Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
30% Ticket was Ayaka!! :woop:

Burnt a handful of other tickets but no other 5*. Still ecstatic with that result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
10+1 ticket got me Knight Delita #3. Oh well.

30% ticket got me CG Nichol.

Did 15 tickets and 5 4*+ and get no Lexa’s, so that’s a shame, but dailies could still pull through.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This game decided to troll me a little bit more. Blew the 4 ex tickets I had, 3x 5 star tickets and 1 blue ex ticket I had, the blue went rainbow for Dark Knight Cecil, the others were Barb, CG Jake, and Delita.

The gods of the Gacha are raining poo poo on me today.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Had quite a stash hoarded up so here we go!

Charie
Charie
Sarah
Gilbert
Rikku
Rasler
Luka
Olivia
Elbis
Cecil
Kupipi
Lexa
Werei
Werei
Larsa
Bartz
Ramza #2
Hayate
Ryunan
Sazh
Miyuki
Fang
Cor
Charie
Yang
Merald
Exdeath
Refia
Kamui
Charie
Helena
King
Veritas of the Waters
Mustadio
Krile
Maria
Sabin
Ludmille
Shera
Hayate
Abel
Rasler
Shadow
Galuf
Kupipi
Fang
Merald
Garnet
Miyuki
Ruggles
Tellah
Lexa
Lenna
Amy
Russel
Gau
Vaan
Camille
Bartz
Charie
And Nichol

65 summons and 2 rainbows is almost exactly on average, so I can't complain too much there. Now the real question is...do I go for a 2nd Nichol? :v:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I stopped at 71 tickets because it wasn't looking great. I at least got 1 Nichol out of it - my only rainbow at all, on pull 55.

Final tally:

Tickets:

On-banner
CG Nichol
Lexa x7
Elbis
Merald x5

Blues
Cherie x7
Sazh x3
Ruggles x2
Cecil x2
Libertus x2
Ovelia x2
Gau x2
Krile x2
Firion
Trey
Medius
Kefka
Black Waltz
Vaan
Golbez
Larsa
Hayate
Lani
Jean
Elle
Kain
Kupipi
Locke
Aiden
Tellah
Charlotte
Edgar
Artemios
Lenna
Sice
Chloe

Golds
Sylvia
Glauca
Sozhe
Cagnazzo
Cedona
Xon
Snow
Aira
Shine
Mystea
Aura
Amelia
Ilias

I got 100% total in ALL trust moogles because apparently 4* tickets are really good on this banner. 5* unit TMR Moogles:

Aurora Scarf x3
Elf's Bow x2
Clan Master's Headband
SSP-Light*
SSP-Dark*
Stoss Spear*
Grand Armor*
Fry's Needle*
Dragoon's Pride*
Arcturus*

* - already have (at least) one copy of the TMR and don't have someone to cram these in to.

Oh right. 10+1 ticket:

30% ticket was this:

Ugato fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jun 15, 2018

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
CG Nichol banner
30% Alma
4* Elvis
Kuja
CG Nichol

Kings Knight (chasing Kaliva)
Toby (immediately 100% trust)
Noctis #2

I guess i am kinda done pulling at least for today. 2 rainbows with in 2 minutes makes me think I have shot my wad. That said, I am going to start employing my age old tactic from now on to get good units. I will now buy all the cactuars from a King Mog event and throw them at trash units the day before a big pull release.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Using 4* tickets now and getting very high 10% all rate - 5 in a row

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Got Nichol in about 10 regular tickets. More importantly, my 70% Bedile ticket was, in fact, Bedile. I almost missed the guy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Acelerion posted:

Using 4* tickets now and getting very high 10% all rate - 5 in a row

Despite burning my stock of lapis and tickets I haven't actually whaled on Lapis itself. Which I think I gotta do as all these Moogle alone kind of make it worth while to drop 4 more 5k pulls.

I guess I should wait to see what kind of anniversary packages are available next week since the banner will be up for a while.

