Baron Corbin (C) and Bobby Roode to win the United States Championship

• The Usos (C) retained their Tag Team Titles vs Shelton Benjamin and Chad Gable, The New Day & Rusev Day.

• Charlotte Flair (C) retained her Women's Title against Natalya in a Lumberjack Match

• The Bludgeon Brothers murdered Breezango. RIP Breezango.

• Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn defeated Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura, with Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan as special guest referees.

• AJ Styles (C) retained his WWE Title against Jinder Mahal, presumably ending The Jinder Experiment for good.

Raw Results
  • Kurt Angle came out to address the lack of a resolution to last week's main event. Braun and then Kane came out to state definitively that they wanted the title shot against Brock. Paul Heyman came out and introduced Brock, so Kurt extremely quickly announced it would be a Triple Threat at the Rumble and then got the gently caress out of dodge.

• Brock knocked Braun out of the ring, blocked a chokeslam by Kane and F5ed him before leaving. In-ring, Kane sat up which seemed to surprise Brock.

• Seth Rollins was supposed to fight Samoa Joe but Jason Jordan came out instead to insist he was done asking for a shot at Joe. Joe said he'd be happy to watch them beat each other up, and after Jordan attacked Seth the match was made official and Joe settled in at ringside to watch.

• After a match that felt like it lasted forever, Seth Rollins defeated Jason Jordan. Joe got involved right at the end but Seth was able to superkick him and then escape a roll-up to hit his Knee Finisher on Jordan and get the win. Joe jumped him afterwards (as he'd straight up said he would), left him laying and knocked out Jordan for good measure on his way up the ramp.

• Backstage Seth was furious and wanted his match against Joe tonight. Dean had finally shown up and didn't really seem to know what was going on. Jordan also showed up furious, so Kurt Angle booked a six man tag of Seth, Dean and Jordan vs Joe and The Bar.

• Bray Wyatt did a promo acknowledging Woken Matt and mimicking his laugh and catchphrases, but warning that it's all fun and games till somebody gets hurt, which is what he intends to do.

• Finn Balor won a handicap match against Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas by DQ when they both just started putting the boots to him when he looked like winning. Hideo Itami came to Finn's aide and they cleared the ring.

• Hideo and Finn defeated Bo and Curtis in a tag match.

• Enzo came to the ring with Drew Gulak (who compared himself favorably to Jar Jar Binks) and then joined the commentary table for the match against Cedric Alexander. Cedric defeated Gulak to gain a title shot against Enzo. Enzo would not shut up on commentary during the match until he suddenly got enthralled with his phone and wandered off.

• Enzo met with Nia Jax backstage, saying she had sent him a DM. As they tried to flirt, Gulak burst in to apologize for his loss. Nia left, and a cockblocked Enzo blew up at Drew who was trying to figure out where he went wrong.

• Asuka (after far too long) defeated Alicia Fox in a rematch. The crowd chanted,"ASUKA'S GONNA KILL YOU!" at the start of the match.

• Samoa Joe and the Bar defeated Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Jason Jordan. The ending felt rushed after Seth apparently accidentally hurt and possibly injured Dean with a dive to the outside.

• Stephanie McMahon showed up in a limo :cripes:

• Woken Matt Hardy defeated the reincarnated spirit of Napoleon Bonaparte inside a fish at a game of chess. I love Woken Matt Hardy.

• Joe and the Bar attacked Seth and Dean backstage, with Joe jamming Ambrose's arm into a production crate and warning Seth that he is never safe.

• The Revival made their return, having a match against Heath Slater and Rhyno. Titus Worldwide were watching backstage, including Dana who has embraced her role as their statistician. Revival won the match handily.

• Kurt Angle met with Heath and Rhyno backstage and told them they needed to toughen up. He left and a frantic Heath thought they were getting fired, but Rhyno said Kurt was talking about toughening him up... and Rhyno knew exactly how to accomplish that.

• Elias announced he was going to win the Royal Rumble, made some Tom Brady jokes, and tried to dedicate a song to Roger Goodell before being interupted by Sasha Banks, then Mickie James and then Bayley. By that point he gave up and left.

• Absolution vs Sasha, Mickie and Bayley ended on a DQ when Absolution wouldn't stop triple-teaming. Nia Jax came out and beat up Sonja and Mandy and hit a double Samoan Drop on them. Paige managed to take out Nia's knee and they started triple-teaming Nia, but then the rest of the women's division came out and they started a brawl.

• Stephanie McMahon came out as well and everybody stopped fighting. She announced a Woman's Royal Rumble.

