Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

you should see my TMNT® Machinegun

Hell, it's about time!
I made that guillotine fruit slicing game last year and can make good game in UE4. Would be cool to be part of a team this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

Soundtrack for entry Clock Jammers is finished! It's bleepy bloopy NES music created in FamiTracker with the VRC6 Soundchip (Used in Japanese Castlevania 3). The songs loop so I've just exported 3 minutes of all of them.

Overall I'm pretty happy with the results, was really fun to use FamiTracker again (last time I did was in 2009 for the failed goon Megaman project) and the songs feature a good mix of moods and themes!

https://soundcloud.com/ludvigloven/sets/clock-jammers

Now we just have to make a game to go with the music. Oh god.

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

This was a fun game to work on! We also have:

-Cool weapons like Missile Launcher, Minigun (damages all enemies in a line), and Lightning Gun!

-A bleepy bloopy Chiptune soundtrack: https://soundcloud.com/ludvigloven/sets/clock-jammers

-Sweet character sprites by MShadowy

And you get to help bring down Imperial Japan!

Can't wait to play all the other games!

kukrunkarmaskin fucked around with this message at Jan 22, 2018 around 11:27

kukrunkarmaskin
Mar 28, 2005

Yay, someone liked the game, thanks! I had a blast working on this, shoutout to Thermal Anomaly for the game idea + stellar programming (I was able to follow his uncommented code, tweak it, fix bugs and implement stuff relating to levels/music/balancing despite having never worked with MonoGame before) and MShadowy for adorable sprite work.

In retrospect we probably could have gone with a little more polish and a little less content. We're aware of most of what you pointed out but we had probably overscoped this a bit so we kept adding content and features up until 3 hours before submission (when the bug hunting started) so we're just happy there are not more bugs.

The plan was to have a roguelike style game loop where you play through the historical levels (you got one try on each) and if you completed them all the DOOMSTATION level (+Asteroid spaceship level before it) would unlock. If you didn't complete all levels you would get a bad ending (Oh no you failed the world and now XXX happened) depending on which missions you failed, and you got to start over again, but with your characters a bit more leveled up.
We had to cut that part and just go with a level select where you could play all the stages in no particular order.

We currently have some tweaks in the works that haven't made it to a build yet (Destructible walls!), and some art assets (customizable player sprites, level +UI icons) that aren't implemented, we'll see what we can do about it!

• Locked thread