Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Ugato posted:

You need 11 drops to go to Nichol and by adding 5 LC gen / turn you only negate the need for 3 LC over 3 turns. Meaning you need a total of 9 drops to go to him.

Rikku had less than half that requirement - 16 LC base - with 100% innate lb gen. It was entirely possible to get rng screwed on LCs even only needing 4.

I’m not saying the Nichol plan won’t work out most of the time. But getting 8 over 3 turns versus 5 over 3 turns - the latter is far more reliable. Plus it gives the second* biggest +% LB buff in the game to your entire party, also.

* forgot pouch was freaking 200%

I keep doing 2 and I don’t know why I’m stuck on it. Basically the +% lb buff is the same contribution as your 3 lb gen pieces of equipment. So if you think your LB Gen is overkill then drop the stat-less stuff for things with stats on them.

Also that build has 5k HP and is going to die to a stiff wind.
On the other hand, if you're feeling lucky, the rare item world ability on daggers is High Tide (100%), so a Bowie Knife or Ulric's Kukri is very well suited to him. Or both if you're feeling lucky (or like whaling)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Ghostnuke posted:

Someone tell me why this won't allow me to keep Nichol's LB up pretty much all the time?

Maritime Strategist Nichol 6★
Right hand: Override ATK+50
Left hand: Aigaion Arm ATK+145
Head: Magical Top Hat MP+45, MAG+25
Body: Strategic Cape MP+20%, DEF+40, MAG+52, SPR+38
Accessory 1: Mystical Skull DEF+3, SPR+3
Accessory 2: Prodigy's Goggles DEF+15, SPR+15
Materia 1: Pure White Blessing
Materia 2: Use Grappling Weapons
Materia 3: Dual Wield
Materia 4: Thirst for Survival HP+30%, SPR+30%
Esper: Shiva HP+93, MP+105, ATK+58, DEF+61, MAG+100, SPR+98
Total: HP:5074, MP:632, ATK:392, DEF:270, MAG:357, SPR:422

In my mind, I should be able to LB > Damage Reduction > Mana Battery > Repeat.

The problem I have with the build is, I don’t know if I could sacrifice the damage added with Aigaion arm on my heavy damage unit. It’s a staple on Aileen and OK for me + the Mastery

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

huh i don't get how not to get killed by kain. tried with wilhelm and basch but they get shredded...

Is Wilhelm built for 100% Evade?

Would you like me to put up my 100% Evade WoL?

Trilin posted:

Also that build has 5k HP and is going to die to a stiff wind.
On the other hand, if you're feeling lucky, the rare item world ability on daggers is High Tide (100%), so a Bowie Knife or Ulric's Kukri is very well suited to him. Or both if you're feeling lucky (or like whaling)

How does that item world stuff work, anyway?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You get raid orbs and use them to delve deeper into your item (on a rotational basis by type), every level you go through gives you 3 mods to choose from, higher the level floor the greater the chance a rare mod will pop up. You can have 3 mods total on a weapon.

It also accumulates points like a raid so you get tickets, moogles, pots and TMR from 3* units

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Threw my 70% bedile ticket at MS nic's banner,

If anyone needs an evade provoke tank, I have a full evade Noctis with 4 sources of manslayer as my friend unit right now.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The way I'm seeing it is that global is going to loving destroy us with a constant rotation of things that use orbs back to back. If we aren't doing a raid its going to be item world, and if its not that its going to be the new more competitive arena.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Daily Half? gently caress YOU! YOU GET EDWARD #4!

30% Ticket? gently caress YOU! YOU GET MERALD!

4 4* Tickets? Yang #2, Refia #5, Gaffgarion #13, Lexa #1

22 Tickets? All blue garbage, except CG Sakura #2 and Vayne #1.

11 Pull The First
Lexa #2
Cinque #13
Edgar #22
Lani #13
Penelo #14
Sice #8
Golbez #18
Merald #4
Russell #LOL YOU LOSER!
Charie #5
Beach Time Fina #8

11 Pull The Second
Maritime Strategist Nichol #1
Ryunan #5
Penelo #15
Guromu #8
Merald #5
Yuri #10
Fran #14
Merald #6
Charie #6
BEDILED!
Guy #18

One final 11 Pull, hopeing for a 2nd CG Nick
Lexa #3
Dark Knight Cecil #3
Tellah #12
Sice #9
Guy #19
Sara #13
Cloud Of Darkness #11
Cloud Of Darkness #12
Warrior Of Light #10
Erwin #3
Charie #7

This game loves to dump garbage on me. But at least I got a CG Nick, and a 2nd CG Sak.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, Jiraiya's headband allows dual wielding katana, but does it give the ability to equip katana in the first place?

Oh by the way I just got a Jiraiya guys.

Jealous? :smug:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every time there's a new hotness banner I grit my teeth and read through everybody's lucky pulls and harrumph loudly. Well today is the day I'm kinda the rear end in a top hat.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, Jiraiya's headband allows dual wielding katana, but does it give the ability to equip katana in the first place?

Oh by the way I just got a Jiraiya guys.

Jealous? :smug:

I wish

:smith::hf::smith:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

So... that's a yes on granting the ability to use katana, not just dual wield them?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

I think I’m going to wait until we have more data on the JC banner comes out to burn the rest of my allotment fishing for Nichol #2. It looks like that 4* TMR is a straight upgrade machine killer. At the very least it’s unique machine killer that stacks with machine killer.

It doesn’t sound like Rico is going to chain with anyone but himself - I assume Dah Sol would have mentioned something like that. And his TMR seems equally uninteresting.

Are you kidding? I mean I know we have Lucii for dodge, but 25% dodge on accessory is STILL huge. and raw 40 attack means this is a TDH-usable dodge item.

I know he's also a time-limited unit, but Demon Rain is making little grabby hands and wants two of them super badly. over 1200 attack, huge dodge chance provoke tank that CLOBBERS with 100% counter rate huge attacks, yeah, he might be an actually effective unit.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
Also, if anyone really wants to chase Rico for his 25% evasion accessory it looks like the JC3 banner will have a single 5*, meaning this is probably your best odds to pull that specific unit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So... that's a yes on granting the ability to use katana, not just dual wield them?

Sadly, Clan Master Headband only gives the limited dual wield part. I farmed mine for Frye when my RoLs are on an evasion tank, and she can still only equip one sword.

PDQ Law fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jun 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
New thread time.

• Locked thread