Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«105 »
How much money do you spend on this game?
Thar she blows ($300/mo.)
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.)
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.)
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.)
View Results
jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Man it’s annoying when half the objectives in these story events just decide not to pop. I selected the limit burst and watched as it went off, which apparently wasn’t good enough to count as using a limit burst. That was the third objective in three stages it didn’t give me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arisu
Apr 11, 2003

jaclynhyde posted:

Man it’s annoying when half the objectives in these story events just decide not to pop. I selected the limit burst and watched as it went off, which apparently wasn’t good enough to count as using a limit burst. That was the third objective in three stages it didn’t give me.

For these I only use stuff with long animation now. LB Kill? Bring Cloud or Olive. Magic kill? Bring a dual cast Ultima (or Holy, or Alterna) user. Doesn't matter if they're weak, as long as the animation is long it'll get last hit and you'll get the objective.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

...as much revenge as any man could possibly take.

Ugato posted:

Saving this one and the 5* guaranteed ticket to be disappointed when cg Nichol comes out. Plus I’ve had a pretty garbage streak of the last 20-30 tickets/dailies/free pulls being stuff I don’t even care about smooshing. Gonna try to wait for my luck to improve a little.

Also saving this but I'm still saving until the day 7* arrives. Hopefully the day they also gift us all a UoC ticket to calm the storm of rage that will explode onto the GE forums from people who don't follow the JP game.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I guess we’re getting Ramuh and Shiva 3* this week, since we’re getting the new supercite mission. I really hope they’re not making the reward worse. I’m still a long way from maxing out either Siren or Ifrit and I can’t seem to get great rewards to proc off that mission for the life of me.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://lapis-prod-staticnews-gumi-...xpedEarly2.html

The instructions about “ending” your existing Supercite Expeditions is vague and cryptic. I plan to keep mine going even if it wastes gold or tents or whatever.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

arisu posted:

For these I only use stuff with long animation now. LB Kill? Bring Cloud or Olive. Magic kill? Bring a dual cast Ultima (or Holy, or Alterna) user. Doesn't matter if they're weak, as long as the animation is long it'll get last hit and you'll get the objective.

It's not even the kill with a limit burst objectives (which are also the worst), it's the ones like “use a limit burst” and “use magic twice.” Guess I should just do them extra times to be safe.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonturtle posted:

There is still a little bit of RNG in the fight in that if the bird crits the Veritas of Heavens 4 times in a row he can die but beyond that all you need to do is just use his reraise ability every turn (can use repeat after the first one) and he'll just counter the bird to death.

Oh and just pop off Ifrit when the bird is at around 3-6% and it'll clear him and the rest while getting you the Ifrit clear.

Everyone died in the opening attack, and I didn't get an option to continue.

jaclynhyde posted:

It's not even the kill with a limit burst objectives (which are also the worst), it's the ones like “use a limit burst” and “use magic twice.” Guess I should just do them extra times to be safe.

Yup. The game is poo poo about that, so when those show up, I use magic on every single battle, and LBs ever single time I have one up.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Dragonturtle posted:

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Done and done, along with all of the challenges in one go. Thanks!

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN/status/998926454619496454

So... does this mean you get a free Ticket for every 55,000 Lapis you spend on a banner?

arisu
Apr 11, 2003

Sounds more like they'll give you a free ticket if you do a 10+1

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Kheldarn posted:

Everyone died in the opening attack, and I didn't get an option to continue.

Yup. The game is poo poo about that, so when those show up, I use magic on every single battle, and LBs ever single time I have one up.

The bird is kind of iffy about doing that sometimes during the preemptive attack. I can leave VoH up for the next few days so you can take a couple cracks at the bird with him and your party.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

...as much revenge as any man could possibly take.

Ugato posted:

I guess we’re getting Ramuh and Shiva 3* this week, since we’re getting the new supercite mission. I really hope they’re not making the reward worse. I’m still a long way from maxing out either Siren or Ifrit and I can’t seem to get great rewards to proc off that mission for the life of me.

Seriously. There is no reason to reduce the rewards. I've hit them every time they're up and I've just gotten plant killer with ifrit and have 100 of each still banked for use on the new ones but I know that's a drop in the pool for how much you need to max them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007
KDdidn't

Grimey Drawer

I often screw up magic missions when I use fire. I cast it on the first wave and it works, but if I hit repeat and everything dies quickly, since the fire animation takes longer, it doesn’t register. I try to remember to individually cast it before I hit repeat with the other units, but I forget.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Just now learned that escape works for these story missions. Makes getting through them so much faster.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

2 tries, 2 deaths. This time, due to:

Dragonturtle posted:

There is still a little bit of RNG in the fight in that if the bird crits the Veritas of Heavens 4 times in a row he can die but beyond that all you need to do is just use his reraise ability every turn (can use repeat after the first one) and he'll just counter the bird to death.

Dragonturtle posted:

The bird is kind of iffy about doing that sometimes during the preemptive attack. I can leave VoH up for the next few days so you can take a couple cracks at the bird with him and your party.

Thank you. I hope I can get this one of these times...

Sheik90
Nov 26, 2010

Dragonturtle posted:

I have a solo carry for Ice Bird ELT up as my friend unit if you've not cleared it yet. Add me at 752, 568, 277 if you still need it.

All you need to do is use his Reraise from the ankh over and over again for every turn as he counters the bird to death.

Took a few tries but I managed to do it, thanks alot.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Does anyone know if Doublehand from Sephiroths TMR masamune stacks with Bartz Doublehand TMR trait ? Bartz's specifically states it doesnt stack but I dont think the Masamune's does.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 26, 2007

"Doesn't stack" for equipment/materia usually means you can't equip multiples of it. So you can't equip multiple Doublehand materias but you can equip one and get the doublehand bonus from other sources like gear like the Masamune or Olive's TMR gun.

e: another example would be killers. You can't equip multiple X-Killer materia but you can equip a X-Killer and a X-Killer+ or get additional killers from a character's innate abilities, equipment, or espers and they all stack to the +300% cap.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

3rd time's the charm, right? Wrong. Got Ice Birb to 45%, and then died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

Scrublord Prime posted:

"Doesn't stack" for equipment/materia usually means you can't equip multiples of it. So you can't equip multiple Doublehand materias but you can equip one and get the doublehand bonus from other sources like gear like the Masamune or Olive's TMR gun.

e: another example would be killers. You can't equip multiple X-Killer materia but you can equip a X-Killer and a X-Killer+ or get additional killers from a character's innate abilities, equipment, or espers and they all stack to the +300% cap.

So then, whats considered ideal setup for Sephiroth? I assume his TMR sword, one doublehand materia, a katana mastery materia, then the usual like VoE's TMR and deamon mail ... what else?

«105 »