Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Expensive, though.

I have two.

Same here, though only one is leveled and nowhere near fully potted. Pulled him and Noctis more or less back to back and they've been splitting Atk pots as they come in - and before that, potted up Agrias, so...

Still, just where he is at, and with only +1 Divine Ruination and no enhancements to Crush Weapon (T. Terra wiped me out of black crysts), using relatively second-stringer gear including Durandal as his greatsword, he's nearly at 1K attack and contributes significant chain damage

Really good unit. Good timing for me too as I just finished some TMRs that are useful for shuffling my weapon and materia layouts around so he can make the most of a katana + greatsword setup without depriving any of my other DPSers at the same time.

I wish I didn't have to grind like 30 T3 crysts to get him the rest of the way enhanced. That just seems demoralizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Died a few times to the turn one blitz before I wised up and geared more for survival.

Your survival units need to be paralyze immune. I did not bother with immunity for DPS. I used A2 with a friend A2, geared with Fire element and both at 7K HP. However I really think almost any fire elemental damager would work. They're really easy to kill, it's just getting to where you can do that...

Since this fight has an RNG element at the start, I tried to reduce that some through innate draw attacks and magic cover.

No pots Cagnazzo in slot one (7.1k HP, 221 Spr, 351 def, geared to 0% ice resist) with a Rikku Pouch. He has innate draw, and being in slot 1 makes him more likely to be covered. Other units' slots are down to your preference but he belongs in 1 here.

No pots Mystea next. I had her geared to 7.2k life, 395 spr, 259 def. If turn one goes right, she covers Cagnazzo and dies, leaving him barely alive to cure paralysis on your DPS so they can murder the big bird on the first turn easily.

I used Marie but could be a better choice... Maybe a solid healer? The thing is her utility is all after the first turn, and a lot of this fight ends up just being having a party with units that can withstand turn one to accomplish the missions.

This may be considered cheese but I figure Gumi knew what they were doing when they made the enemies so squishy and gave us units that can mitigate the onslaught somewhat anyway

Mystea and Cagnazo looked like a good team on paper and they do not disappoint, digging the new gear and the quick moogle.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 22, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

IN MY OPINION its so weird how coincidentally every time something comes out for global it really sucks and is grindy. oh well, we can never solve this mystery. back to the lapis mines!

I love the event dungeon but now that it's over and we're in this crap I'm probably just gonna TMR for a week again

Gumi can let ya down if you let 'em

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

How do you beat this Air Buster gently caress?

I didn't know he was fire res and brought my A2 and a friend A2 geared for the Ice Bird (and so fire element weapons). Thankfully their great machine killer and innate badassery made them still somewhat effective but on the order of about 15% per turn with a spark chained OHC combo instead of what I thought would be a for sure one-turn battle. Still he wasn't anything crazy as far as I could tell, hits pretty hard per turn but I didn't notice any gently caress-you thresholds or anything like that as he croaked.

Fohlen was geared for full dodge - I should have brought i-nichol but didn't think about it, figured if I needed tanking provoke would do a lot of the job. But that seems like a fine strategy.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

gumi blows but I feel like the ff7 event dungeon was great. nostalgia fest, I let these fuckers sell me my own memories but they even put the ether in the right place

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Pod-153 is a utility champ. A pair of them on weaker units with +mp support can turn a mediocre bonus unit in MK events into a solo clear capable unit thanks to how good chaining is, especially if the bonus unit can finish. The physical damage reduction, when useful, is dynamite and the easiest way to get it by far for my team. I never use the regen but I've been blessed with Marie since forever so if there's a fight where regen helps, Love You All+2. And that's not even counting that for a lot of units, a 300% AOE easy chaining move is an upgrade to their capabilities. While not as high of a multiplier as top tier units, it's still more'n enough to get the job done for physical AOE chaining tasks (again thanks to how good chaining is really) where your unit couldn't handle that natively.

