Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Well, at least this game's version of the Factor's crazy pink eye thing is significantly less creepy than L's.

Though, to be fair, we haven't seen Kouichi's yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

GimmickMan posted:

Belated, but we're here for you if you ever need help getting through Impact. Remember you can always turn the game off and no one can force you to play it again. Not all SRW fans go through an Impact phase, but there are support groups for those who had the same experience and you're not alone.

I should be fine. I've never liked having to prioritize my upgrades because it means picking one robot over another so I always cheat for infinite cash in SRW, so now Impact's fairly extreme variant on the "more powerful units have lower max upgrades" system means I live in a bizarro world where Bernard Wiseman and Shiro Amada murder everything and the Super Gundam is garbage.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

HitTheTargets posted:

No knowledge of Linebarrel in either anime or manga form here, but I've already noted a slight difference in its portrayal of its main character compared to L.

Just slightly, yeah. The anime tried to make Koichi Shinji Mk-II (and unsurprisingly L had them go together), including being bullied by Furuya.

The manga is...this. The exact goddamn opposite. Furuya is a bully, sure, but Koichi is meaner, stronger, and not willing to take anyone's poo poo. This is why Linebarrels even from the start is great: its lead is a giant piece of poo poo who constantly talks about JUSTICE but couldn't be more self-centered if he tried. It's the story of how Hayase Koichi goes from an rear end to a true CHAMPION OF JUSTICE, something that's badly lost if you make him Shinji, regardless of him quickly having a change of heart into something like his manga characterization.

In short, he's despicable.

Also manga Ishigami is the best and I dearly hope the game stays true to him being the absolute best chessmaster and troll and not...the anime Ishigami, a pale imitation.

Outside of my rampant fanboyism for the Linebarrels manga, I knew Tobikage could fuse with the three ninja mechs but I didn't expect that to make them more bestial. Normally it goes the other way around, so that's surprising, and pretty cool.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I enjoy the fact Richard is incredibly terrible at everything that isn't being a mysterious mercenary pilot.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brunom, you're speeding through this like a demon.

Also, I just want to point out the mind-boggling stupidity of:
"Only ninjas can pilot these robots."
"I can pilot the robot."
"You must be a ninja."
"No. Definitely not a ninja."
"In that case, let's go to Earth so we can find a ninja who can pilot this robot."

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
Dog tack, is he a forgotten ancestor of Biscuit, Cookie and Cracker?

Also, much as I like Vardant's design and its theme of 'I need more swords, MORE SWORDS', I'm a bit disappointed in its final animation. I want to see that poor ninja-bot get turned into a porcupine, not have it hidden behind curtains!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And we're right back to Kouichi being a little poo poo :allears:

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

EclecticTastes posted:

I should be fine. I've never liked having to prioritize my upgrades because it means picking one robot over another so I always cheat for infinite cash in SRW, so now Impact's fairly extreme variant on the "more powerful units have lower max upgrades" system means I live in a bizarro world where Bernard Wiseman and Shiro Amada murder everything and the Super Gundam is garbage.

...See, that actually makes me want to play Impact with infinite cash, if only to see my favourite lower tier guys do some cool things.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mikl posted:

And we're right back to Kouichi being a little poo poo :allears:

I think I enjoy Kouichi more when there is good reasons that he is a poo poo.
His eventual and inevitable powertrip looks much more plausible now.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

Brunom1 posted:

: …
: (“What difference is there between mercenaries and soldiers”…?)
: (The army’s allied itself with monsters who didn’t even think twice before torching an entire town…)
: (And the ones who were willing to stand up them were the supposed alien invaders and mercs who take lives for a paycheck...)
: (Which side is really doing what’s right…?)

Actually not so much, if you consider the term "soldier" came from the latin word solidarius, that meaning one who received a pay (soldus) in order to operate for someone else.
So in the past in fact there was little to no difference between the mercenary and the common military operating for a country. The differentiation came only in recent times.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mercenaries, as in the idea of people who fight for people unattached to them for payment has history in ancient egypt, around the 13th century BC.
The idea of a professional army and career soldiers is earliest recorded in Assyria, atound the 8th Century BC, before that soldiers were simply pulled from the populace as a militia when the need arose, and the practice continued for much of history until the renaissance, specifically the 1400s.

However the modern pop culture idea of a mercenary is heavily informed by the rise of PMCs and the military industrial complex, and the various media that explore that angle.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Manga Linebarrels. :allears:

One day, we will get Robot Abraham Lincoln as a recruitable secret with his Rail Splitter mech.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Inferno-sama posted:

...See, that actually makes me want to play Impact with infinite cash, if only to see my favourite lower tier guys do some cool things.

It's not quite universal, the Gundam Alex, while better than literally every previous appearance in SRW, is still just above-average (though, it hits as hard as a weak Super), while the Zaku Custom's weakest weapon is stronger than the Alex's strongest and its top weapon is a mid-tier Super Robot finisher. The Texas Mack beats Getter Dragon in every respect aside from their pilots and the lack of Shine Spark. Aura Battlers are basically worthless aside from Hyper Aura Slash and Bilbine has some of the weakest weapons in the game. The Borot's stats start out so comically low that it still isn't very good (sorry, Boss). Daitarn 3 remains the most overpowered robot of all time, while Combattler V kinda sucks. I skipped getting the MP Great Mazinger, but it might well be better than the real deal. Further, the way shields work mean that a Mobile Suit with a shield is as durable as a Super Robot for as many as twenty hits (this also allows low-mobility units with weirdly powerful guns like the Zaku to just tank hits instead of dodging), and Daitarn can only be harmed by bosses. It's all extremely weird and chaotic, and I kinda love it.

It's not like Impact is the only game where benchwarmers become useful with infinite cash, but, it's definitely the only one where a Zaku II is preferable to the Super Gundam (no really, I just unlocked Char's Zaku for Bernie, and gleefully had Kamille dump the Gundam mk. II in favor of Bernie's old ride). I'm not even a third of the way through, I can only imagine what wonders await when I get to the Cosmoquake portion of the game and start seeing normally-useless Mobile Suits come out in force.