Disheartening not to get at least 1 CG Nichol because I'd been holding off on all these 10-man trials waiting for him after finding that bards were such liabilities in them.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Huh TIL that if you TM master during a story event, it skips the animation/special text screen.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I threw like 3 tickets at the drive banner yesterday trying to to fish out a second kydia, instead I pulled my 4th T.Terra.

Do I really need to pull on the xenogears banner when I can field 2 7* t.terras?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

30‰ ticket was Tidus #3

My 30% ticket was Tidus #2. :hfive:

I guess this means I can make a 7* Tidus for TDH and maybe FD shenanigans at some point in the future. Tidus has me covered for physical chains, TTerra for magic chains, and Fryevia for hybrid chains. Only 7* healer atm is still just Rem and no 7* tank or support though. No 5* base magic cover tank either (got Mystera and Shylt though), so maybe my first UoC, if/when we get them, will be a 2nd Wilhelm or maybe even a first Basch or something.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Got CG Nichol on my first whale 5k pull and Sephiroth #2 on the second.

Then I remembered I had a couple 10+1 tickets too, rainbow there gave me Tidus #4.

I'm good now.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Just went 179 pulls with 1 rainbow - aranea

180th was nichol

Ancillary Character
Jul 25, 2007
Going about life as if I were a third-tier ancillary character
My 30% ticket was Barb #3, why did it have to be off-banner. I don't even know if I should be looking forward to a possible STMR because she's Global exclusive.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

10+1 started on a high note with tgc #4 and flame veritas #2 (meh). Then....105 tickets, including 3 10%, and 15 4* till 1 rainbow. At least it was Nichol. Probably not going for #2, for now...

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Nichol has eluded me for the moment.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I've been saving up for this, and hoping I do better than PBJ.

5 10% tickets: Fohlen
30 4* tickets: Nichol(!), Dark Fina
57 regular tickets: Sephiroth, Nichol(!!)

I still have 50 tickets left, but I think I'm good. Now I just have to sort out all these moogles.

Edit: 20 10% and 12 5% jesus christ the trust rewards I can get now

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

dragoons have always and will always suck. fighting them sucks, using them in your own party sucks, I just have to say I hate Kain namaste.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

new kind of cat posted:

dragoons have always and will always suck. fighting them sucks, using them in your own party sucks, I just have to say I hate Kain namaste.

Reberta does not suck, she is cool and good and does the most damage as a solo attacker.

Otherwise, totally agree. Gonna have to go back to finish off Kain again for the limit burst mission.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Voodoo posted:

Huh TIL that if you TM master during a story event, it skips the animation/special text screen.

You only get those if you use a moogle, it's weird.

A Big Dark Yak
Dec 28, 2007
It's only the end of the world.

ahahaha, ticketpalooza was generous with the CG units so now, thanks to this morning's pulls, I can make a 7* Nameless Gunner Jake.

What is this game?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

155 tickets
25 gold tickets
4 90% Bedile tickets
1 70% Bedile ticket
2 Rage 11 pulls

Kid Rydia
Ayaka
Rem
Yuna
Beatrix
And one CG Nichol

Not bad, but I really wanted a second one. Guess I’ll need to use a UOC ticket for it.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I think I’m going to wait until we have more data on the JC banner comes out to burn the rest of my allotment fishing for Nichol #2. It looks like that 4* TMR is a straight upgrade machine killer. At the very least it’s unique machine killer that stacks with machine killer.

It doesn’t sound like Rico is going to chain with anyone but himself - I assume Dah Sol would have mentioned something like that. And his TMR seems equally uninteresting.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Man I wanna join in on the fun but it's tough to commit with

Roy
2 Ramza
2 Zargabaath
4 Lunera

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
i used both my tickets and got the blues

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Two tix got me nichol
250 pull got me Fohlen

The rest of my pulls were poo poo

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Did about 20 tickets and managed my first Tidus. Not bad.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Someone tell me why this won't allow me to keep Nichol's LB up pretty much all the time?

