Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Myron posted:

I have a stupid question: How do I actually join the jam with my team from last year? Clicking join takes me to the team creation form. I've typed in my old Team name ("Team Team"), but that just created another team with the same name.
You gotta make a "new" team each jam. This'll be improved when the website is revamped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Reminder to everyone: test your games on other people's computers (you should've been doing this all along really)
Don't wait until your game is finished, don't wait until it's perfect, just get it out there, because an incomplete game is better than one that won't start because you forgot some really important file / DLL / redist / etc.
Similarly, VSync is not a fixed framerate. Monitors come in all kinds of refresh rates these days, so if your game runs differently on 60hz vs 120hz, that can be the difference for a judge to play it as intended or it's completely broken.
There's plenty of goons on Discord happy to try out your masterpieces on a variety of hardwares.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Make sure to select a OS when submitting

If you messed it up / need to resubmit / don't see your submission on the website, contact JonTerp on Discord asap.

SupSuper fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 05:59

• Locked thread