Here's the RAW code for infinite money in Impact, just convert to your favorite cheat device or plug into an emulator: 2025E838 05F5E0FF

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

: Your food is here.
: Is something the matter? Should I take it away if you're not eating?
: Are you… another of the Unknown Xtrikers?
: I’ve no need to answer that.
: (What cold eyes she’s got…Is this how mercenaries are…?)
: Listen, I don’t know what’s going on inside your head, but you are our prisoner right now.
: And while I think this goes without saying, any aggression or attempt at escape will have you gunned down on the spot. Make sure you remember that.
: W-Wait a minute! Are you really fine with this?!
: …? What do you mean?
: I mean, a girl your age, stepping out into battles to fight other people…!
: Are you really fine with being a merc? With being paid to take lives?!
: Aren’t you also a classical actress, even?
: Uuh…?
: Actors are meant to bring out so many emotions – like excitement, joy, laughter. How can you bring joy and laughter to others with your hands smeared in blood?
: And even if being an actress doesn’t suit you, there are so many other ways for you to make a living than as a merc!
: Pfft…! Hmhmhm, Aahahahaha…!
: Wh-What’s so funny?!
: No, no, I’m sorry. I wasn’t laughing at you.
: I was just surprised that even the Major’s antics can work once in a blue moon.
: What do you mean by that?!
: Oh, don’t worry about it. You’re a very purehearted man, aren’t you?
: This is the most at ease I’ve felt in quite a while, actually. Okay, I’ll humor you and go dive into one of The Bard's books.

*Saya leaves.*

: “B-Books”…? I really don’t think a reading of King Lear or Hamlet’ll help someone who’s in prison…

: So?
: I left the cell door unlocked, as instructed.
: Good work. Now we sit back and watch what he does…
: I warned that he’d be shot on sight if he tried to escape. Do you still think he’ll try something after that?
: Who knows? If he doesn’t, that’s fine; and if does do something, I’ve a feeling it’ll be a plus for us.
: Granted, if he actually tries making a run for it, then we will have to kill him…

Back at Ishigami’s office, Ishigami explains that the Factors are people who’ve been infused with the nanomachines carried by the Machinas – and one must, thus, first be a Factor in order to control one of the things. Sort of like one must be a Ninja to control the Ladorio mechs, Mike figures.
An interesting way to put it, Ishigami laughs; but, then, wouldn’t that mean that Joe and the others ARE Ninjas, Romina asks. Nope, Joe still says they’re not and it’s just a coincidence, but the princess remains unconvinced. But Damian says we can make sense of that later, instead wanting to know how Ishigami wants them to help with JUDA’s mission of gathering Machinas.

Well, a JUDA investigator has sent word that a possible Factor has been found not too far away from here. Once he is confirmed as being one, and the Machina is located, Ishigami wants us to move in and pick them both up.
“And how are you going to confirm that? Do you just walk up to the guy and ask ‘Hey, are you a Factor’?” Rennie asks. No, not at all. See, Factors display very special physical traits, so that’s what they look out for.

#1: I knew we should have gone back…
#2: Gone where, exactly?
#1: I...
#2: We don’t even know where here is, do we? And, to make things worse, now Lu Xun and Zhou Yu have gone missing…
#1: Only because you would not sit still…
#2: No one asked you!
#2: And we need to learn more about this world before we can do anything, right?!
#1: O-Of course, but…
#2: Ssshh. Someone’s coming.

: What’s up, Yajima? Why’d you call me here for?
: Sorry, but it’s about Risako. She’s worried about you, you know.
: Risako…? That’s what’s going on? There’s nothing here to worry about.
: She misses who you used you be. You’re like a different person now.
: What’s the problem, huh? Am I not allowed to change or something?
: Besides, show me a senior middle-schooler that hasn’t gotten in a fight or two.
: Still, it doesn’t change the fact that you are different. You haven’t been the same since that accident three years ago…
: You stopped being yourself – that kid who used to cry behind me and Risako – after that satellite fell on top of you.
: Tell the truth, even I’m shocked at how different you’ve become…
: Hah, and the truth comes out.
: ? What is…?
: I reckon you were being legit when you said Risako was worried – but that’s not the case with you, isn’t? You just plain don’t like this.
: The little baby you’ve been taking care of since forever is now stronger than you. And you can’t handle it…
: You… Are you serious?
: Don’t try it, Yajima. You’re not winning this.
: …?!
: You’re an rear end…

: Yes… Yes, it’s fine. They’ve also confirmed it.
: We’ll move to capture the target, then…

: You can say whatever the hell you want about me, but Risako deserves better. Don’t you dare stomp all over her feelings like that, Kouichi!
: Gigi, gigigi…!
: …? What’s up with you? You trying to start something?
: Hold on, Kouichi. Something’s… off with them.
: Hah, maybe Furuya also asked this bunch to try and handle me?
: Well, you’re right on time! I needed to let off some steam…
: Giiii!
: ?! U-Uwaaaaaaah!!
: M-Monsters…?!
: Gigi, gigigi…
: Crap! Kouichi, They’re coming after us!
: Psh… they don’t know who they’re messing with! I ain’t a regular kid!
: Gii!

*Whoosh!*

: What?! H-He dodged it…?!
: Giii!

*Robo punch!*

: Gaaah!
: Kouichi…?!
: drat it… What do I do now?!

: That’s enough!
: Wh-Who are…?!

: Isn’t it obvious? I am a CHAMPION OF JUSTICE! (Sun Shangxiang)

Mission 6 – Iron, Boy, Champion of Justice

: A-A Champion of Justice?!
: Aye! Now run along, quickly! I’ll handle this!
: Shangxiang… I told you we should have waited. (Sun Quan)
: These are the denizens of another world. Even if we’re in position to assist, we must first discuss things through…
: Whaaat?! Quan, I know you are not suggesting I should've ignored children being attacked right in front of me!
: No, that’s not…
: Wh-What the hell…? Two Gundam costumes… talking?!
: Wh-Whatever, Kouichi! We gotta make a run for it!
: Y-Yeah, I got it!

*They start running west.*

: …!
: You won’t go after them! Sun Shangxiang will fight you! (Here’s a game for you. Try and spot every time I fit a Dynasty Warriors quote into their lines.)
: Behold, the deadly… KATENROU!!