It doesn't get talked about much because either you've got it or you don't at this point and if it's useful for something you're probably using it. We don't talk about ribbons much either but it still owns having a ribbon or two at least. etc.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 23, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

next global event: you need to grind 5000000 ramza shards in order to unlock the first level of ramza bard enhancements

I hope this event is the one that does it. We let Gumi get away with providing a really mediocre product compared to what JP gets, and then you get dumbass shills on reddit defending them as "it's a different game!"

yeah, no poo poo, it's a way worse one from basically the same dudes just to gently caress us, it's bad & they should change it. that's the point. how is that defensible as "different game!" to these folks, I dunno. They like it really rough.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I've made do without any death protection this whole time. What's the thing it's really important for? Cleared all the trials except for Marlboro and Blood Moon, and Blood Moon is going down now that I'm rolling with my 7.7k hp Mystea with over 400 Spr. Heck, between her and Cagnazzo, if I can get him up to 8 or 9k maybe I can take down the Marlboro finally. Will I need death protection to do it?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I just can't care about this garbage event. I am tempted to use my moogles to finish my summer D Fina TMR but if I am a little more patient I can get Noctis' TMR and I reckon it would be a lot more generally useful.

The reindeer hat looked neat but bleh. If I bought today's story unlock I'd have felt ripped off for the NRG.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Two rainbows in my 10+1!

Delita, and .... Knight Delita

To the earth shrine with y'all. I need to finish three Goromu TMRs and get some high damage Lightning element chainers together. Been part of the plan for a while since I happen to want to keep using Olive if possible. Isn't there a nice Lightning katana too? hrm...

Thinking about getting the Mythril Chest for a last ditch hail mary effort at Christine but I am no whale, it's a fool's errand. The moogle and the +30% have me skewing the real value considerably. I could get my Ring of Lucii 10% sooner... (don't do it self, don't spend money on a god drat gacha game)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Dec 25, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Cagnazzo and Mystea are boss as gently caress. I feel like I wasted resources enhancing WOL's tanking today (I know it'll be handy, though, he brings a lot to the fight). Glacial and the Bloody Moon can't do poo poo to my party, they're a total wall. I only have 40 hp of pots in Mystea and nothing in Cagnazzo too.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

My gear is inconsistent w/ em. Cagnazzo and her are both using two Toughness each, which is merely 10% hp and 10% spr. I'm cooking more defensive TMRs now, I got a team full of obliterate-'em strong attackers but only one materia with 30% HP. Mystea is using it, rest of their HP Materia are from the Nier event.

Notably I have Cloud's Uniform on Cagnazzo 'cause +500 hp is rad. I did pull Knight Delita today so I guess one day that'll be Grand Armor, but for now A2 is going to have to go back to the Brave Suit 'cause hot drat. I have Carbon Bangle and Frozen Crown on Mystea. Another notable TMR is Mystea has the Rainbow Robe from Marie. I wish I pulled 3 Maries or more - what a robe!

Their relevant stats are:

Cagnazzo
HP 7794
Def 359
Spr 234

Mystea
HP 7541
Def 251
Spr 441

And I forgot to bring any form of global damage reduction and BM and his apostles -still- can't do poo poo. Granted I am rolling with enhanced Marie and mine and a friend GLS as well as Tillith in my party, so I have four units in this fight that can protect against statuses (Mystea even covers stop, right?) as well as two status clearers (Marie holds Rikku's Pouch and a Ribbon) and three units with debuff protection. GLS is a powerhouse for this point in the game IMO with all she can do - any time I use her, I'm getting my defensive buffs from her, getting status protection and debuff protection from her, and getting reraise when needed too, as long as I can sacrifice the damage output that turn.

I still use Healing Staff on Marie for off healing since she commonly has free turns, and between Love You All+2, her 2xCura and Tillith's Prism Heal I'm getting about one Ayaka's Curaja worth of healing per turn, plus 50 MP, and of course the resists etc. May I one day pull a 5* healer, but my team seems to be taking care of business lately.

