Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Catfish Noodlin
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I made my first attempt at making cheese last week and made some Queijo Fresco(a Portuguese fresh cheese) but I was a coward and hardly ate any because I used raw milk.

Does anyone have any advice on this? The only local sources of "fresh" milk are sold at the local farmers market, and due to regulation sold as "pet food" under what I assume is a wink-nudge plausible deniability. Should I just deal with it, or is there some secret to finding "fresh" pasteurized milk in an urban environment(South Florida?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catfish Noodlin
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Thanks for the responses. I think in general circumstances are going to result in me using grocery store milk to at least practice on in the short term, as it doesn't seem like I have a lot of other good intermediate options.

Is there any specific recipes you guys would recommend for making something a little bit more complex then a white, fresh cheese? Or does getting into harder cheeses or age cheeses something I should wait a little longer on?