*Whiiiiiiirrrrr!*

: Gii…?!

: Haah, Haah… drat, just what is going on here?!
: I get attacked by monsters, Gundam costumes crawl out the woodwork…
: Hah, I guess even you still get freaked out by some things.
: And you’re a lot more annoying than I gave you credit for…
: What, does it bug you that much to let me see you a bit spooked?

*Stoooomp!*

: Waaah?!
: What is it now?!

: G-Giant robots…?!
: Target spotted. Proceeding with capture.

*The Armas start closing in!*

: Th-Those robots are… are they coming after us?!
: Run, Kouichi!
: I’ll draw their attention while you get outta here.
: Wh-What are you talking about?!
: It’s no biggie. Same ol' song and dance between us, eh…?
: ?! Y-Yajima… you!

*The Armas close in more!*

: Come on, go! Start running!
: D-drat it…! Why do I have to be saved again…?
: I don’t want anyone to save me anymore! If I still need to be saved then I’m back at square one!
: Kouichi…
: I thought I’d finally changed! I thought I’d finally become strong, but…!

*Big Stooomp!*

: ?! Wh-What was…?!

*Stomp, stomp!*

: Something… Something’s getting closer?!

:siren: SRW UX - Linebarrel

: Another robot?!
: I-It’s…!

: Gwaaargh! I-It can’t be… he called the Machina?!
: The robot... saved us?!
: I-I’m sure of it…
: It was this thing, Yajima! It wasn’t a satellite that fell to earth during that accident three years ago…!
: It was this robot… that’s what fell!
: What did you say?!
: What is that… a demon?!
: It’s just like the giant in the legend!
: Heheheh… Well, things are looking up already!
: What’re you gonna do, Kouichi?!
: What’s it look like?! I’m gonna use this thing and fight them!
: Wh-What…?!
: The bot’s calling out to me, asking me to fly it…! It’ll make me even stronger!
: Don’t worry about anything, Yajima… I’ll protect you this time!
: Kouichi!

: Huh…? Something about this feels kind of familiar…
: Line… barrel… That’s your name?
: I got it… Yeah, I can handle this guy!
#1: We’ve confirmation that the Factor’s aboard! Wh-What do we do?!
#2: Keep your cool! Machina or not, that’s still just a kid in there! We’ll show him just how scary grown-ups can be!
: Heheheh… Take a look, Yajima! Here’s how strong I am!
: Yes… yes. There were some complications and the Humanoids were all destroyed. No, it was someone else who did it…
: However, it’s now confirmed beyond a shadow of doubt that Kouichi Hayase is the Linebarrel’s Factor.

: Understood. We’ll send a recovery team your way shortly.
: You heard her, my friends. The Machina has appeared at Oota and we’ll be moving in to capture it!
: Ookay! Then it’s our time to shine!
: I confess I’m feeling a bit nervous about this one…
: Please, don’t be! You just go in, pick up the Machina, and bring it back – easy-peasy. No need to stress yourselves out.
: Hah, but we gotta do this right to pay you back for all that sushi!
: Mr. Ishigami, about the prisoner…
: Hmhmm. We’ll proceed as planned.
: Of course, resulting expenses will have to be deducted from UX’s payment, you understand.
: Hah... Never one to miss an opportunity, eh, Prez?

: (Did something happen? Their security got a lot weaker all of a sudden…)

*Ka-chunk.*

: (...?! The door’s open...?!)

Back outside…

: So I gotta tango with 3 bots, all of the same design. Mass Produced models, these’re called, right? In other words… they’re mooks!

: I-I did it…! Hmhmhm, Hahahaha! You see that, Yajima?!
: Kouichi, why… why do you want power that badly?! I…
: Hmph! I don’t expect you to understand…
: Have you any idea how frustrating it is, being so weak that you can’t even protect the girl you like?!
: ?! Do you mean… Risako?!
: Can you imagine how miserable it feels, having to watch as someone else protects that girl? Hell, how it feels when you also need to be protected by that person, even?!
: No, you could never wrap your head around any of that!
: Then… Then, this is because of me? Kouichi…

: Stop right there, you!
: ?! It’s that costume from before…?!
: Okay, first of all: rude! I am a bona fide human, thank you very much!
: Aah? Well, sure, I guess there’s a person inside that costume, but…
: That is not what I meant!
: And, second of all, do you know the only thing that came to mind while I was listening to you? “Moody child throwing a fit”! You—

: ?! Fall back, Shangxiang! You're vulnerable!
: Huh…?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8pp5fjjRE

:siren: SRW UX - Tales of Mirisha ~ The Brave Legend
:dance: :dance:

: Hrgh…!
: Quan…?!
: Hmhmhm… You actually can handle yourself in a fight, hm, Gundam Boy? And here I was, thinking you were just a regular, old costume.
: Wh-Who…?!
: Are you…?!
: A pleasure to meet you, Kouichi Hayase. My name’s Yulianne Faithful, Captain of the Katou Organization’s 7th Unit.
: And I’m here on orders of Cmdr. Katou to pick you up.
: “Katou Organization”…? “Pick me up”?!
: Hmmhm. Now if you could just be a dear and tag along, that’d be great. If you say “no”, though…

: Then I’m afraid we’ll have to turn your shiny Machina into an equally shiny pile of slag.
: Those are the same as—!
: Hah, I see how it is. You’re the boss of those mooks just now, right? Then I only got one answer to give you!
: This power’s mine and I ain’t handing it over to anyone!
: Well, that’s a shame. No way around it, then…
: Now wait just a moment!
: What is it, Gundam Girl? Do you want a piece of me as well?
: Of course I do! You have some nerve to attack my brother!
: And now the Archer Princess of Jiangdong will cut that arrogant attitude of yours down to size!
: Jiangdong? Never heard of it. Still, no self-respecting woman’ll back away from a challenge.