I really think it's just great unit synergy for them, they're right on top of the meta right now IMO. Cagnazzo's lowish stats for a tank are offset by the 60% damage reduction he gets. These two are even good against ambushes since Cagnazzo has significant innate draw and Mystea will pretty quickly cover anyone receiving magic damage, which was helpful in the Glacial fight.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 26, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Blood Moon is the fight that made me finally part w/ SQ for Safety Bit and Genji Shield. Made it to the threshold and my plan of having mine and friend GLS reraise is insufficient, so now I've got some more protection, and I'm swapping T. Terra out for Rikku. GLS has the damage output 100% well in hand, and Trance Terra ended up using Dual White Magic and Cura most turns before the threshold anyway because I was really hurting from no regen from Love You All otherwise. Lmao.

She'll be bringing a Pod-153 and geared for pure spr to add its regen to Prism Heal so that my tanks can make it, and to get its damage reduction and her HyperNulAll DR & ele buffs on the threshold turn.

I probably should read guides before attempting trials, but this sumbitchin' moon is hosed today :clint:

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

As long as my rotation was on point the Blood Moon and friends couldn't get through the tanks. There were scramble turns when his badass abilities procced later on, but these two made it smooth. I stopped caring about the debuff protection and just kept blasting them. GLS reraise and Sacrificial Barrier were super useful. Pod regen was also really useful from Rikku, and she eased the pain considerably with its phys DR plus HyperNulAll.

I do not regret using some moogles to finish summer Dark Fina's TMR, as it is an incredible upgrade for GLS' mana-starved self

Marlboro, you're next.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 27, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I already wanted a second greg because Genji Glove is the poo poo, even yet, but now I want one because that all looks fantastic

60% non-elemental imperil? So, non-elemental phys damage gets an imperil-like bonus?

How does the Snowpetal buff relate to the Snowpetal ability awakening? I want to up mine to give him access to that much finishing damage so he has something half rear end useful to do sometimes (I know it's not meta, I know it's a waste of crysts, but I have him the rest of the way enhanced already and I like Gilgamesh!), does it improve his 7* version still or is that a different thing entirely?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I am waiting until there's a better return on NRG for candy canes and have used this time to clear trials etc.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

If they do a guaranteed 5* on a Christine and WKN banner I'll fuckin' do it, you'll get me Gumi. That's the way to get me this time.

Would I pull on a guaranteed 5* healer banner? Isn't Ayaka the only one at this time...? It must be a more general support banner or something, no way they'd let mere GL players be that precise in a game that relies on dashing your hopes for what's in the crystal with regularity

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I would be disappointed to see Rem or Queen from any rainbow at this point, and would absolutely not pull on that banner. I rarely do a 5k pull and I'd be so salty if I got the more likely undesired outcome, even if that is technically better odds than I'm likely to get again on any single pull for that price.

Tillith appears to be safe for a bit longer it seems in any case but one - if that guaranteed 5* gives me Ayaka tomorrow.

(would rather have Christine right now though, holy smokes what a good unit)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I am going to save tickets for a while I reckon, but I'll still do 1/2 dailies on banners with units or TMRs that'd be cool to have. I think I'll use my 5* today hoping for that tiny chance at Christine, but curious to see what I'll get!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

He has clearly not had as much fun as I have and I pull all the time, so pull all the time y'all. If you get a ticket, spend the ticket. These things are worthless, do not pay for them, enjoy using them. Put on Luck Be A Lady or Viva Las Vegas and let your kid click the crystals or something. Apologies to whales & addicts alike

Got my first Reberta from the guaranteed! Now I'm extra hoping for a good GL exclusive enhancement batch. Love that little dragon, what a cool unit. Packing imperils and can stick her damage in the chain fine, but sucks we haven't got timed dragoons yet.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Really does not feel stingy to me since the rate-up. Perhaps that's because of a year of being used to the old way, they've just made me appreciate a lighter nut punch. But I've currently got more 5* bases un-leveled and un-awakened than I can do for some time. So far I've already got together a decent set of 3 7-star units that are going to be good if things proceed like in JP, and we have a ton of time left - every crystal could be that next "good one" duplicate (real change in the how-does-it-feel-to-pull-dupes meta since the announcements for sure)

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I don't even have better than Durandal or the Holy Spear for weapons to use with it but when I build my team around light element things get so easy with Orlandeu. I only had enough crysts to get his DR to +1, and he still does his job so well. Imperil + amazing chain bridger, he makes any units fit together with each other just about if you play around w/ the timing. I got a nearly complete chain (last two hits were non-chained) on the Gingerbread Trial-man for a 2nd turn KO after he murked the friend A2 I had with me for his dinner. I was using Orlandu DR, Grim Lord Sakura, and A2 OHC and was surprised not to see a bunch of 1-2 hit chains because of OHC, guess it just fit right in somehow between the others.

