Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

GodofDiscord posted:

Wow, I did not realize that you were going to start so soon Brunom. Like, how do you do it man? Not that I'm complaining of course, I've no doubt that this will be an excellent LP!!!
Also I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, sans the Destiny Folk and maaaaaaaaybe the Fafner cast (they all look the same to me), so this is going to be an experience with names like The Boom Army, Burn Burnings and whatever the tiny gundams names are.
I'm seriously going: "What is going on!?" throughout the entire prologue.

Strap in because Dunbine has the highest density of weird Tomino names conceivable. (The prologue failed to illustrate that the redhead there is named Marvel Frozen.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

At this point, frankly, the ninjas are mundane.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The idea that they take loyalty into account to choose characters is pretty hilarious when you remember Original Generation, where characters betray their side and join you so often that the game itself recognizes it and jokes about it.

In the first game.

Popularity sure is a weird thing.

I'm not gonna comment on the whole loyalty culture thing because there's probably some bullshit there, but all the OG characters that join you from the bad guy side were largely protagonist options in earlier, 'proper' SRWs that got assigned to that side in the OGverse to make some plot. Elzam, I think, is the only exception because he was invented for OG. It's not until OGs2 where this starts spiraling in a crazy way, but even then that's just follow-up from the whole "second-to-last boss joins you for last stage based on secret," e.g. Ingram, Shu, Mekibos, Alfimi. Because if you have a game set after that last stage, why not carry over the last-stage recruit?

And hey, even those characters are already set up to be either the good people in a bad organization or more self-interested than an actual villain, so that it makes sense when they flip.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 5, 2018

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

You can take the SRW away from Gundam Wing but you can’t take the Wufei out of the SRW

e: but really did i miss something? What did Joe concretely do that set off all the princess’s bodyguards, it’s not like he was super played up like that much better of a pilot than them.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Onmi posted:

Ylbora can't pilot the ninjabots.

Oh duh. I don’t know why I tuned the Tobikage plot out specifically, especially because it’s pretty neat as far as the token old super robot series goes.