Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Holy poo poo, enhanced Orlandeau is a loving beast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Important Tip: Even if people tell you Grim Lord Sakura will be fiiiine it has like 15 SPR it'll melt anyway...

DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.

What a waste of 50 energy. Sigh.

Story time?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Oh duh, that totally makes sense. Thanks.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
You might as well wait for Hyou who blows pretty much every DD out of the water. I don't think it was too big of a gap between Sephiroth and Hyou (1 month?). I don't see many folks using Lila much anymore since she has like 3k HP with a SPR-focus build compared to 7*s who have like 16k HP. Apparently she's not so great in any fight that isn't a OTKO because she gets dunked on.

FWIW, Hyou is a TDH unit with dual- and triple-ability and uses Holy Explosion frames. His chains are back loaded so the big hits are capped and he has a plethora of -60% imperils built into his moves. He basically takes every good thing about every other meta chainer and combines it into a single kit.

But there's always a new unit to wait for...

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Dec 27, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

yeah, wait those 8 months for Hyou, good choice.

In the context of waiting for Seph/Lila (the post I was replying to), it's not far-fetched. I don't plan that far ahead personally but if someone's holding out that long, you might as well wait for Hyou anyway.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Eh "holding out" has never worked for me. The 3 times or so I did it this year I did not get what I was going all in for. I think I am just going to toss tickets around as I feel like it this year with out going balls deep when whale candy shows up.

And Gumi throwing in really decent/good GL exclusives makes saving really hard. It's more fun to spend now anyway. :v:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

werdnam posted:

I don't have Ayaka or T. Terra, but I do have Roy and Christine. Do you think I have a chance with a party of Cagnazzo, Roy, Mystea, Christine, friend Christine, and a healer? No Tillith, but I have Yshtola and Refia and Luka (enhanced) with a Dualcast to spare if it helps.

Christine should do more damage than TT if you can bring an imperil so that should work out great.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

We'll be lucky if we see CG Reagan within the next 8 months. Hyou is probably 10+ months away and because ~global is a different game~ we'll probably get his 6* form and have to wait a month for his 7* form like Gumi used to do with new units in Brave Frontier.

And Ramza enhancements will probably land sometime after that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
We could probably extrapolate the number of active players from the raid events.

Like, take the amount of points required to go from 20-21, divide that by number of points earned per orb (20,000) and that will tell you how many orbs you went through in that time period. Divide that number by the number of hours it took and it should tell you the number of players (without accounting for people who refreshed or whatever).

I can't find the number of points it takes from rank to rank on raids though.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 28, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
This dude's post is a case study on hoarding. Struggling on fights while sitting on 300+ tickets, lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7mmwcb/do_people_who_spend_money_on_banners_essentially/

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are people in this thread who didn't get a 5* base until the crystal changes took place. I know I was trolled by multiple non 5* rainbows and others ITT got burned worse than I did. I still have my rainbow Lenna of Shame sitting in my box where she will remain level one and untouched forever as well.

Yea, I was one of those sad dudes. I went ~6-7 months from starting the game shortly after GL launch til my first rainbow. But this guy was ignoring all the really good 4* banners we had too. I would have struggled like crazy without WoL, Rikku, 9S, Soleil, etc.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ratzap posted:

I was going through my tickets with crossed fingers. 2 x Santa Roselia, then a rainbow - Ace (sigh). With 5 tickets left I got another rainbow which was White Knight Noel so I'm quitting now while I'm ahead.

That motherfucker looks majestic. He's making it rain gifts.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Already got you! You'll have at least one FD OK once I round out the remaining 35-40% on my last Marshall Glove and my first Fixed Dice :cool:

I'm thinking about putting up an FD TDH OK companion but I think it's going to be a pain in the rear end finding chaining partners for raids given we run them hourly. Finding Orlandeau friends is just so easy.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I swapped my companion to a TDH FD Onion Knight. He should be BiS once I finish Training Clothes in a few hours. Would love to add other TDH FD OKs.

411 249 974

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

rath posted:

Hey tried to add you but you're full. You can add me at 457222921 if you want to make a spot. Gonna try out FD OK when the TMRs are done in a day or three.

Request sent!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Yup I did, it's 209464963, gonna edit the other post

Sent you a request but it looks like you're full.

edit: I'd love to do a damage test vid vs. Aigaion with my OK and yours if you happen to have Machine Killer.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 2, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Odd, I had at least one spot left. I made some room regardless and I'll throw Machine Killer onto OK for you to try against the dumb robot!

I'm a dumbass and it was me that was full. Sent again. Thanks for the Machine Killer! I'll give it a run tonight (in ~4 hours) and post the results.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Edit - The first run sucked. Uploaded a new one below.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Jan 3, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
2nd run of TDH FD OK chaining (with guest FD FV without TDH gear or killers) vs. Aigaion ELT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_xIyxRPFaw

Went a lot better the 2nd go around. Geared Wilhelm for more DEF and he didn't die plus I got ridiculously awesome RNG on FV's counters.

Thanks again Office Thug!

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jan 3, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I did a Veritas of Light TDH FD finisher test vs. Malboro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9aTXks5Wiw

Her LB is amazing.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

I hear its 7* is really good.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

five? I see three.

I hate that the 5* pedestal looks so similar to the 3* one.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Acelerion posted:

If you're anything like me, nothing sucks worse than coming home from a hard days work to a full energy bar because your tmr macro crashed around lunch time.

Well, Google has a remote desktop app - chrome remote desktop - that you can use to access your computer from a mobile device.

That's right, thanks to the wonders of modern science you can now use your cell phone to rdp into a home computer that runs an emulator of a cell phone where you afk a video game.

This is what our ancestors would have wanted.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I fire up the Remote Desktop from my couch rather than walk the 10 feet to my computer when the TMR macro gets wonky.

That was me my entire Horizon playthrough over Christmas holiday.

Reminder - Dragon Killer+ and Dragon Killer (vanilla) materias stack.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Seriously, the servers are getting destroyed.

edit - That's a ridiculous pull.

edit 2 - Login looks stable now.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 5, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

NinjaDebugger posted:

For anybody who needs a carry, or who just wants to press auto once in a while, I have a 99% auto carry up. The boss has to auto-attack 3+ times a turn (which it does rarely) a bunch of times in a row to make any significant headway against Pure White Blessing, everything else is resisted. Just hit auto and wait a few minutes.

drat, that is a sexy DRain.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I'm gonna spend all my energy on the gil snapper cave this weekend so my TMR farm can take a break. I've stopped running it during the evenings and while I'm at work, it's just too prone to crashing.

I noticed that it tends to crash whenever it needs to connect with the server to do something (like initiate a mission) at exact hours of time. So like, if you start a mission at 2:00 pm it has a high chance of crashing.

Also I loving love Raids and I'm glad Gumi's been just regurgitating them over the past few months. Even that semi-worthless Ariana raid in November was great just because raids are free.

Hey I forgot to mention that I'm done with Aigaion testing (thanks again) so if you'd like to swap out that Machine Killer, please feel free to.

edit - nevermind, you already did!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I saw your post about the run and I'm definitely gonna try that myself once I figure out my support/tank for the fight. I'll let you know, in the meantime please put up anything you want :)

Cool, I'd be more than happy to return the favor.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It takes like 2 turns with Best Unit (Garnet) though!

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

Just realized I could farm 2x Kryla TM, Marie's TM, and a Melody of life for a portable 100% All Elements resist build.

But... is that even useful for anything, really? Like any hard trial or anything?

It's awesome for Mystea on any elemental fight. That tactic sees a ton of use on JP with 3* esper fights.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Office Thug posted:

I did a math thing and crunched numbers for how bad farming ~11 x T4 power crysts will be via either the Chamber of Gems or the next best T4/NRG Story Event route. Here's what I got in case anyone's interested.

Here are the specific color T4 per NRG ratios for using # Xons + Raven Cape (Cape = 2 Xons, everyone should get it asap). I'm using the previous story event "Fate of the Dragoon" as reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/7hr0s4/se6_fate_of_the_dragoon_loot/

The 90 NRG route ~ Best spot if you cn handle it with enough Xons
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 344 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 346 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 396 NRG
2 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 692 NRG

* Those jumps are because the base chance of the primary T4 drop is 25% (there is a secondary drop too but it's basically "gently caress you" odds of rolling). With 4 Xons and a cape, you can get that primary T4 drop to 100% and after that having more Xons is basically pointless since they only boost the secondary T4 drop chance. But, if you have less than that, the loss is pretty dramatic, as seen, due to how significant a base 25% chance of drop is when it comes to buffs.