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Dec 30, 2017

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

JP is where they make a great (for a mobile) game that we all find occasionally compelling to play, while GL is where they carve poo poo off it and figure out how to sell it back to you for more

We get occasional QOL improvements before they do but they enjoy an objectively less gently caress-you design approach and everyone who has ever said "GL is a different game!" to excuse it is defending their own screwing

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Expeditions were a really good idea. I get so much use out of that feature. It's contributed more to my Tough and Burst pots than anything else, and who doesn't like Adventurer?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I beat the robot tankless. Heck of a fight, and it was right after I pulled A2. Glad I wised up to how rad tanks are in the meantime though.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Greater Marlboro proved to be a challenge beyond my team atm. I need to finish at least one Angel Earring because the gear compromises and TMR slots i'm losing on Mystea without it are dire. She needs more life and more defense than I can gear her for right now while still getting dark resist above 100%.

Everything is perfect until the 50% threshold, and then there are turns that can kill her even if she's using Guard, Pod-153 p shield, her Destination or her LB and mitigation from her AOE cover. I was almost able to win anyway due to some luck but when she met that fatal turn my party can't survive the wipe that ensues. It makes it impossible to get back on my feet later in the fight and once both Trance Terras died once they were never again able to stay alive long enough to use their damaging abilities. They died within two turns of winning the fight BTW - he was at 18%, and the mini marlboros lived through a slightly mistimed ACW+2 chain that left them at 3%. Their self-destruct killed Mystea. I was not able to close the app in time to try for better RNG on that turn or make a different choice and so, after trying for about 15 turns to get my party alive and able to dish out any kind of damage again unsuccessfully, I had to give up.

But, I only got that far because on one turn past the 50% Mystea lived with 5/7400 HP. More life, more defense. The rest of the ingredients in the fight were going great. It all fell apart when she died. Perhaps exacerbated by my party's lack of reraise, but I was relying on Cagnazzo in the only slot I could have given to Rikku and I found GLS to be unsustainable in this fight due to her high mana cost per turn to get the Marlboros down quickly. If I had Ayaka, I'd use her, but no such pull yet.

Quick question - Pod-153 does reduce a lot of the incoming damage, right? It's that weird magical damage, physical type that makes me unsure but I don't want to waste turns or the slots I'm using bringing two of these things on different characters to make my rotation smoother.

Edit: I am pretty tempted to try again tomorrow since I feel it was really that misclick on the Chaos Waves that hosed me. I might do it just to see if that really was it. After that turn I was never able to get Cagnazzo alive and using Defensive Stance, while Mystea was alive and using her Wall and DR ability, and both had status protection and Love You All+2, and both had Pod-153 shield. Just too much setup for one turn. If I had GLSes instead of Trance Terras and could solve the mana problem, she could do the important status protections and also be a source of tank reraise later on... Hrm.

This is both the fun part and the worst part of the game to me. Friggin marlboro I will beat you

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jan 4, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Ratzap posted:

5 of them had the different coloured gem, I didn't take a picture of that though. The other 2 were noctis and xon.

So... your rainbow crystals broke to non-rainbow units?