: Then you wouldn’t mind making some room for us as well, right?
: Aah, if it isn’t JUDA’s little gang. You got here surprisingly fast.
: What do we do, boss? I know we’re here to pick up the Machina, but way things are looking…
: We’ll focus on dealing with the Katou Organization first. The Machina can wait until later.
: (Are they also after the Linebarrel?!)
: (I won’t let them have it…! This power is mine!)
: And what about those tiny Gundams there?
: Intel mentioned them, the miniaturized mechs that destroyed the Humanoids.
: Leave them be for now. They don’t attack us, we don’t attack them.
: Roger that!
: I… I don’t quite understand what is happening, but I’ve the sinking feeling we’re being dragged into quite the mess…
: What are you even implying with that, hm? Come on! Let’s do this, Quan!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Nov 18, 2018

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

The SD Gundams have only been around for a few scenes and I already love them. Now, this mission’s pretty simple as it’s all but a replay of our fight at Arkham City: destroy all Katou units, don’t lose the Elshank, Vardant or Linebarrel. The latter is VERY difficult to kill because Kouichi’s D-S.O.I.L. is absurdly powerful right out of the box and he’ll regen a ton, so it’s more a matter of making sure he doesn’t steal too many kills (the Katou AI seems hardwired to go after him).
With that in mind, Yulianne is still the only thing even remotely threatening, and that’s just because she can debuff your armor.

Sun Shangxiang Gerbera
Pilot Skills:
Prevail L1
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L1
Spirit Commands:
Focus
Assail
Mech Features:
Sword
Repair Module
10% HP and EN Regen
Squad Bonus: Money +10%, Mobility +5 (Money +20%, Mobility +20, 25% chance to dodge an incoming attack)
Shangxiang’s voice actress: Akemi Kanda (other roles: Chitose in SRW V, Estelle in Trails in the Sky, Nanako in Persona 4, and many more)

Shangxiang is, right outside the box, a very reliable squaddie not only because she’s very dodgy (especially with an SS size – all SD Gundams are human-sized) and can handle herself both at range and in melee (though her best attacks are pre-movement), but because her Squad Bonus boosts the cash you earned.
Early game doesn’t have a lot of Luck and Bless casts, so she can quickly boost your cash inflow if you pair her with someone who gets a lot of kills. Repair Module can also make her a good fit for someone that takes more hits than not, like Richard.

This is probably a good moment for me to make a quick tangent into Weapon Upgrade Patterns. In essence, a Weapon Upgrade Pattern refers to the cost and bonus power you get for each extra pip you set in a given upgrade.
It goes from pattern A (the best), to C (the worst), and what you’ll often find is that the lower tier bots follow pattern A as a way to help even the playing field against the big, powerhouse mechs (often pattern C). Pattern A bots, like the Lyras and Shangxiang, get more power for each pip, and are cheaper to upgrade – as such, little Gerbera here will actually grow stronger at a faster and cheaper rate than Sun Quan.
So keep that in mind if you really like a lower tier unit: you’re not gimping yourself THAT hard by upgrading and leading with them if you want to. The Upgrade Pattern isn’t enough to fully compensate the power gap, of course, but it lessens the impact.

Sun Quan Gundam (Fierce Tiger Frame)
Pilot Skills:
Soul of the Three Sovereigns (三侯の魂) – activates at 130 morale, granting damage dealt+10% and damage taken-10%.
Prevail L1
Support Attack L1
Support Defense L2
Guard
All Attack L1
Command L1
Spirit Commands:
Focus
Sense
Mech Features:
Sword
Azure Wall – negates any damage below 3000. Costs 10 EN per use.
10% HP and EN Regen
Squad Bonus: Armor +100, Melee weapons’ power +100 (Armor +150, Melee weapons’ +200, EN +75)
Sun Quan’s voice actor: Nobunaga Shimazaki (other roles: Touya in SRW OGs, Akira in Aquarion Logos, Iok in Gundam IBO and several more)

Sun Quan’s one of the main SD Gundam bots, so of course he’s good. Dodgy, strong, you know the deal; SS size does put him in that same risky position as Heroman, as a 3000 barrier isn’t impossible to pop when everything gets a damage boost against you, but his evasiveness is such that he should be fine (provided you keep an eye on evasion decay).
It should be noted that while his weapons all have decent power, his strongest (for now) is pre-movement, so that might hamper you some if you’re the rush-down type. Also, none of them have the Ignore Size Difference property, so the SD Gundams should be a high priority when you get one of those Skill Parts.
Those nitpicks aside, Sun Quan’s good, an easy fit in any group, and he’ll get a LOT stronger by the time we’re done. Also, Sun Quan’s kill count influences a secret (the greatest one), so that’s another reason to use him.

Our folks are rather far away, so we’ll hitch a ride on the Elshank and hurry on over before Kouichi gets too far.
The Suns are close enough to get to work, though.

: There are humans aboard these massive contraptions? What is going on with this world?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eraObur6g58
“Away! There is no justice in what you are doing!”

Frickin’ kill-stealer!

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: Come and face a CHAMPION OF JUSTICE, villains! I’ll chop you all into sashimi!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDAhGNkbSWg
Saya takes the kill and as things progress…

: (Haah, haah… I’ve managed to make it all the way here. Now I just need to find and grab the Riot!)
: Oh? We bump into each other again.
: Y-You’re…!
: It took me a while, but I finally got it all patched up again. Do try to take things easier next time, if you would.
: Y-You’re not calling the guards on me…?
: I’d wager if I tried stopping you, you’d simply knock me out and go anyway, no?
: And if two events are set to end the same way, I’d much rather take the less painful option.
: And, in any case, I’ve a feeling you’ll come back again.
: …? What do you mean?
: What do I mean? You know the answer to that question better than anyone.
: I do…?

Back outside…

*Beep, boop.*

: Richard, he’s escaped as planned. Now if events unfold just right…
: Understood. We’ll take care of things over here – one way or another.
: Let’s see what you’ll do now, Ensign Berge…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7eoD2tAh10
Carrying on!

Keep killing things and…

: Major, Ensign Berge’s Riot has just left JUDA.
: Did he now? I’d rather not have to shoot down the same machine twice, but…

*By the corner of the map.*

: (I just need to keep heading this way and I’ll be out this airspace… but…)

: Aah?! Enemy reinforcements…!
: “Easy-peasy”… yeah, right! This is some deadly work, drat it!
: (I can make it back if I just carry on… Maj. Graham and Jin are waiting for me!)
: (I can make it back… but!)

*An Arma steps forward.*

: ?! U-Uwaaaaaaah!!
: Crap, Yajima—!

