Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Ratmtattat posted:

Just tried Frozen Bird ELT, he attacks first, kills 4 people and paralyzes the other. Good stuff game.

I managed to have a Mystea survive by stacking the everloving poo poo out of wind and ice resists, but it wasn't enough to stabilize. This jerk is not loving around.

edit: Servers aren't doing so hot. Wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the game offline.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Dec 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
Just cleared out my friends list a bit, have A2 kitted out for ice bird. Can't imagine that she's not strong enough attack-wise, but I have her on shiva to get her ice resist to 80%.

Hopefully some of you can benefit.

edit: I am stupid and forgot about fenrir, switched that out

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 22, 2017

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

They just put up an announcement that the "12 days of joy" tomorrow starts and we get daily gifts.

day 1: one 1% trust moogle
day 2: 200 lapis
day 3: one rare summon ticket
day 4: one guaranteed 4* ticket
day 5: 500 lapis
day 6: six king metal minituars
day 7: one of each 5* pot
day 8: one of each megacite
day 9: nine gil snapped families
day 10: ten star quartz
day 11: one 10+1 ticket
day 12: 1200 lapis

They had an idea and they stuck to it.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Five during the morning commute, three-four during lunch, four-five during evening commute. Maybe a few more before bed if I feel like it.

Games like this work very well when you take public transportation to/from work.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

This a privileged whine, but I have buster style and a marshal glove, but have never so much seen a single Setzer since I started playing in July. At this point I've just kind of given up hope.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Acelerion posted:

Do you guys really use finishers all that much?

Not really, but I have so many fun toys to try them out with except for the goddamn weapon.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Finally, a use for my three Krylas*

(except for the part where I already did the fight fine with swapping out a single member of my A team)

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

They're advance tokens, not energy bottles.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Materials list. Different color border so it's pretty easy to spot.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Office Thug posted:

Your team names now matter! Awesome! As in, if you write an awful curse word in your team name title which no one ever can see except yourself, the game will fail to switch to that team because you're a nasty, bad potty mouth!

I had no idea you could name your teams.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

I just cleared out a handful of spots on my friends list for anyone looking:

I'm almost always on A2, but I also have a decently geared Wilhelm, Ayaka, and dodge Noctis I could put up, as well as an okay-ish geared Trance Terra or Barbariccia. I'm still a little light on magic gear.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

I found it. The best arena team.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Whoa, weird. I one-shot them before they got a chance to attack so I guess I got lucky. This guy is the hero we need.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

I put up a Noctis that can solo the DQ event, though it's a bit slow (especially the robin 'ood round). Orochi and Dragonlord can hurt him, but pure white blessing should smooth over that damage. If you're really worried just use cover.

I don't have link capped out (a few T3 support crysts shy...) so just spam warp strike/point blank warp strike, using armiger when it's up. It's MP negative with just my pure white blessing so maybe don't go into Dragonlord with an empty bar. Thunder flask seems decent for Robin 'ood and friends. You can auto everything up to Orochi but it's glacially slow.

If I can make him any better I'll be doing so.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 27, 2018

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So can a 100% Evade, 100% Fire Resist unit solo Mt. Nibel?

Not that I can put that unit up, I'm just curious.

I ran this with an evade Noct spamming fish and a fire resist Chow. I don't know how it handles trash. With the boss, technically the answer is no, but if you're dishing out physical damage to the boss it felt really trivial. The only real sticking point is that Trine (and counter trine) does unaspected magic damage. It didn't seem that scary.

Or to answer your question: Probably, but how the hell are you going to make both of those states true?

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 18, 2018

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

If anyone's in need of a magic tank, please enjoy my silly Chow with far too much resistance overall. I haven't actually tried the fights yet but from what a friend tells me it should be totally good to go for Ramuh, and I can kit stuff up for Shiva tomorrow morning if need be.

I may have pulled three Krylas back during that banner. It seemed like a good idea at the time to farm them all up. Chow's LB is maxed but even with the TMRs it might take a bit to actually get.

880 257 538

edit: He's uh, good for other stuff too. Definitely can deal with stuff like 2* phoenix fairly easily. Probably Wicked Moon? I don't actually remember the setup I used for that.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 02:41 on May 25, 2018

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Switched a couple things around - my Chow is now 230% for ice and 180% for lightning, so he'll probably need a buff for the latter if I understand correctly. Everything else is 100% or higher, and he still has a ribbon.

edit: Just tried Ramuh. If you're carrying Barthundara (which carbuncle provides) Chow's golden against any of his attacks.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

Infected posted:

If you don't want to run any form of dispel 220% Lightning Resist is the breakpoint for Ramuh that one needs to hit.

Yeah, that's what I had it at before, but I can't get that high enough and get ice resist high enough (technically I'm still 10% short I think) and it sounds like Shiva is the tougher fight. I wouldn't know because apparently my shiva is only level 39 (sigh) so it'll be a little bit before I've done enough of the raid to max her out.

That's why I mention carbuncle - as long as you have the bar spells you can get from that you're golden for either one. And I would hope anyone taking on a 3* esper already has the rest of the espers...

edit: Chow's at 250% ice resist now. And I downed Shiva. That fight is no joke.

Alakaiser fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 25, 2018

• Locked thread