Smackdown Results
  • Daniel Bryan came out to talk up the announcement at the end of Raw that there would be a Woman's Royal Rumble. Shane McMahon came out and agreed it was a big deal, but wanted to talk about Clash of Champions. Shane insisted he did nothing wrong and demanded an explanation from Bryan for HIS actions. Bryan replied he was protecting Shane from himself, and the crowd chanted,"THANK YOU, DANIEL!"

• Daniel reminded Shane that they had a shared vision of Smackdown as a Land of Opportunity, and that opportunity was for everyone and NOT just for people he liked. Shane told him he's regret trusting Sami and Kevin and warned him not to play favorites and think about what was best for business. Bryan just loving hammered him with the fact he was turning into Vince McMahon, and told him if he wanted to fire anybody he should fire Bryan. Shane wished Bryan luck running the show and told him he trusted him.

• Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin defeated The Usos in a non-title match, completely clean.

• Charlotte came to the ring to talk about the Women's Royal Rumble announcement, and said she would be waiting to face the winner at Wrestlemania. Naomi came out to announce she was entering herself in the Rumble and would see Charlotte at Wrestlemania. The Riott Squad came out and Naomi talked trash and challenged two of them to face her and Charlotte in a tag match tonight.

• Naomi and Charlotte defeated Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan in a tag match, with Naomi pinning Logan and stepping over her corpse as she and Charlotte celebrated in the ring.

• The New Day dressed up as an elf, a reindeer and whatever the hell Kofi was and handed out flapjacks and shirts backstage. They bumped into Rusev dressed as Santa Claus and Aiden English dressed as a snowman. Rusev declared he only had a naughty list and everybody was on it, but quickly assured a panicked English this didn't include him. Rusev stomped on BIG E's flapjacks while shouting,"PTOOEY ON YOUR PANCAKES" and an enraged BIG E accepted his challenge.

• Dolph Ziggler came out with his US Title, went over his prior US, IC and World Title victories, then announced that the crowd wasn't worthy of his presence. He'd give them something to remember him by - he dropped the title to the mat and then walked out without a word.

• Sami and Kevin met Daniel Bryan backstage and gave him champagne, which he politely declined. They agreed he didn't do it JUST for them and assumed he had wanted revenge on Randy Orton. Bryan told them they were delusional, and if they didn't go get ready for their match maybe he's consider firing them himself.

• The New Day won an incredibly entertaining tag match against Rusev Day. Words don't do it justice, it was so much fun.

• AJ Styles, Randy Orton and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Jinder Mahal, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in a six man tag. The Singh Brothers tried to get involved, got ejected, returned and got murdered by Orton before AJ hit the Forearm on Owens (with assist from Orton) and Shinsuke hit the Kinshasa on Sami and got the pin.

• The show ended with the three faces posing to the crowd.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Asuka is the only logical choice to win a Women's Royal Rumble match. So it won't be her. It'll be Nia Jax or something. :smith:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka is the only logical choice to win a Women's Royal Rumble match. So it won't be her. It'll be Nia Jax or something. :smith:

It's gonna be Ronda Rousey.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rhonne posted:

It's gonna be Ronda Rousey.

It won't be Ronda if WWE is still planning on doing the 4HW vs 4HW angle at Wrestlemania.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

They still probably need a title match for the PPV so she might be busy with that?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

They still probably need a title match for the PPV so she might be busy with that?

It'll probably be Paige vs Alexa at the Rumble for the title. Paige can win, go hog wild for a month or two with Absolution, then lose to Asuka at Wrestlemania.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I want to be excited but given how they hosed up the women's MITB they don't have the benefit of the doubt right now

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fixed the titles graphic - even though I wrote it in the results I straight up forgot that Dolph Ziggler was the new US Champ :doh:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Stephanie is like some bizarro Helen of Troy. At the announcement of her presence, all women lose the will to fight.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

Fixed the titles graphic - even though I wrote it in the results I straight up forgot that Dolph Ziggler was the new US Champ :doh:

Should have left it as it was. I would prefer to forget that Ziggler was US champ.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still wondering if that graphic means nikki cross is a tag champion. If so I wish she won the women's title so she'd be 1 Almas beatdown away from the triple crown.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

I'm still wondering if that graphic means nikki cross is a tag champion.

They said Freebird rules apply to Sanity and she IS in Sanity so.... I say yes!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Big shoutout to CJ2 who responded to a guy possibly being injured with this gem:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Benne posted:

I want to be excited but given how they hosed up the women's MITB they don't have the benefit of the doubt right now

Too bad Ellsworth was let go, he could have made history again!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Are we out of Women's 1sts yet? Not counting 1st big 4 pay per view main evented by women, that'll never happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Big shoutout to CJ2 who responded to a guy possibly being injured with this gem:

Good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTt-kfPvRks

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Blaise330 posted:

Are we out of Women's 1sts yet? Not counting 1st big 4 pay per view main evented by women, that'll never happen.

