Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

hagie posted:

YOUR RAINBOW CHANCES ARE NOW 3 TIMES GREATER

Just wanted to get that on the 1st page

YOUR RAINBOWS ARE HALF AS VALUABLE AS YOU NEED TWO TO 7*.

Just wanted to get that on the 1st page too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Edit: wrong thread :doh:

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 21, 2017

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Welp, I successfully quit for about a week. The gacha found a way to lure me back in though.

Yeah, gotta admit I’m intrigued by the possibilities. WTB three more Excaliburs though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So I pulled a Basch getting some bonus units. Seems good. May have to dump some pots into him.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The idle animation for Basch is him chopping his own hand off over and over.

Basch is cool and good.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
On iOS swiping up the control centre then swiping it down before queuing actions still creates perfect spark chains. The sound is no longer delayed though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Which creates a big disparity between iOS players and Android players, which is frankly bullshit.

Not that I disagree, but for months the Android magnification trick worked and there was no iOS equivalent. I doubt it’s an imbalance Gumi cares about now that it goes the other direction.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Threw a couple tickets at the VotD banner. Got a rainbow! So hype for a second VotD or a Ramza...

...oh. Ok. That’s cool too I suppose.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

hamsystem posted:

I just spent like 4 hours playing Dissidia Opera Omnia. It's similar to FFRK where you pick up the characters by playing through the story and the gacha is for their equipment. The big difference is that the graphics are 3d and look pretty awesome. Also 10+1 pulls guarantee at least 1 five star weapon. Combat is pretty fun but I'm not sure if I could really describe it properly. It seems kinda simplistic but there's some strategy to it. Anyways, it's fun and y'all should check it out.

Here's the trailer if anyone's interested:

https://youtu.be/85GI-rnBESU

Um, holy poo poo. :stare: I need this in my life. I'm guessing it soft launched in NZ or something?

Edit: never mind, found it! Downloading now. I'm so in.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 31, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It’s a bit of a long reroll but the starter loot is super generous. A guaranteed 5* (Warrior of Light is the good one out of the three) and over 18,000 gems. You get one half price 10+1 pull for 2500 then three more for 5k apiece. It’s not at all unreasonable to target a start with 6-8 5*s three of which are for top characters like Cloud, Vaan, WoL etc.

Also there’s a code packed in with Dissidia for consoles for a 5* Cloud weapon better than anything else at release. Paired with the Gacha 5* it turns him into a monster apparently.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Scrublord Prime posted:

Personally between the Christmas stinker, unexciting gear from recent events, and constant striking out on the gacha I'm pretty :geno: for practically everything upcoming. The Valkyrie Profile collab looks neat but who knows if/when we get that.

Dissidia Opera Omnia is really fun so far!

It’s gorgeous compared to FFRK and FFBE (60fps!), gameplay is showing signs of a bit more depth as I’m getting past the tutorial levels, and the gacha is FFRK levels of generous. (guaranteed 5* with every pull, characters are all free and weapons are in the gacha)

Well worth a look for anyone burning out on FFBE.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Dissidia Opera Omnia is setting the mobile scene on fire, FFRK is fighting back with a Kingdom Hearts collab launching simultaneously in JP and Global, FFBE has... a dog?

*Price is Right horns*

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ZarathustraFollower posted:

2 per character. It's an interesting design decision, since unlike FFRK, new weapons/armor don't unlock new abilities. Instead they let you equip more passives, and make those moves better.

They just added new 70cp weapons in the Japanese version that add an additional ability.

Two abilities is twice as many as 95% of FFBE content requires! *skillfully mashes Divine Ruination*

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
FFBE is ugly, dated *and* more expensive than Dissidia Opera Omnia. Gumi should be making GBS threads bricks right about now.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The art style of Gaia Online vs that of Final Fantasy 3 DS remake.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Making Locke, Bartz, Vivi, Shadow, Zidane and Edge into trash 3*s is unforgivable.

Edit: $63.99 CAD in Canada! For $15 more you can buy a brand new full price copy of Dissidia NT for PS4.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Huh, I hadn't considered trying to sell my FFBE account. May have to look into that.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
lol gently caress off Gumi.

The only Final Fantasy mobile game deadly allergic to Final Fantasy characters. Bizarre.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Final Fantasy 6?!

A Final Fantasy collab would be amazing.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Everybody hating on the IOS port of 6 has never played it.

The updated graphics are hideous but the port of FFV is fine too. It's really really ugly and I'd happily rebuy a version that looks like the original, but both games are so good they can survive SE massively loving up the graphics.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
So is the game down for Android now too? Just updated my Fire HD 8 through the Amazon Appstore and it's giving the "due to issues getting the update on iOS blah blah maintenance".

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It looks like if you recently played on iOS, it locks you out. I couldn't get on from my Android emulator this morning.