The 75 NRG Route
5 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 417 NRG
4 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 469 NRG
3 Xons + Cape --> one T4 every 536 NRG

The 85 NRG route has the exact same T4 drop chance as the 75 NRG route, so it's just plain worse.

For reference, here's what you get from the Chamber of Gems according to this very thorough community survey which is probably accurate in every way: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yY0DuB0PrUUe6q0uNxZwE1MluM9jx4waJlvtavR-Vzk/edit#gid=2110432825

Xon/Cape + Locke/Pod -> one T4 every 563 NRG

So, if you can farm the next Story Event 90 NRG route with at least 3 Xons + two murder units, definitely go for it. If you have a really good murder unit, shoot for 4 Xons. Get the loving Cape also, that's literally worth 2 Xons and none of this really works out that well without the cape.

Edit: Oh, and take all of this with a grain of salt. The drop mechanics in this weird obtuse game are far from understood and not everything works the same way ~ locke/pod don't work at all for T1-2 crysts in Story Events, but do in the Chamber, but multiple Lockes/Pods don't stack and neither do multiple Xons/Capes in the Chamber. This is still basically voodoo poo poo right now.

This is a great post, thanks.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

You would be correct on that last part except the headband is not even a hat, it's an accessory.

What's up with this game's obsession of making hats into accessories?

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Ice_Headband

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I look at Balthier as an FV for people who don't like to gamble (on procs or FD). I still think FV is a better unit because he can use FD and has a -100% imperil (albeit as a counter).

A Machine Gun+ TDH build for Balth would be pretty loving strong though. And without all the RNG bs of FD.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Thurin posted:

What's a good thing to host for friends for a new player? Any damage guys I put up are probably going to be subpar because I don't have the equipment to support them. My thought was to put something up as sort of a utility/edge case thing, but my choices are pretty limited.
On a related note, since I've almost maxed out Celes, does she break any fights that would be hard otherwise? I notice Sealing Blade can stop some monsters from healing themselves and prevent bombs from using Self-Destruct, is there any other good use for her, or should I retire her soon?

You can probably start retiring her as 6* max units will be much more powerful to use. However, her Sealing Blade niche is still incredibly useful so she will definitely be handy for fights down the line. For example, there's a story boss that loves to dispel you every turn then poo poo down your throat. Sealing Blade can prevent the dispel from happening so you can keep all your buffs and survive much easier. There's another story boss that unleashes a devastating water AoE and I used Celes to soak that up too.

I used her on a ton of trial bosses too (Greater Demon to eat Graviga, Brachiosaur to eat Ultima, etc.). I love Celes.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

aka the "Hope you pulled these three rainbows from the same banner, idiot" set.

Ironically, TDH builds use less 5* TMRs than most other DD BiS.

hamsystem posted:

Daily half pull popped out a VoL which is dope since she was high up on the list of units I wanted. I need to grind a few TMs, but I have everything to BiS her. Now I just need VoD to complete the set.

Grats! Remember to level that insane LB.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Skyridge posted:

Maybe, but it's three specific 5* TMRs, and the the difference each of those makes is MASSIVE. Where as if you're missing A2's greatsword, you have the free alternative that is a whole 7 attack less.

Agreed, no argument here.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

suuma posted:

Pulled a Prishe today, not sure how to feel about this.

If you don't have any other S-tier chainers, she's not bad. I did a Prishe damage test vs. Aigaion and she hosed him up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px-NdfG9HKY

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 19, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
That evade TT strat is dope, thanks thread.

edit - Here's the custom FFBE Equip formula if you wanna build based on your own gear:

M_DAMAGE; R_SLEEP > 100; R_FIRE > 100; P_EVADE > 100

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 20, 2018

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

My LGD farm team:

Drace#1: Instrumental Flair and Apollo Harp for Hero's Rime
Vayne: World Destroyer
GLS: Soul Barrage x2
Drace#2: Pod
Drace#3: Pod
Friend Basch: covers Magic for the first round of the boss, boss dies second round

How do you manage MP on GLS? Sac'ing a bonus unit? Or does she have 600 MP+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

She has 550 MP. the first round only needs a singlecast Soul Barrage, as long as friendBasch uses Armor Eraser.

That looks pretty cool, I might try that out. Thanks.

• Locked thread