Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Alacron posted:

oh my god :allears:

Also it seriously took me until they actually started name dropping Fafner to realize that they weren't Gundam SEED characters I just forgot about.

When we were discussing thread titles, one idea floated was Super Robot Wars UX: Half the cast is Hirai faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Regarding Dunbine names, I've been watching New Story of Aura Battler Dunbine, a 3-episode OVA that the Sirbine comes from, and I found a real gem in it. Here's the narrative I gave for it when I saw it:

quote:

so in this oav
shot weapon is some kind of lich condemned to eternal life or something
he's been behind the scenes building aura battlers and poo poo
and high tech stuff
a reincarnation of the Black Knight is leading the bad guys with his backing
and he just got Princess Remul (a reincarnation of Princess Rimul) to agree to marry him in exchange for not killing Shion (reincarnation of Sho)
his men were about to do it anyway behind Remul's back
when suddenly they got arrows embedded in their chests and necks
the source
was two hovering crossbows in front of mr. lich
....shot weapons

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Thanks for the save file! Could I suggest putting that in the OP?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Just chiming in to say great job Brunom1! You have an incredible amount of dedication and energy, and it's definitely not unappreciated.

Brunom1 is the kind of translator who will not rest until he has a satisfying reasoning behind every single statement, no matter how vague or cryptic, and it served him well in this game.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

SirSystemError posted:

What kind of evils are we talking about here? Unfamiliar with Impact, beyond knowing it's very long, has some annoying SR points, and Tobikage comes in during events in stages rather than if one of the series units gets weak turning said stages into mad scrambles to save your cash and kills. Anything else?

The only skill advancement you get in Impact is via low turn count stage clears. Half the game is squeezing blood from a rock trying to get a stage done in 5 turns so you can give someone Concentrate. The stages with forced turn 6 reinforcements are kind of a relief, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

Oh, and if you've done everything correctly and unlock the final stage,

lol I had no idea about that actually

But here's one more if you don't believe us.

Valor stacks with crits.

That's right. If you want to eke out that last bit of damage for a kill on a boss that runs away, I hope you're ready to keep reloading for two crits (main and support attack).

I keep bugging my game hacker to dump me an Impact script to at least produce a script file to post somewhere, but he keeps refusing on moral grounds. I can't imagine why. :v: