Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Oh yeah I didn’t post this yesterday because I forgot but I went against my better judgement and did a daily pull instead of saving lapis

I finally got an on banner unit

Lassworm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I cleared 9 friend units today, and added some of those from last page.

In anticipation for enhancements tomorrow! She's almost BiS, just really missing Yun's chest.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I sent both of you a request from Iadria. If anyone else has spots for a newer player, my code is 206,455,829 :)

Oh poo poo, I'm sorry dude I had 5 slots and 7 requests, yours didn't have anything SA related so I didn't accept it, I can clear off another jobber and send you a request

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Daily half-draw rainbow: OK #2!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

MohShuvuu posted:

Daily half-draw rainbow: OK #2!

Having twinsies OK is awesome.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

BDawg posted:

Having twinsies OK is awesome.

you mean its "OK!"

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

arisu posted:

I cleared 9 friend units today, and added some of those from last page.

In anticipation for enhancements tomorrow! She's almost BiS, just really missing Yun's chest.

I'm still 50% away on my first two Aileen's Artisans :negative:

Also the upcoming KM event is going to have a LGD difficulty level, which is pretty interesting!

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Good thing I just managed to get a decent pile of gold and crysts last event.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The picture showing the FFXII bonus units has a Gabranth in its team. Gimu perfect as always.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Nah, that’s Drace. Shockingly the Judges all look basically the same.

e: I thought the same thing myself at first "why is zarglebargle on here and why is he only 75%?"

Ugato fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jan 17, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Also Gumi, you could have done a million other things for Fohlen's GL-exclusive enhancement to make him actually relevant but instead you decided to buff his Provoke to 100% and give it evade stacks? What's wrong with you??

I'm still grabbing Vortex+2 for Arena trolling but man, I wanted a reason to use chicken man outside of the dumb arena meta.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ugato posted:

Nah, that’s Drace. Shockingly the Judges all look basically the same.

e: I thought the same thing myself at first "why is zarglebargle on here and why is he only 75%?"
Nah, it's not Drace, there's two judges in the party and Zarg isn't featured. Plus you can tell it's Gabranth's sword from the yellow.
Specifically, it's the picture at the very bottom of the update announcing the event rewards, the one that explains how bonus units work.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

This image has him. Specifically at #2 in the Character Bonuses bit near the bottom of the image:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Scrublord Prime posted:

This image has him. Specifically at #2 in the Character Bonuses bit near the bottom of the image:

Ah. I didn't catch that one I guess. I was just looking at the other lists of bonus units mostly. Too lazy to get new promo game footage, then and they just ripped sprites and re-used the JP in-game picture.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
can someone tell me if I need to enhance my 2 Aileens? I have DV and enh.O as my current chainers, pretty well equipped, and generally use Luneth as a finisher if I can.

Someone please just tell me what to do I don't want to think for a game

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

With 7* coming out eventually you have to take into consideration that things like pots and enhancements are wasted on a copy of a character. If your character is a popular friend unit, and Aileen will be, then you are just better off saving the mats and pots on other units. The only times this doesn't work is if you dont have support units to act as force multipliers and you have to rely on friends for that. So if thats the case then enhance away.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
but question is does 2x Aileen kill stuff faster and harder than 2x orlandeau family?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Aileen will outdamage them if the boss doesn't resist earth or you cant imperil the element you are exploiting for the DV/Orlandu at over 60%. ALOT of aileen's damage comes from the built in 75% imperil, which is bonkers.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
At the very least you should enhance 1.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
Hey I really appreciate all the adds from folks here, you all are cool :) I changed my name to IadriaSA, so that it's slightly less confusing when I blindly add people from the thread!

I have a really, really dumb question: I finished my first 100% trust rating, one of the moogles from the event. How do I actually collect the TMR? I can't find it in my stuff anywhere.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Slack Motherfucker posted:

Hey I really appreciate all the adds from folks here, you all are cool :) I changed my name to IadriaSA, so that it's slightly less confusing when I blindly add people from the thread!

I have a really, really dumb question: I finished my first 100% trust rating, one of the moogles from the event. How do I actually collect the TMR? I can't find it in my stuff anywhere.

If you were just smashing moogles into moogles to get the percentage up, that doesn't actually get you the TM. That's just a space saving feature, so next time you get a unit that has that TM, you can smash that 100% moogle into that unit to instantly get their TM.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

Also Gumi, you could have done a million other things for Fohlen's GL-exclusive enhancement to make him actually relevant but instead you decided to buff his Provoke to 100% and give it evade stacks? What's wrong with you??

I'm still grabbing Vortex+2 for Arena trolling but man, I wanted a reason to use chicken man outside of the dumb arena meta.

Fohlen's primary schtick is that he gets Evade stacks for provoking and chaining, I don't see what the problem is here.

hamsystem posted:

At the very least you should enhance 1.

Yes, do this.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ummm Balthier's in game notice doesn't really show a whole lot of changes outside having that built in enhancement from killer shot into finishing. If they raise the imperils on his elemental shots he'd be a viable finisher for a lot of units. A base damage increase would be boring and not at all useful for those shots though.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I look at Balthier as an FV for people who don't like to gamble (on procs or FD). I still think FV is a better unit because he can use FD and has a -100% imperil (albeit as a counter).

A Machine Gun+ TDH build for Balth would be pretty loving strong though. And without all the RNG bs of FD.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

arisu posted:

If you were just smashing moogles into moogles to get the percentage up, that doesn't actually get you the TM. That's just a space saving feature, so next time you get a unit that has that TM, you can smash that 100% moogle into that unit to instantly get their TM.

