Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:bernget:

Fun Shoe

Jo posted:

I'm considering making something in Godot this year. (Even though that didn't work out so awesome last time.) If anyone's working on the 3.0 beta branch and building from source I'd be happy to burn alive with you.

If anyone is wondering, it is easy to build Godot from source and the resulting executable is portable so you don't have to bother with any kind of installation. I have no idea what I'm doing w.r.t. godot itself, but I'm here in 3.0 land with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

I decided to go with Love2d instead of Godot since I feel more comfortable without the integrated editor and scene system and there is only a day left to practice. If anyone wants to team up, send me a message on the discord or pm me here. Any experience level is fine.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Reminder: if anyone doesn't want to go it alone and wants to join a team, message me here or on the discord. Any experience level or discipline is fine, no pressure if you end up not having time or your mom gets sick or something.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Hammer Bro. posted:

What do you call those type of games where you launch somebody into the air and lose when they land/stop? Also, what's a popular one of those? Finally, what's a popular runner game?

I want to draw inspiration from some of those areas but I don't even know what to call them.

Like in a track and field game when you throw a javelin? I'm not sure if that has a specific name.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Firmly in the panic stage at the moment...

That is the sweet spot.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Doom Goon posted:

Only one thing left to do!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

netcat posted:

A Machine to End War
This games seems good but I got stuck in a room I think. I killed all the enemies but no transition thing appeared.. maybe it was the end?

Thanks for playing, sorry about the bugs. This updated version has fixes for the crash bug and can't exit the room bug:

https://goo.gl/gwcbja

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Yes. Thank you.

I think the last time i checked the site it wasnt there yet. Or maybe Im blind.

Good poo poo yall 👍

You have to click the 'Submissions' tab to see the games, which is a little unfortunate.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thank you for the detailed review and thoughtful input Giggs. We have been working on an update to Machine to End War that should address a bunch of your thoughts, including how levels are organized. Hopefully we will have that done by this Thursday.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

That's a bummer, it looks like you were pretty close to something that worked! Glad to see you are still messing around with it. If you didn't know, you can get removed from the 'wall of shame' by finishing (gamejam level finished not polished and perfect) a game that jives with the theme. You have until the next jam to do it. Just talk to @JonTerp on the discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

Fun Shoe

A new version of A Machine to End War. This one should be more balanced and a bit more difficult.

https://goo.gl/hQUZRv

• Locked thread