: What…?!

:siren: SRW UX - Future-Bound Fighting Spirit

: It’s…!
: (Hah, he really did come back…)
: Ensign Berge…!
: If you’re going to gun me down, go right ahead…! But, I…!
: I know. You don’t have to say anything. Back us up, Ensign!

Aaay, here’s our boy again – as if this battle wasn’t already stacked enough in our favor.

: (There’s no way I can go back after doing this…)
: (But, even so, I…!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o883F_-xLwM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GThBKYpgvhI
And here are Rennie and Mike’s best non-combined attack.

: My, what a naughty boy you are. You’re really making life difficult here.
: Insolence! I am a proud man of the Sun family… And I do not tolerate injustice when I find it!

: Aw, what a cute little Gundam girl. But you understand that I cannot go easy even then, right?
: Hmph, that’s my line! I won’t show you any mercy!

:siren: SRW UX - Love Survivor

: You better not expect me to go easy on you ‘cause you’re a woman!
: Hmm, spirited boys aren’t my favorite, but I like them well enough.
: Come here, kiddo. I’ve got plenty to teach you.

:siren: SRW UX - Shadows that Rend Darkness

: Now that’s a very sexy voice. Shame we had to find each other on the battlefield!
: It is, isn’t it? Still, I’m afraid you won’t find me where you’re going!

: Are you also after that Machina?
: We are. But, unlike JUDA, trashing it's also A-OK!

: Oh? Now this is strange. What is a prototype of the Federation doing with JUDA?
: I’ll never turn a blind eye to those trying to take the lives of innocents!
: Even if it means losing the home I once knew…!

And if Kouichi took a swing at her:

: This power, the Linebarrel, is mine!
: That toy is too good for you, honey. Hand it over!

She gives us Ishigami's Deluxe Sushi (Evasion and Skill +10, Accuracy +5).

: Tsk... Guess the odds really were stacked against me.
: I suppose this'll have to be it for today. I look forward to seeing you again, Kouichi Hayase.

: (The Katou Organization… Who the hell are they…?)

: All hostile forces confirmed destroyed!
: And with that done…
: Kouichi Hayase, please respond.
: Hm?! Wh-Who are you?!
: I’ll get straight to the point. You, a Factor, and the Machina you pilot, belong to our company. We are here to repossess both.
: Machina? Factor? What’re those?
: Only a person with certain unique characteristics is capable of controlling a Machina… that’s what we call a Factor.
: Heightened physical abilities, a sudden spike in aggressiveness…. Does any of that sound familiar? And, above all, the fact that you are piloting a Machina is ample proof that you're now a Factor.
: You became that Machina’s Factor by accident, after that event three years ago.
: I don’t really get everything you’re saying…
: But, still, I’m not about to let you take this mech. And you’re not changing my mind...

: …!
: I’ve been waiting to have power like this for way too long, see!
: He attacked him…!
: Stand down! This is my job as Head of our forces!
: B-But…!
: Let me ask you one thing, Kouichi Hayase. What will you use this new power of yours for?
: For justice.
: Justice…?
: You heard me. I’ll be a Champion of Justice.
: Huuh?! What are you babbling about?!
: A Champion of Justice isn’t someone who flaunts his power like that, you know!
: She's right. What you’re doing can only be described as brutality, pure and simple.
: That so? Fine, then I'll work that brutality and pound you straight into the dirt!

: Kouichi, you…!
: A middle-schooler can only act like a middle-schooler, I suppose. And in that case…
: It falls on me to teach you what true brutality is like.
: Huh…?!

: U-Uwaaaaaah!

x5

: H-Hey, isn’t that a bit…
: Gaahaaaaaaa!
: S-STOP! You’ll kill him!

x5

: (Aarrgh… I-I’m gonna die…?!)
: Oi, that’s enough. Any more than that and he’ll actually…

: Huh…?! Wh-Whaat?!
: The robot’s regenerating all the damage it took?!
: (That’s the Machina’s self-regeneration… but I’ve never seen one work as fast as this…)

*Beep.*

: Mr. Moritsugu, please halt the operation immediately.
: Why? Weren’t our orders to capture the target?
: Yes, but this is a direct order from the President: return at once.
: The President… Copy that. Retreating.

: Are you sure about this, sir? Just a bit longer and they would have managed to recover the Linebarrel…
: I’ve thought about it and figured letting that boy play around some is more likely to get us new information.
: Besides… it’s more interesting this way.
: Very well. I’ll strengthen our surveillance on him.
: Furthermore, both UX’s escapee and the two mini-Gundams are also being brought in.
: “Mini-Gundams”…? Ah, those.
: They aren’t exactly Gundams as we know them.
: …?
: (Hmhmhm, first the ninja robot and, then, them…)
: (The events needed for the project are happening without a hitch it seems…)

: Kch.. Urgh...
: Ko-Kouichi! You OK?!
: A-Aaah, and I was so close.
: Still, considering how suddenly it all went down, I reckon I did pretty good for my first battle, huh?
: Hmm, and I could eat an ox right about now… I better get back home.

*Off he goes.*

: Kouichi…

: (Hrm… drat it…)
: (GOD drat IT!!)

: First you let me escape, and then you toss me back in the brig? Fickle, aren't we?
: That was a test – and I apologize for it, FYI. But we wanted to know what kind of person you truly are.
: What kind of person...?
: Hm. Twice you manage to get out… and twice you came back. Why is that?
: That’s…
: Because you couldn’t ignore injustice happening right in front of you. Or maybe you felt that you needed to help others. Am I right?
: Way I see it, you’re someone who values human life above all else – even when you know doing so will get you court martialed.
: What are you getting at?
: To be honest, I don’t think being a soldier suits you.
: But you’re still a very good pilot… Do you see what I’m getting at now?
: … Are you telling me to sign up as a merc? To take life in exchange for paycheck?
: That’s for you to decide. As you’re well aware, we’re scumbags in the eyes of society.
: Still, even scumbags have beliefs of their own.
: So I want you to take your time with this. Compare that idea and your own beliefs to one another, and ask yourself: “Do I think that is truly the right thing to do?”
: My beliefs…?
: I’m leaving the door open, alright…?

*Richard leaves.*

: (My beliefs… What I think is truly the right thing to do … That’s…)

: Kouichi!
: Ah?! Oh, it’s you, Risako…
: Hey, now, don’t “Oh, it’s you” me. Did you speak with Yajima yesterday, after school ended?
: I… I was just wondering what Yajima talked to you about…
: Not a whole lot; nothing for you to get all giddy over, at least.
: Huh? N-No, I... I was just…
: Come on, we gotta get to our seats. Class is about to start.
: Hrmm. You’re always avoiding me like the plague…
: Oh, and did you hear? There’s a new student transferring over today.
: A transfer student…?
: Yep… Ah, here she comes.

*Door opens.*

: ? What is it, Kouichi…?
: (I… I know that girl!)
: Hello, everyone. I’m Emi Kizaki and I’m transferring to this school today.
: (I’ve met her before… somewhere!)

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Mar 5, 2019

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'm looking forward to the deep lore behind wacky SD Gundam people. And to them interacting in the mess hall with all the other talking heads.

...Why do I get the feeling I'm going to end up watching SD 3 Kingdoms before the end of this LP?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Oh my loving god, that roadrunner animation :allears:

Is she related to Borot?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

GimmickMan posted:

I'm looking forward to the deep lore behind wacky SD Gundam people. And to them interacting in the mess hall with all the other talking heads.

...Why do I get the feeling I'm going to end up watching SD 3 Kingdoms before the end of this LP?

I feel like I want them in SRW X now, they certainly seem like they'd fit in more than UC Gundam.

They're just so adorable.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

As one might expect, the SD Gundam characters are each based on both a character from Romance of the Three Kingdoms and a UC mobile suit. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I know more about the latter than the former. Sun Quan (or Sonken, using Japanese reading) Gundam is based on the GP-03 Dendrobium Stamen, the core unit of Kou's ride of choice in the latter half of Gundam 0083. Sun Quan, the historical figure, was the Emperor of Wu, one of the eponymous Three Kingdoms. While Cao Cao and Liu Bei did most of the fighting, Wu stayed largely neutral, focusing on his own domestic interests and only getting involved when there was benefit to be had, and as a result, he outlived both of his rivals, though he wound up forced to swear allegiance to Cao Cao's son, Cao Pi, when the latter managed to claim the throne of China.

Sun Shanxiang (or Sonshoukou) Gerbera is based not on the more well-known Gerbera Tetra, but on the GP-04 Gerbera, the final mobile suit of the Gundam Development Project that produced the Gundams of 0083. Production on the Gerbera was cancelled when its design was found to be redundant with the GP01fv, and the incomplete unit was eventually completed as the Gerbera Tetra. Sun Shangxiang was Sun Quan's younger sister, who married Liu Bei, but eventually left him and returned to Wu, and promptly vanished from the pages of history. Notably, she was very wise and shrewd, and Liu Bei was reportedly afraid of her. Given that she took the first chance to bail, one can assume she wasn't a fan of the arrangement.

Also, the scaled upgrade system for weapon damage reminds me of how I'm playing Impact and Shining Gundam is better than God Gundam what the gently caress it's like Banpresto didn't even test their numbers before implementing them.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Brunom1 posted:

: What…?!

You have the same image twice here - I'm guessing, considering numbering and context, that the first is wrong.

quote:

: Hmph, that’s my life! I won’t show you any mercy!

While I have no idea what her life may be (in fact I have no idea about these things period :v:) that's probably meant to be her "line".

quote:

: Kouichi Hayase, please response.

That response should be "respond".

Anyways, hey, Linebarrwhat the gently caress is that. I had to search what I was looking at because I couldn't even tell what these SD Gundams were meant to be based on, although it's pretty neat that siblings are both GP series, even if one's a Gundam that never existed. And she's cute too, plus I can always enjoy a Champion of Justice. I'm still beyond confused and the only thing I can be mostly certain on is that they're probably broken as poo poo considering that SS Size reminds me of the Tekkamen in W.

And the end of the update should make it really clear what the difference is between anime and manga Ishigami. Manga Ishigami is so cool.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hunter Noventa posted:

I feel like I want them in SRW X now, they certainly seem like they'd fit in more than UC Gundam.

They're just so adorable.

This game's direct follow-up was SRW BX. Not only did it feature the Tolkein fantasy style SD Gundams, the original characters mech was basically a non-SD Knight Gundam, complete with a noble personality.

Incidentally, one of my favorite parts of having the SD Gundams around was hinted at in this very update, and I think the actual reveal should be a lot of fun.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Some of the redone portraits for Linebarrel characters (namely Kouichi and Sawatari) are way more deranged than they were in L. It's kinda like the difference between classic and Armageddon Getter and I'm loving it.

Also SD Gundams :neckbeard:

Blaze Dragon posted:

although it's pretty neat that siblings are both GP series, even if one's a Gundam that never existed.

It's worth mentioning that Sun Jian and Sun Ce were the GP-01 and GP-02 respectively. I don't think that's a spoiler, I'm not sure if they appear in this game, I'd be really surprised if they did honestly, considering the history.

And I only realized how stupid that last part was as I was typing it :v:

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Out of interest, what was so bad about the Linebarrels anime? I don't think I've seen a single kind word about it in the thread yet.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
SD Gundam is turning out amazing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm gonna nerd out about the three kingdoms and none of you can stop me.