You had a great pull, with three rainbows (nice ones too!) and I am not sure why it needs to be 5 or where the 5 is coming from. I don't know if I believe that rainbow crystals broke to non-rainbow units in 2018 (and you're cool with that). :raise:

I got a second Werei and a second Veritas of the Heavens and also of the Waters from my 10+1. No rainbows of any sort from pulls on the xmas banner. Christine it was not meant to be

Agreed fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 4, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

These bastards are gonna get me. I was thinking "don't buy a thing 'til the Fountain of Lapis comes back, send a message" but I want some of these TMRs and the Gold Chest has me currently tricked into thinking of it as maybe worth something

But drat it the Fountain of Lapis should return. That felt like a pretty cheap pull (even if in the end I got nothing on-banner from it - such is gacha I guess, just as likely to get dick from a 5K now too but I'm feeling like a sucker right now)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jan 7, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Banner's going rough for me so far, only off-banner yellows. Not now! There's no time ;_;

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I'm using refresh pots to stock up on gil because I want to do Ramza for sure, and... eventually grind out at least one of Eileen or Fohlen depending. Probably Fohlen, love the chocabo and he's potted up

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Fohlen has made it into my party on purpose a lot even decently lately (well, when I went for Bahamut - innate reduce encounters that was not bugged!), despite not being super meta in his skillset (right on the edge, though, I remember when I pulled him thinking - "at least I finally pulled a chainer, but...") he nevertheless is easy to gear for full dodge, has innate provoke that's decent, and can do some damage at the same time

Noctis fills his role as provoking dodge tank that can still pack heat way better though, among the many things he does if you need it. I wish I'd pulled this dude in February instead of December but hey man better late than never

RNG can kiss my rear end btw I'm about 360 NRG into a quest for 5 Power Heavicrysts and I have so many guard and tech ones now, so many, still 5 to go on Power

It's a real bad streak, feeling like an rear end in a top hat for not getting turtles in exchange for that NRG right now.

(No sooner do I post than I get 2 power heavies in the next run, but still, this has been unfortunate a bit)

Agreed fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 8, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

actually one of the aileen enhancements is 50% attack from spear mastery and i am starting to wonder if 2x champions belt bumps into the 300% stat cap. also i guess she can perfect chain with inichol for the 10 man? although that cant elemental chain obviously so its not quite as good as camille will be

I wish I had 10 more mastery materia. Using Large Sword Mastery + Proud Fencer for that, of course Aigaion's kit of punchfist stuff for powerful robo-fisting, and Sworn Six's Pride Wind to give spear's the edge

I have enough Leons that getting a Dark Knight Soul would be a 1500 lapis venture so I might knock that one out soon as I am now using Lightbringer on Orlandeau... I also use A2 as my main grinder physical DPS but I am in love with the oldman for his single slot utility now that I've got his passives to +2 and Divine Ruination to +2 (ended up being more than 700 NRG to get a total of 8 power heavicrysts, wooo)

Maybe I should have waited for Aileen but until I got Aileen I didn't even have a good source of earth element damage for my A2 (and I still don't, as I haven't TMR'd her yet and dunno when that will be the priority). Now Aileen is suddenly even more badass than the oldman, and I've spent my resources on him. Welp. I can still get three high Atk physical attackers with light element and none with earth.

Gonna have to grind like crazy to get support crysts for Ramza too - NRG pots you are not long for this account

Agreed fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Jan 9, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

1/2 price daily got me a Rainbow descending from the clouds! And inside, Jiraiya. A unit I will level but probably not use, because I seem to be at the point where I always have some cactaurs comin' in, but I am mainly interested in that TMR. I don't see why they couldn't make its DW a little more useful - 2x katanas only? Couldn't be a Katana and a Sword or something? Still I'll still let Noctis use it to be badder rear end at what he does - meta or not he's become a mainstay in my party for versatility and his convenient breaks, and I bet I can get his mag to 500 with his Atk at 1K or more with that...

One of these days maybe I will pull an Ayaka

Agreed fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Jan 13, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Had to get lucky now.

This morning my 1/2 is the lovely new ninja with the "like Noctis', but not-tis" TMR (that I am still farming right now because BIS or not, what a handy item to have for my team - always needing more Atk and Mag accessories)

Tonight my last ticket is a rainbow! ... on the King's Knight banner, where I am still trying for my first Kaliva. I'm thinking "please not Ray Jack" when I see the beautiful rainbow come down, but no amount of wishing stopped him from being in it.