Ahhh yeah, my primary device is my iPhone. I just use the Fire HD for macroing Earth Shrine.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If only there was a way Gumi could have foreseen this and done something about it like Final Fantasy Record Keeper and Dissidia Opera Omnia did. Oh and just about every other mobile game on the market.

What a ridiculous company.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Most of that is opinion, but I’ll take issue with mythril-scant. We’re less than three months away from an event where if you put the time in you could farm roughly 1k mythril. The FFBE equivalent would be Gumi allowing players to grind out 100,000 lapis in a couple weeks.

Oh and the banners all have a guaranteed 5* so they’re not really comparable. Plus FFRK gets events like the festival starting tonight with deals like the 15 3-pulls each with a guaranteed 5* for 5 mythril each.

Oh and FFRK is buttery smooth on iOS.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

HGH posted:

Is that why it loads so badly on Android?

Yeah the Android version is comically awful compared to the iOS one. The iOS one even sometimes kicks into a mode where everything runs at smooth as silk 60fps.

It’s amazing how opinions on FFRK vs FFBE seem to depend almost as much on which phone you have as the games themselves. Android users have easier access to macros and for large chunks of time had easier access to chaining glitches in FFBE, pushing Android owners that direction.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

To be fair, Tomb Raider is a Squeenix property now.

I think everyone is pretty much over being fair to Gumi.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Kheldarn posted:

Google Translate.

Best Google Translate I’ve seen in a while is Sazh in Dissidia Opera Omnia gets translated as Sads.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Hmmmmm daily was Orlandeau #4. I'm leaning toward enhancing/potting a second one and planning to 7* both rather than go for the Super Trust Reward.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cobalt60 posted:

Reroll guy: stop rerolling yourself. Take my advice from earlier and pick up an account from some reddit nerd

The only good reroll is rolling on out into another thread to play a better game run by less greedy incompetent developers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I went over 200 pulls on Ayaka's first banner without getting a single rainbow, but now at least rainbow rates are 3% and not 1%...

I went somewhere in the ballpark of 500 total pulls before I got my first Zidane.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I just pulled a lightning 5*, earth veritas 4*, and x2 zidanes. Is this a decent pull to keep?

Definitely not a good one to keep.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Don't worry, I'm sure there will be a bundle in the shop that will let you convert Lapis into Friend Points.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
As amazing as LM Fina is, you really don't want to live the no 5* chainer life.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Cartoon Man posted:

Just go, Fina has all the DPS you want for early to mid content. The 5* chainers will eventually drop, especially with the rainbow drop rate increase we got before Christmas. A decent healer may never drop and you now have the best in the game that will last for as long as you play.

I just keep thinking back to the pain and suffering of a certain someone on the Discord channel and cringe. It's entirely reasonable to expect a good 5* chainer would turn up before it became too huge an issue...

...but for that one poor bastard with bad luck on pulls it's a horrible life.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ugato posted:

E: ^ biske and I were the two biggest whiners (I used dual Setzer for 4 months and dual Ashe for probably that long too) and now I’m swimming in chainers. I don’t know that he’s swimming in them but I know he has DV and Barb because he cycles through them. It took a long time, but it did happen eventually.

It’s just a different philosophy on Gacha games I suppose.

The only time you ever have control over your pulls is the reroll phase, so I go hard for exactly what I want expecting to have below average luck on any future pulls. Then if I turn out to be average or a little lucky, I’m happy.

It’s entirely reasonable to expect a decent chainer within a few months of starting with Fina/Knight Delita, but god help anyone who low rolls into Lightning/Merc Ramza/Luneth/whatever as their first half dozen rainbows.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Knight Delita was recently kicked off of one or two of the Top Five lists on the wiki... one of the physical damage ones. He'd still be there if not for the Nier ladies or Ang/Cupid Artemios/Prompto.

He's not terrible, and with Lotus Mage Fina you will be able to stick around till you get some decent 4* or even 5* base units.

Pretty sure that's Delita not Knight Delita. After awakenings Delita is a top tier breaker. Knight Delita is to Delita what Merc Ramza is to Ramza.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Bob NewSCART posted:

Behold my (probably lovely) pulls I finally settled on.

This is exactly what I would have recommended rerolling for if someone has the patience. VotD is a rock solid chainer with an awesome TMR and it’s well discussed how good LM Fina is.

You even have Steiner for the better light elemental Great Sword to chain with Orlandeaus and Zidane will save you some grief.

You nailed it.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
FFBE has more maintenance downtime than any mobile game I've ever played and still manages to break their poo poo more than anyone else. :doh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

April Fools! Our graphics are still dogshit compared to Dissidia Opera Omnia!

Ha ha, totally got us with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Apparently Gumi agrees with me as their whole April Fools joke is "Imagine if this game didn't look like crap... ha ha, just kidding".

• Locked thread