Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Let's say that I was making a sandwich with

1.Banana Peach Ice Cream Bread
2.Shredded Pork Tenderloin, tossed in a little bit of brown BBQ sauce
3.Caramelized Onions

All of which is pretty sweet. What's a good cheese to put on this sandwich to balance out all the sweet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

tonberrytoby posted:

Probably something intense with medium saltiness to contrast the sweetness and a hard texture to go against the mushiness of the other ingredients. Last time I made something remotely similar I went for a Kristallkäse, that is a especially crunchy Le Gruyère.
If it was sliced meat instead of shredded, I would go for an intense camembert or brie variation. I prefer Le grande rustique here, or Le Delice.

I might also try a Gudbrandsdalsost, or other brown cheese, to go along with the sweetness instead of counteracting it. But it will probably more of a gimmick.

It mostly depends what is sold in your area, cheese is more regional then you think.

Groovy, I'll look for those. I know that I can get my hands on some nice aged gouda or manchego here in Austin, TX-- would those work, or are they not intense enough?