Wu

Wu's foundation was laid by a man named Sun Jian. Sun Jian was a man of no particular family name from the Wu commandery in Yang province. He got a minor government post and would have probably lived out his life there, but then when he was about 17 he saw some river bandits hassling some merchants, so he went to the shore of the river and started making motions as if he was ordering soldiers around. The bandits got spooked and fled, and a minor army official saw this and recruited him. Sun Jian saw a lot of service during the Yellow Turban Rebellion, as well as Dong Zhou's uprising, and formed a band of loyal followers. However, he died in battle when he was only 36. The buck passed to his nephew, Sun Ben, for a time, before being taken up by his eldest son, Sun Ce. Sun Ce conquered some notable territory and recruited several notable generals, but ultimately was ambushed while hunting and died at only 25 years of age. Due to this, the rule of the territory Sun Ce had conquered passed to

Sun Quan

Sun Quan was Sun Ce's younger brother, and noted as a scholarly but somewhat timid man. After his brother's passing, he wept for days, and even Sun Ce himself said to Sun Quan on his deathbed that 'In warfare and strategy, you are not my equal. In finding able men and calming the people's hearts, I am not your equal,' or thereabouts. Sun Quan outlived all of his rivals and ruled for over 50 years, dying at over 70 years old - outliving his father and brother put together. Wu's strategy of favoring defense and negotiation over offense was probably born of two things

1) Sun Quan's personality.
2) Each of the Three Kingdoms had a legitimate 'claim' to ruling their territory. Wei's argument was that the Han Emperor had legally abdicated the throne to Cao Cao, and thus Cao Cao and his descendants were the legitimate emperors. Shu's argument was that Liu Bei was a distant relative of the Han, and since he was the only member of that bloodline still vying for territory, China belonged to them. Both of these claims justified conquering other parts of China, and indeed, taking trips beyond the border into 'barbarian' lands to expand their empires. Wu, however, argued that the southern Chinese were not only culturally different from the northern Chinese, but ethnically different from them, so it should be its own country with its own separate power. And that's a fine argument for consolidating the south, and defending your territory, but it doesn't really justify expanding your territory. Wu still made occasional excursions, but realistically they just didn't want to rule all of China.

Sun Quan was a fair, evenhanded man who found exceptional talents and boosted them to greatness - Lu Meng was a skilled general who understood things well, but was almost illiterate. Sun Quan encouraged him to expand his mind and read, and Lu Meng went from just another strongman to one of the greatest minds in Wu. But Sun Quan lived a long time, and as he got older, all of his most trusted friends and advisors - his bodyguard Zhou Tai, the aforementioned Lu Meng, and his favored concubine, Lianshi, just to name a few - started to die off, and Sun Quan in his later years was pretty, uh, crazy. "Sending 10000 men to go find actual heaven' levels of crazy. You don't have to paint a broad psychological profile to get the idea the guy was pretty terrified of death, either his own or those of the few trusted friends he still had.

He was so senile (or perhaps just depressed) by the end of his days that he pretty much left running Wu to a bunch of corrupt advisors and bootlickers, and the end result was that when he died Wu got caught up in insane power struggles. It was such a bad place to live by that point that when Wei finally came through and conquered it, the common people were grateful.

It's why a lot of Three Kingdoms adaptations where he's just 'Liu Bei's sidekick' are kind of boring, since Sun Quan's one of the most interesting guys, in a psychological sense, in the entire Three Kingdoms period. He's got a very complicated and sad story.

Sun Shang Xiang
Sadly, not much of her life is recorded, but the bit about her and Liu Bei being married and her not being very fond of the arrangement is pretty accurate. Hilariously, Liu Bei was outright terrified of her - she used to walk around with dozens of armed handmaidens. Some of Liu Bei's advisors were even worried that she was sent by Sun Quan in order to spy on them and start an internal rebellion timed with some attack or another. She left Liu Bei when he made it clear he didn't intend to honor his alliance with Wu forever, and that's all that's written about her in anything that isn't ancient Chinese fanfic.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Quick question to those more knowledgeable than me, how is the Quan pronounced? I've heard it with a Hard Q in some places but with an Sh sound in others.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Out of interest, what was so bad about the Linebarrels anime? I don't think I've seen a single kind word about it in the thread yet.
Basically, the Linebarrels anime is a case study on how a studio can do a decent job at adapting a work and also utterly fail at the adaptation job simultaneously. There are a couple of things that hurt the Linebarrels anime in the long run, but they all boil down to how Studio Gonzo executed the adaptation. The first one is the choice of artist to adapt the manga artwork, Hisashi Hirai. If you're familiar with Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny/Fafner, then you've seen his work. Outside of a select few characters, Hirai really has a limited pool of character designs he uses, almost akin to how Rob Liefeld has his own roster of interchangeable designs that he leans on all the time (except Hirai at least can draw human anatomy, unlike Liefeld). Kazuki and Shinn being almost identical to each other is just the tip of the iceberg, for instance. As a result, Hirai's reputation hurt the anime because of how dull and expressionless his character designs are (no really, Hirai character designs have 4-6 facial expressions max on a good day, and even less on a bad day).

But by far the biggest issue with the Linebarrels anime is how it treats the cast. As mentioned before, anime Kouichi really does take a bunch of cues from Shinji Ikari (minus 80% of Shinji's emotional baggage) until he gets Linebarrel, then he's mostly the same in the manga personality-wise (a giant rear end in a top hat who gets drunk on power and learns to be a better person; this core element of the story is probably where Studio Gonzo is the most faithful to the manga). For everyone else though, there are very noticeable changes between mediums. Ishigami is more of a practical joker and less of the cunning strategist we've seen shades of so far in UX. He has his moments of comedy in the manga, but the anime amplifies them to extreme limits. Another big change is with someone we haven't seen yet in the game, Soubi Nakajima, the Factor of the Machina called Talisman. In the manga (and here in UX eventually), Soubi has one of the most emotional recruitment arcs in the story, serving as a harsh lesson on the price one pays to become a Factor. The anime, on the other hand, jettisons all of Soubi's characterization and makes him into a generic villain. SRW L has a throwaway line that the Katou Organization managed to recruit Soubi before JUDA found him, but that line is not in the anime. Then, the anime goes further and has Soubi be forcibly turned into a Machina-Human (a late-story anime invention), while hoping that the audience feels bad that the villain with no characterization is being turned into a mindless puppet. Why do all of this to one characater? It's never stated, but my personal theory is that Studio Gonzo hoped that people watching the anime had read the manga and knew what was up with Soubi, but then never did anything to hint at that story.

If you've read the SRW L LP, be prepared for a lot of differences with the Linebarrel cast. Hell, we've seen a big change already with Vardant; those big gently caress-off railguns it uses here in UX? Yeah, it doesn't get those railguns until about...40ish% into the manga, well beyond where we are in the LP right now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The anime also doesn't follow the manga's story after a certain point. Even before it it diverges due to heavily different characterization, but once it hits that point it becomes its own story and it's a really bad one. This is obviously in part because the manga was still being published at the point (and the anime had some baffling decisions like taking and using a character that was merely a concept by that point, once the manga gets to her, both versions have nothing in common beyond their name and appearance, even their mecha is totally different despite being meant to be the same) but I can't help but think that there was some conceit in the writers, that they thought that they could do it "better" considering the insane and unexplainable changes in characterization and plot.