At least his TMR is fine IMO, 40% Atk without conflicting with other mastery materia or weapon slots. I use A2 and Orlandeau often, ergo I can make good use of this. In fact since I was pretty enthusiastic about raid participation this go-around I had the moogles ready and it got my A2 right to the 300% cap finally. Now even just with Durandal still she's at 1132 Atk, 6677 life, 427 Def and 183 Spr. :shrug:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 14, 2018

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

WebDO posted:

Six gold crystals on the Kings Knight banner, every time denying my dragon bro. Then one more occurs, turning to rainbow.

Well poo poo, is Veritas of Fire still king of happy ending mountain?

I mean it's a lot better than Ray Jack let me tell you

I did get a dragon at least, but I sure would like one Kaliva to try some stuff on GLS / be ready for the next gently caress-you-dolphins meta shift

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I know man I really hoped that they had meant for Sparky to have it. Makes a lot of sense to keep the unit viable but hey man don't let that get in the way of telling me to gently caress myself Gumi

Then they're like "no we heard you! welcome to the new TDH meta! Stock up!"

and then I hard pulled on it (for me, which is just I used all my in game resources darn it) to get four rainbows that aren't cloud or elf, so, the point of all this is just that gacha is a joke and I am not that bright y'all, none too... none too sharp

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Well if you're going play this game you simply have to have pulled on all the previous banners in a whale-like fashion, dahling. You simply must.

*shares A2/2B*

4 off banner rainbows during Cloud / Elf, no TDH fuckery for me. I got A2 after saving a shitload of tickets for the nier event, but now I guess 2B is the real damage dealer supreme due to the crazy LB and FD builds.

So sad I didn't even get one TDH thing for Olive, man.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

I am sad that the breaks use black crysts like Orlandeau's breaks. Because I just enhanced those and now I'm skint ;_;

But at least now I can finally do a decent party-wide buff. Zarg, you're on the ropes, get enhanced buddy!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Office Thug posted:

Locke only affects the drop chance for T1-2 crysts in story events, which are all 100% guaranteed already, so nope he doesn't do poo poo. Same thing for Pods, although those can still help if you put them on your Xons to build chains up with Mirage.

The more Xons you bring though, the better. Their drop rate buffs stack and improve the rate of getting T3/4s. The Great Raven Cape also stacks and it's literally worth 2 Xons, since it's a 100% buff instead of just 50%.

However, once you stack enough drop-rate buffs to get ~most~ of the T3/4 drop chances to 100%, adding more Xons won't help either. That break-off point is when you reach 6 Xons, or 4 Xons + Raven Cape. Adding another Xon or friend unit Xon or friend Xon with Cape etc. won't affect all the major T3/4 drops and only improve the very rare extra T3/4 drops that can happen once in a blue moon. It's basically more worthwhile bringing good hitters/supports at that point.

I run the chamber with one Locke, 4 Xons, one of whom is leveled, and one of the Xons has two Pod-153s too

I don't understand how but I assume voodoo magic helps me get more drops. (Or maybe it's just that 1x each active effect is cumulatively perceptible in the shorter term of drop rates versus running with a non-bonus party at all, which is my only real point of comparison...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

ApplesandOranges posted:

Daily: Rainbow! Finally! Give me my 100% bonus unit!

....Marie. Urgh. I mean she's a great elemental protection unit, but I have a lot of sources for that (Ayaka, Zargabaath, Rikku, GL Sakura). She's not redundant, but it's a bit of a blah pull.

Marie has been a staple of my trials, but partly that's because I am still using Tillith so I need to turn her Prism Heal into a heal that keeps parties alive, and Marie's drat near 3K per turn regen from Love You All+2 takes care of that. Her Lovely Guard +2 status protection + 40% spr/def is better than nothing too and has been very useful in certain situations. Since she's fairly flexible to gear and does not have actions she has to take every single turn, she makes a great Rikku's Pouch and Pod-153 user. And, as someone else pointed out, Rainbow Robe is amazing.

I got Ramza enhanced and have his Spr over 400 but his Hero's Rime is still only feeding about 1800 HP/turn of regen. I usually didn't have her Spr even to 400 and I was getting at least 2600 to about 3K HP regen from her. Combined with her elemental protections, really good unit IMO

• Locked thread