We still have a Women's Elimination Chamber match that hasn't been done.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DarkstarIV posted:

Can't wait to see her get gassed and leave the match then come back at the end and have Roman Reigns come in and win the match for her

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Last year I got apollo crews as my rumble lottery pick on this forum. I predict this year I get Tamina and Mike Kinellis.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Napoleon was never good at chess. If Matt wanted a better opponent, he should have chosen Mussolini. Preferably in the body of a Siamese Cat.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Remember last year's rumble when the internet was so hype cause "omg anyone can win, there's like 10 viable choices! It might even be Sami!" then it was randy orton so he could later challenge a guy who he was already currently in a storyline with.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

quote:

Woken Matt Hardy defeated the reincarnated spirit of Napoleon Bonaparte inside a fish at a game of chess. I love Woken Matt Hardy.

I feel like it needs to be clarified that Matt was playing chess against a fish that was possessed by the spirit of Napoleon Bonaparte. This was not Matt playing chess against a ghost while both were inside of a fish, perhaps in some sort of Jonah and the Whale-esque situation.

I need to make this clarification because both scenarios are equally plausible at this point.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Here for the Women's Rambo on the Kickoff show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The women's rumble announcement reads like a poorly written parody.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Blaise330 posted:

Remember last year's rumble when the internet was so hype cause "omg anyone can win, there's like 10 viable choices! It might even be Sami!" then it was randy orton so he could later challenge a guy who he was already currently in a storyline with.

Can’t wait to see The Big Dog win the rumble in His Yard, which will culminate with The Guy going over Lesnar at mania, another notch on the belt as they say, heh

*posts photo of everyone holding up Roman reign’s hand*

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think it'll curtain jerk or be the 2nd match to space out the rumbles as far as possible. Kick off match will be cruiserweight title, bludgeon bros, and whatever this heath slater storyline leads to. Alternatively, 2 matches and a walk with Elias.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Do it ironically posted:

Can’t wait to see The Big Dog win the rumble in His Yard, which will culminate with The Guy going over Lesnar at mania, another notch on the belt as they say, heh

*posts photo of everyone holding up Roman reign’s hand*

They're never letting roman win another rumble. It'll be a smackdown winner then Roman wins elimination chamber or just spears Brock on a random raw.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
what was up with flashing back to y2j debuting? was there any context? because i sorta caught it out of the corner of my eye and all i could think is how freaked out vince is that new japan is starting to check out america.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
i can't wait to watch two lovely rumbles in one night instead of having to wait a year to be disappointed twice.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh man they really stepped it up with matt hardy this week. he needs more than a talking head to do his bit, so im glad they get that. hopefully they let filming resume at the hardy compound.

last week really did feel like "oh... its the catchphrase" but this week was very good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sugar Blaster posted:

i can't wait to watch two lovely rumbles in one night instead of having to wait a year to be disappointed twice.

You won't be disappointed when Becky comes out as #1 then gets eliminated before #4 comes out. Possibly by one of her friends.

Edit: Actually since every woman gets an entrance, that guarantees Naomi is #1 or 2

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tomorrow evening i'm going to look at Jinder's tiddy.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MassRafTer posted:

The women's rumble announcement reads like a poorly written parody.

Stephanie demanding a yes chant was peak heeling.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Tomorrow will be all pay per view rematches. Breezango have the Bludgeon Bros number this time!

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

shiksa posted:

what was up with flashing back to y2j debuting? was there any context? because i sorta caught it out of the corner of my eye and all i could think is how freaked out vince is that new japan is starting to check out america.

i think they were showing things that the rock did because he got a walk of fame star

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Actually Jinder will win the Rumble with a counter when some poor soul tries to back rake him. Vince will then give him the longest title reign in history and 5 billion brown people will reward him with truckloads of colorful foreign moneys

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Did Steph belittle anyone while on the show? I find it hard to believe that she, like, didn't walk past Dean and Seth in their backstage promo with Kurt just to comment how small their dicks are.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

sonicice posted:

i think they were showing things that the rock did because he got a walk of fame star

Wasn't it great Raw moments because the 25th anniversary is in January?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Did Steph belittle anyone while on the show? I find it hard to believe that she, like, didn't walk past Dean and Seth in their backstage promo with Kurt just to comment how small their dicks are.

She made every single woman on the entire roster forget their feuds and characters to bask in her glorious announcement. Does that count?

• Locked thread