Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ended up in the hospital for 24h thanks to a gall bladder attack. Still going to try to finish my game in time.

But not tonight. Tonight is recovery time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Do I need to do anything special on the website to submit my game or just update the page, put up a link to the download and its good?

Ive got it mostly finished at this point so I put it up at:

https://sedgr.itch.io/ufo-cattle-battle

and updated my games page on the awful jams site.

Might mess around with some stuff again tomorrow and update the version or something but its in a pretty good place at the moment I think. If anyone wants to download and try it early its there.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Doom Goon posted:

Game Playings

Thanks for playing it! The controls are a bit finnicky and heavily rely on the brakes. And yep that ends up being a whole lot of cows. I had more plans in store, but of course its a jam and just didnt have the time to implement more stuff without breaking everything. Thanks again.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Doom Goon posted:

Thank you! Do you have a video of a good run? I always like seeing what I failed to pick up in these games.

I dont, but theres nothing stopping me from making one. I can survive the five minutes reasonably consistently, so if I get a chance I'll try and record something and put it up.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Giggs posted:

Feedback

Thanks for playing it and giving feedback. Yeah the plow does no damage which was actually intentional. The last few days of the jam were mostly spent balancing. Really minor changes kept pushing it back and forth from being way too easy to completely impossible.

For instance I tightened the controls at one point, but it verged on being to simplistic. I changed the wave behavior but the games performance crashed hard. Too few waves and I was bored.

The cows shield up actually because it kept messing with crash damage and collision. If they didnt have a delay/shield some of the time they were too easy to run over and kill. Which meant there needed to be way more of them, which tanked performance again.

Basically everything I ended up with was a result of time constraints and trying to get some semblance of balance in there. Getting to where it is now with it starting easier and the difficulty coming in at the right time was pretty hard to hit.

And yeah the music track is way too short, my wife was getting really annoyed hearing it all the time during testing. But I wanted to try to make something music wise so it is what it is.

Thanks again!

• Locked thread