Maritime Strategist Nichol 6★
Right hand: Override ATK+50
Left hand: Aigaion Arm ATK+145
Head: Magical Top Hat MP+45, MAG+25
Body: Strategic Cape MP+20%, DEF+40, MAG+52, SPR+38
Accessory 1: Mystical Skull DEF+3, SPR+3
Accessory 2: Prodigy's Goggles DEF+15, SPR+15
Materia 1: Pure White Blessing
Materia 2: Use Grappling Weapons
Materia 3: Dual Wield
Materia 4: Thirst for Survival HP+30%, SPR+30%
Esper: Shiva HP+93, MP+105, ATK+58, DEF+61, MAG+100, SPR+98
Total: HP:5074, MP:632, ATK:392, DEF:270, MAG:357, SPR:422

In my mind, I should be able to LB > Damage Reduction > Mana Battery > Repeat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Ghostnuke posted:

Someone tell me why this won't allow me to keep Nichol's LB up pretty much all the time?

RNG. He has a huge LB pool and no innate +% lb. It's pretty reasonable though on a 3 turn cycle - not 2. I read dr/mana battery together for some reason - use his atk/mag buff because it's +150% LB to the team. Critical for guaranteeing that poo poo is up always.

The 3 turn cycle should keep the greediest mana hog units afloat. I'd do LB > DR (resists if there's a relevant elemnt instead)/LB fill (the 110% mag or atk buff, doesn't really matter which) > mp/mp or mp/dr if you used the resist > LB again

Ugato fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 15, 2018

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Ugato posted:

RNG. He has a huge LB pool and no innate +% lb. It's pretty reasonable though on a 3 turn cycle - not 2.

The 3 turn cycle should keep the greediest mana hog units afloat. I'd do LB > DR (resists if there's a relevant elemnt instead)/LB fill (the 110% mag or atk buff, doesn't really matter which) > mp/mp or mp/dr if you used the resist > LB again

The two fists and skull give him 250% generation. That plus the 5 extra crystals per round should get me pretty close if not right on.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Ghostnuke posted:

I opted for the auto generation myself, I'm at 10/per turn and debating if the extra 2 is worth it. Went Thirst like you did but kind of want to slot in another HP 30%.

JP people, are there any more bosses/Trials like the Robot where it's hard to generate crystals?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Maybe a stupid question, but if you get a specific trust moogle up to 100%, does it give you the TM reward, or do you have to apply it to the character?

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
You need the character to get the TM

Woo I killed Kain with fixed dice Ang... Couldn't one shot him but I survived long enough for a second LB to kill him

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
You also need the actual dude to fuse the moogle into.

There's some potential exception that just launched in Japan, but consider it a year away for sanity's sake.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

That’s what I figured. Thanks guys!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Ghostnuke posted:

The two fists and skull give him 250% generation. That plus the 5 extra crystals per round should get me pretty close if not right on.

You need 11 drops to go to Nichol and by adding 5 LC gen / turn you only negate the need for 3 LC over 3 turns. Meaning you need a total of 9 drops to go to him.

Rikku had less than half that requirement - 16 LC base - with 100% innate lb gen. It was entirely possible to get rng screwed on LCs even only needing 4.

I’m not saying the Nichol plan won’t work out most of the time. But getting 8 over 3 turns versus 5 over 3 turns - the latter is far more reliable. Plus it gives the second* biggest +% LB buff in the game to your entire party, also.

* forgot pouch was freaking 200%

I keep doing 2 and I don’t know why I’m stuck on it. Basically the +% lb buff is the same contribution as your 3 lb gen pieces of equipment. So if you think your LB Gen is overkill then drop the stat-less stuff for things with stats on them.

Ugato fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 15, 2018

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
huh i don't get how not to get killed by kain. tried with wilhelm and basch but they get shredded...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Welp, did a multi-summon on CG Nichol and dropped a 10+1 ticket.

I ended up with Cloud, Ramza, Zidane, an CG... Jake.

I’ll take it, I guess.

Any of them worth dumping pots on? I have so many pots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
If you're not going evade build, I think you need ice and dark resist on your provoke tank (and probably on your other dudes too). He dispels every 3 turns so bar- buffs are not enough.

• Locked thread