Ultimately, they could not do it better in the least bit, and Linebarrels of Iron serves as an example of what an anime adaptation of a manga should never be: unfaithful, bad-looking, and something that undeniably only helped to hurt the reputation of a very good manga. In a lighter yet undeniably fitting note, it's also the only example I can think of a bad anime which had an opening that was just as bad at itself. Search for it if you must, I will not link to it, I consider myself a person with standards of decency (unlike the person behind this LP who happily not only linked to that opening, but tricked us into clicking a link for said opening).

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Alacron posted:

Quick question to those more knowledgeable than me, how is the Quan pronounced? I've heard it with a Hard Q in some places but with an Sh sound in others.

I did some research and according to some audio guides I found, it's apparently "Chwan", or "Ch'uan" in Wade-Giles. Pinyin (the official system of romanization for Chinese) is fairly arbitrary with how it assigns sounds to letters due to differences between Chinese and western phonemes, its main advantage is that because it's arbitrary like that, it also means it's standardized, so any westerner can use Pinyin when learning Chinese to serve as a phonetic script (something Chinese doesn't have). Conversely, Wade-Giles makes pronunciations much clearer for non-speakers, but the phonemes they choose are only really intuitive if you speak English (certain letters and sounds are not pronounced the same between European languages, so while Wade-Giles is accurate to English, it's less accurate if you pronounce it as you would in French or Spanish, as examples). That said, since you do speak English, if a name looks confusing, just look up the Wade-Giles transliteration and you'll get at least a reasonably accurate pronunciation (being Englishmen from the 19th century, one can assume they cut a corner here and there, but it should at least get you close to correct).

Hopefully that clears things up.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I hate the SD Gundam line as a concept, but I really can't be mad about Sangokuden, and you've just met one of the major reasons why. Shangxiang is the best.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

You could've just stopped there. I really, really want to love stuff like Fafner, since it hits so many points for me in theory, it's just... I simply cannot get past the character designs. i was shocked to discover he had a hand in sCRYed, presumably there was more of a mandate to keep the designs in keeping with the original manga (even if the rest of the series was wildly divorced from the original).

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AradoBalanga posted:

Ishigami is more of a practical joker and less of the cunning strategist we've seen shades of so far in UX. He has his moments of comedy in the manga, but the anime amplifies them to extreme limits.

I hope we get to see this. Having neither seen the anime nor read the manga, I'm interested in seeing the differences. So far though, the only hint that I've seen that Ishigami is not a practical joker is that his sushi wasn't being played up for laughs.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

You have the same image twice here - I'm guessing, considering numbering and context, that the first is wrong.

And the end of the update should make it really clear what the difference is between anime and manga Ishigami. Manga Ishigami is so cool.

Actually, the enemy does explode twice - one of the attack, one to actually get dropped. So I just repeated the image. :v:

And while we can only see his face, I can imagine Ishigami was going like this at that point:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Alacron posted:

'Chwan' or 'Chu-an' would be the correct pronunciation, yeah. A lot of western stuff uses a hard Q though, and while it's wrong it's not as wrong as 'Cow Cow' or anything.

With regards to Linebarrels, I don't mind if an adaptation heavily changes the source material - the 90s Sailor Moon anime changes a lot and I think it's better than the manga, for instance - but it has to be done for actual reasons and with a sort of internal consistency. The goal should be to make something that takes advantage of its medium and stands as its own story. The linebarrels anime, uh, doesn't do that.

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Brunom1 posted:

She gives us Ishigami's Deluxe Sushi (Evasion and Skill +10, Accuracy +5).

Wait...but you're not even on the same team!...How?

Juda runs a chain of Sushi-stands, doesn't it?

And oh boy oh boy. I thought that the SD Gundams were going to be the silly comedic relief, but they're played so straight I can't help but smile. I'm looking forward to the inevitable moment they meet other Gundam protagonists. Setsuna is going to be jealous.

Now between the OG debate on whether a soldier following government orders is more just than a mercenary following the money, even if the soldier is told to massacre civilians, and the Linebarrel/SD Gundam debate on what makes one a Champion of Justice, I'm guessing exploring what is just and what isn't is going to be a big running theme throughout the game. The fact that one of the debaters looks like an oversized, googly-eyed toy in the eyes of everyone else just makes it funnier.

Speaking of which, the SD Gundams may be a rare case where the sprite is less deformed than the original model.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

maninthesuit posted:

Wait...but you're not even on the same team!...How?

Juda runs a chain of Sushi-stands, doesn't it?

Look man, Ishigami is not a bad guy. If you want sushi, you get sushi, regardless of how you may personally feel about the Machinae or what side you take in the whole Juda/Katou conflict.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Blaze Dragon posted:

Look man, Ishigami is not a bad guy. If you want sushi, you get sushi, regardless of how you may personally feel about the Machinae or what side you take in the whole Juda/Katou conflict.

I'd take Ishigami's sushi over "Hazard's Favorite Athlete's Foot Medicine" any day. I'd ask what the hell that's even about but I don't think I want to know.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Simon The Digger posted:

I'd take Ishigami's sushi over "Hazard's Favorite Athlete's Foot Medicine" any day. I'd ask what the hell that's even about but I don't think I want to know.

Maybe he picked up John Madden's lapsed endorsement deal for Tough Actin' Tinactin! He seems like a bit of a sellout, so it would make sense.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

EclecticTastes posted:

Hopefully that clears things up.

:hai: And then some.

Endorph posted:

'Chwan' or 'Chu-an' would be the correct pronunciation, yeah. A lot of western stuff uses a hard Q though, and while it's wrong it's not as wrong as 'Cow Cow' or anything.

True, but it did lead to Dynasty Warriors voice actors trying their damnedest to make Cow Pee sound like a respectable name. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

Endorph posted:

This amused me because a closer pronunciation of it in English would be Sow Sow, so you just swapped it for a different farmyard animal.