Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OvermanXAN
Nov 14, 2014
This, BX, and D are the SRWs I'm most interested in knowing more about, so I'm glad to see you doing this, Brunom. This is also one of my favorite series lists, with Fafner and Manga Linebarrel being some of the standouts. I look forward to seeing how Fafner interacts with the 00 Movie, because they have a lot of obvious similarities that one can spot but go in very different directions (and for my money Fafner handles things a lot more intelligently than Trailblazer in just about every way. Mind, I'd also say it it handles a lot of the same concepts as Evangelion better than Evangelion does, so I may just be massively biased in favor of Fafner.)

I also like the experimentation they do with unlocks in this and BX, where here they have unlocks carry over between playthroughs and BX having every unlock with alternate requirements if you don't take the route they're associated with, meaning you can get everything on a single run.

That said, yeah, the animations in this vary wildly between really good and rather janky, and the soundtrack can sound a bit weird (though the music choices themselves are all excellent).

On the subject of the stuff you've actually covered, aside from the amazing visual gag of having Shinn and Kazuki debut on the same stage (which I refuse to believe was anything other than intentional), I really like how we're having the series interacting with each other really heavily from the word go, and I like that Cagalli is being well treated. I assume it will be explained why Athrun doing his best A CHAR impression again despite Destiny's plot apparently having already occured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU