Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't want to clog up the gaming goals thread with this side discussion, so i'll ask here:
what are some good .wad packs for doom 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scythe - cool and fast paced and fun mega wad with a good difficulty curve.

ancient aliens - impressive total conversion kind of hard tho. maybe try it on hurt me plenty.

sunlust - aslo ver cool from a few years ago but again very difficult don't try it on ultra violence unless u are a true doom pro.

a bunch more but i don't remember atm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
nice, thanks lyle. scythe looks cool, so i'm going to try that first.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scythe is good and pretty beginner friendly. some of the other megawads expect you to know more about how damage works in the doom engine and monster in fighting and stuff that might not be obvious if you aren't super familiar with the base games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/

sorting by top rated is a good way to find stuff too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the doom modding community is probably the only place i know of online where people actually rate stuff in a sensible manner

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

the doom modding community is probably the only place i know of online where people actually rate stuff in a sensible manner

ya

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The uninstall .wad. Lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pewdiepie posted:

The uninstall .wad. Lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
scythe is really fun. it's cool that the levels are so short and self-contained.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
The only correct answer is HDoom.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Check out Brutal Doom, or any wad by my boy RebDoomer.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

:buddy:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Check out Doom II: Hell on Earth OP.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Going Down

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Brutal Doom. 'Nuff said.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Check out Brutal Doom, or any wad by my boy RebDoomer.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

The uninstall .wad. Lol.

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*is sucked into a vortex and appears in my 11th grade Basic Computing class* Have you tried the .wad that uninstalls the game lmfao. I'm a dead gay son! PC Owns. Gaystation. Xbox the third.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

*is sucked into a vortex and appears in my 11th grade Basic Computing class* Have you tried the .wad that uninstalls the game lmfao. I'm a dead gay son! PC Owns. Gaystation. Xbox the third.

please hammer don't hurt em

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm just being nostalgic. Pewdiepie knows he's my boy.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/g-i/impzone

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/g-i/impzone2

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
6fiffy4.wad

http://games.moria.org.uk/doom/du/reviews/6fiffy4.html

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Brutal Doom's the one made by some hosed up Brazilian weirdo that includes actual dead people pictures in the gore gibs right? Sounds epic as hell. Definitely listen to the people who are recommending that one.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cobalt Viper posted:

Brutal Doom's the one made by some hosed up Brazilian weirdo that includes actual dead people pictures in the gore gibs right? Sounds epic as hell. Definitely listen to the people who are recommending that one.
it adds extremely important modern features like iron sights, reloading, vehicles and melee takedowns. i don 't know how anyone ever played doom without it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it adds extremely important modern features like iron sights, reloading, vehicles and melee takedowns. i don 't know how anyone ever played doom without it

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

dont forget a.taunt button where you flip demons off and tell them to go gently caress themselves (voice acting by a something awful forums goon!)

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
http://doom.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sky_May_Be

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
http://www.doomwadstation.net/main/d2super.html this one

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
https://youtu.be/ZYjdkFDt0Ic?t=1m40s

Fartlancer fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 21, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tbf the original doom graphics were also based off of real gore. Adrian carmack was working part time as a clerk at a hospital and would scan and trace wound photos to make sprites

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Awesome.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

badass

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

That's what I said.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

Achoo!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress YouTube removed the laugh factory doom 2 mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

In Training posted:

tbf the original doom graphics were also based off of real gore. Adrian carmack was working part time as a clerk at a hospital and would scan and trace wound photos to make sprites

One of the hanging corpses is based off a photo of dead mussolini and his mistress.

• Locked thread