Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Gauging the interest of a non-goon buddy. Unity is my thing, he's good with art. Another programmer would be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

Overscoped, but we talked it over and we feel pretty good about finishing something playable. It's still cubes and spheres bumping into each other atm, thoug, not much to show.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

We overscoped ourselves to the moon and couldn't make it back. We ended with workings stealth gameplay and an environment to sneak around, but my test stage had grown so gradually over the course of development. When it came time to set up a playable demo, my Unity objects were so dependent on establishing relationships by assigning them in the editor (I'm so bad at using the various Find functions, it's stupid), that we literally ran down the clock with me dragging and dropping various object references.

We both really love this game concept, though, and we're hoping that we have time to keep working on it. I might edit some gifs into this post later, after I get some sleep.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

A quick video of Team Slightly Bigger Snowball's failed attempt. We had all the parts at deadline and I couldn't get everything together in time, so I threw together a smaller level to show off the basic mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BqNSPnFyFQ

The models came from the asset store but the sprites and animation are all my friend. All the sound was really bad free stuff, so I think I'll solve that problem and put a demo up in the Making Games thread sooner or later.

• Locked thread