Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Are there any Ice-based daggers/swords/throwns to come? I was thinking of running Nyx with my double Fryevias as a finisher but the only Ice weapons he can use are Fryevia's TMR (which are not gonna go on him) or the weak Icebrand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So are we not getting the three 5k lapis draws?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

PaybackJack posted:

I spend a guaranteed 4* ticket on this banner...hmm.

Also people who are on top of things keep track of any builds for carrying Legendary difficult with a team of scrubs. First impressions looks like Tidus might be a good choice due to his ability to dodge and unleash massive water damage.

Onion Knight is also worth a mention for Splendor of Water, which both deals water damage and supplies a Fire resistance buff to the party.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
LGD has a higher chance of encountering rare mobs.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So Aileen finally got a base 5* chainer that can work with her for 10 mans. Its Lenneth, who's heavily focused around TDH, whose TMR is dark element and who can't double up on the same ability twice with her triple attacks, which makes her useless for a dual wielding Aileen. Also Aileen has to use her own TMR if she wants to go TDH route which means she cant elemental chain with Lenneth if Lenneth is using her TMR or STMR. She has to use a copy of Aileens own TMR to make it work.

Its a drat shame too because Lenneth would have been a great partner given that she can finish her own chains. Anyways, her mechanics are cool but she can only work best with a copy of herself.

How's Arngrim, he's literally the only character I care about from that banner.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily: Rainbow! Finally! Give me my 100% bonus unit!

....Marie. Urgh. I mean she's a great elemental protection unit, but I have a lot of sources for that (Ayaka, Zargabaath, Rikku, GL Sakura). She's not redundant, but it's a bit of a blah pull.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Skyridge posted:

Ayaka has elemental protection?

She'll usually run Carbuncle which has Bars. Well I could stick her with another Esper.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily! Rainbow! Gilgamesh! Blargh!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay, I can't believe that I've gotten three rainbow dailies in a row and none of them were Basch or Balthier.

...Is 7* Knight Delita any good at least?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm pretty sure I'm done with the game after February, actually. Will keep logging in to get the rewards and blow the rest of my resources on the FFIX banner, but that's likely it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Got Beatrix on my first ticket, that's me satisfied.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
How are the new awakened units anyway? From what I heard Garnet is good, Zidane is for farming and the mages just exist?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Hmm, Beatrix is rad but how does she stack up to TGC? I could run both but that sweet double Fryevia...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

new kind of cat posted:

well, that's pretty cool...Lightning 7* is really good, yeah?

I already have two Lightnings...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Daily rainbow got me...

...Third Dark Fina. Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

WebDO posted:

Any good, succinct 10 man set up guides? Also how do you build Ramza, does he even need stats if all he exists for is the one ability?

Just make him survivable, that's all he needs.

You can also use him for Breaks if you really wanted.

• Locked thread