Ahhhhhhhhhh okay yeah that's exactly what I was doing. I thought it was weird that they had the same TMRs as other units. Thanks very much :)

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
What's a good thing to host for friends for a new player? Any damage guys I put up are probably going to be subpar because I don't have the equipment to support them. My thought was to put something up as sort of a utility/edge case thing, but my choices are pretty limited.
On a related note, since I've almost maxed out Celes, does she break any fights that would be hard otherwise? I notice Sealing Blade can stop some monsters from healing themselves and prevent bombs from using Self-Destruct, is there any other good use for her, or should I retire her soon?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Thurin posted:

What's a good thing to host for friends for a new player? Any damage guys I put up are probably going to be subpar because I don't have the equipment to support them. My thought was to put something up as sort of a utility/edge case thing, but my choices are pretty limited.
On a related note, since I've almost maxed out Celes, does she break any fights that would be hard otherwise? I notice Sealing Blade can stop some monsters from healing themselves and prevent bombs from using Self-Destruct, is there any other good use for her, or should I retire her soon?

You can probably start retiring her as 6* max units will be much more powerful to use. However, her Sealing Blade niche is still incredibly useful so she will definitely be handy for fights down the line. For example, there's a story boss that loves to dispel you every turn then poo poo down your throat. Sealing Blade can prevent the dispel from happening so you can keep all your buffs and survive much easier. There's another story boss that unleashes a devastating water AoE and I used Celes to soak that up too.

I used her on a ton of trial bosses too (Greater Demon to eat Graviga, Brachiosaur to eat Ultima, etc.). I love Celes.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Fohlen's primary schtick is that he gets Evade stacks for provoking and chaining, I don't see what the problem is here.

I get that, but he just doesn't really build enough stacks to find use in things like Trials. I guess on the flip side he can be fairly easily made into a 100% evade Provoke tank now.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I want to try something new and make some use out of the Nyx I pulled a long time ago. I was reading that I should be using Fixed Dice on him. What else does he need?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ratmtattat posted:

I want to try something new and make some use out of the Nyx I pulled a long time ago. I was reading that I should be using Fixed Dice on him. What else does he need?

the usual 4-piece set: Fixed Dice, Marshal's Glove, Marshal's Glove, Buster Style.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Office Thug posted:

I get that, but he just doesn't really build enough stacks to find use in things like Trials. I guess on the flip side he can be fairly easily made into a 100% evade Provoke tank now.

Which is what I've been using him as, so guess I assumed that his enhancements would bring him more towards that.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Dana Crysalis posted:

the usual 4-piece set: Fixed Dice, Marshal's Glove, Marshal's Glove, Buster Style.

aka the "Hope you pulled these three rainbows from the same banner, idiot" set.

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jan 18, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

aka the "I hope you pulled these three rainbows, idiot" set.

Well if you're going play this game you simply have to have pulled on all the previous banners in a whale-like fashion, dahling. You simply must.

*shares A2/2B*

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Well if you're going play this game you simply have to have pulled on all the previous banners in a whale-like fashion, dahling. You simply must.

*shares A2/2B*

4 off banner rainbows during Cloud / Elf, no TDH fuckery for me. I got A2 after saving a shitload of tickets for the nier event, but now I guess 2B is the real damage dealer supreme due to the crazy LB and FD builds.

So sad I didn't even get one TDH thing for Olive, man.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Am I wrong or does Basch look pretty great? Like better than Wilhelm even?

He looks like he'll have comparable stats and those covers look bonkers.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
He's effectively 5* base WoL & Mystea stuck together, except less good on the provoking front.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

He cant provoke by default so he has to use golem and some other means to get 100% provoke. He's still the only 5* cover magic tank in the game so that means he's the only 7* capable magic tank in the game. Not that its needed or anything but its still something to consider.

Actually awakened rain is also a magic tank 5* and is better at it than Basch is I think.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 18, 2018

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

Am I wrong or does Basch look pretty great? Like better than Wilhelm even?

He looks like he'll have comparable stats and those covers look bonkers.

They're very different in terms of tank mechanics.

Basch's deal is you can have him act as either a Magic cover tank or Physical cover tank. I say "either" because each unit can only be protected by one "Cover buff" on any given turn. If you use both of his covers, the game will arbitrarily decide which one actually takes effect for each individual unit on the enemy's turn. The ONLY way to get both Physical and Magical cover at the same time is to have both of those in a single Cover ability, like Gladio's single-target Cover.

Wilhelm is a provoke tank, which uses Aggro mechanics to draw attacks rather than Cover mechanics. As a provoke tank he can soak up Single Target attacks just like a Cover tank, but not AoE attacks. The upside however is that Provoke tanks don't step on other Cover tanks' toes because Provoke doesn't compete with Cover buffs, game-mechanically.

Technically you can get Basch to both Magic Cover and Physical Provoke tank (Moogle Plushie + Golem's Provoke), but as a single unit with mixed passives for both DEF/SPR and too little in terms of HP passives, he won't last through most trials.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Dana Crysalis posted:

That's a big nope from me then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Can anybody set up a Gilgamesh carry for me? I had to start over after Facebook disabled my rank 100 account :v: I'm especially mad about it because I had 1-2 of every unit in this enhancement batch...

But anyway! 310 287 384.

• Locked thread