Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I've wanted to make cheese for years now and I finally made some ricotta this week. I was so happy. It's not the most difficult of cheeses, but I finally made something. Also made some sour cream maybe. Turned it all into some delicious blintzes.
I'm going to try to make some more cheeses soon. Hopefully I can get the stuff I need here.
My kitchen is so small. :'(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I started making some more cheeses now that I have access to a cheese fridge. :toot:
I've got an Emmentaler going, and I want to get more cheeses going, but only now do I realize they don't all want the same temperatures.
I suspect it's fine, especially because the controller I have for the fridge seems to vary by a couple degrees all the time anyway, but if a recipe calls for 10°C for a few weeks, and I put it in the fridge at 13°C, will that be a problem?
And what about humidity? Whenever I check, it seems to be +/- 20% from my goal. Am I just bad at this? Haha.
What will happen to my cheeses if I stray a bit outside the recipe for temperature and humidity? Do I need to adjust the times for that or is it not so precise?