Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here’s my Olive with almost BIS. All I need is one Elfreeda to take the place of an earring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/80kvif/ffbe_promptography/

Thread of the day. Loved the family portrait, I was dying with laughter.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TRIGGER WARNING

JP is getting a FOURTH Final Fantasy Type 0 event and banner.

It’s official, FFBE can now drop a deuce...

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/80mmr9/jp_maint_type0_mk_30m_dl_campaign_spring_boxes/
:negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh we’ll get a lottery all right. $4.99 per ticket...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Early access and they will restore the four unit requirement that got nerfed in JP when they screamed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lol I’ve been doing exactly that since Olive got enhanced. I grinded two Tonitrus for my dual Cids and use Olive to imperil. Come join us, we’re puttin the Thundah back into the Thunder God Cid.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/814hix/gl_30_million_download_celebration/

All the details. Some interesting things coming. Free 10+1 tomorrow.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:shepspends:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wait till they announce the price, gumi may try to pull a fast one...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

With Tidus and Rikku getting March enhancements, it’s probably a safe bet that the delayed FFX Mog event will be this month too, after the Tomb Raider raid.

Likely scenario is:
3/9 - CG Fina and her accompanying story map event
3/16 - Lara Croft and the never ending raid orbs...
3/23 - FFX King Mog, Yuna/Lulu banner and March enhancements
3/30 - Easter event? (Good Friday is this day, if they have an Easter event planned like last year, this is the likely spot for it.)

Other things that could get sprinkled in include:
The ultimate versions of Brachiasaur, Demon Chimera, and White Dragon
Chamber of Fallen: Legendary Stud (Supposedly it’s a wimpy deer)
Chamber of Arms: Alhena https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6gri5m/12_weapons_no_3_alhena_observation/
Chamber of Fallen: Iron Giant
Chocobo expeditions
Siren 3* esper fight
Ifrit 3* esper fight

That takes us up to CG Jake according to the JP release schedule. Depending on how much effort goes into the Easter event (if we get one), the next main story update could come out that week as well, then CG Jake two weeks later.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 5, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/1142/lara-croft-arrives-on-final-fantasy-brave-exvius

Lara Croft next week, also one free Ashe and one free Lightning...

:psyduck:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll be honest, I hope the whole thing is a typo and tomb Raider isn’t coming till the week after. CG Fina when???

:argh:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yup, four weeks of raid orb consumption.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The :tinfoil: theories on Reddit are that this is because Gumi has not released their gacha rates for each item in their game (and their other games?) and therefore Apple is not allowing their update to go through.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://venturebeat.com/2018/03/08/apple-stops-nintendo-square-enix-ios-game-updates-after-tightening-loot-box-rules/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah. Just think it’s funny to see the theory get a mainstream internet article.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I know why Apple is delayed. The App Store guy who approves things walked into one of those glass walls at the Apple campus and had to call 911.

https://sf.curbed.com/2018/3/5/17083082/apple-park-911-calls-employees-injuries-glass-walls

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:negative:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Daily Half = Gold = Mystea #2. Is she a good 7*/have a good STRM? (Not that I think 7*s are coming before Fall at the earliest, but still doesn't hurt to hold on)

Gold units will not be getting a 7* upgrade, unfortunately. Only rainbow pulls.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wyrmthang posted:

Since we are asking for special units, does anyone have a Tilith unit they can set up for Aigaion that I can use? I've got a team together who can handle the damage, raising, taunting and all the rest of his mess. I just need a healer who can cut the mustard and doesn't use magic. From what I read Tilith is that healer and I don't have her :(

Send me an invite and I’ll set one up that will only die if you fail to mitigate the punch correctly.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 13, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Wyrmthang posted:

Cartoon man, you rule my man.

:hfive:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ugato posted:

Could you swap back to Tillith? I need a second go at the world destroyer.

All done, good luck.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dongattack posted:

How big is the download of the latest boyband Final Fantasy on steam? I'm considering getting it, but the required space says 100gigs and my connection loving sucks.

Edit: oh my bad, i thought this was a FF megathread in my rush

Stick around, we have all the fan favorite Final Fantasy characters like Lara Croft, Ariana Grande, and Bedile.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't even have enough to get Quick Hit all the way enhanced, I'm probably better off sticking with Orlandeu for now.

:same:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I hope we get the April’s Fool bundle for .99 again. It was designed to troll F2P into loosing their cherry.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Six hours till maintenance.
https://timee.io/20180322T0600?d=480&tl=GL%20Maintenance

Friend point bonus summons is expiring.
Amazing enhancements is expiring.
All chambers open is expiring.
Mog Store is open one more day.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/863uia/gl_maintenance_what_is_ending_and_when/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

124 tickets
6 gold tickets
1 5,000 Lapis sacrificial pull to appease Gumi

My rainbow haul in order:

Cloud (third)
Kunshira
Reberta (fourth, hello unknown supertm)
Elfreeda (First! Hurray!)
Greg (WHERE THE loving gently caress HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF?! :argh:)
Gladiolus (2nd... :rip:)

And Finally Fina :unsmith:

26 Erwin
6 wadow

Most importantly:
2 Bediles

Still have 24 tickets and 25 gold tickets.

CG NICHOL WHEN

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Olif is on quickfarm and should be done by Monday. Tinkerbow quickfarm is next and shouldn’t take long either. The Patriotic reacall will come off and dual wield go on. She’s fully potted (including ATK, lol) and her LB is almost maxed too because gently caress it, why not.

She’s ready for you boys...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Well, finally got an on banner 5*. And it's Kunshira. :geno:

She doesn't seem too bad from looking over her skills, at least. She gets a huge range of imperils and a suite of elemental resists, even though I probably won't depend on her for those over just bringing in Marie. Her LB sounds like it could potentially be devastating though. 18x Hybrid damage at max versus 13.2 base, so I'm gonna have to level that. Course I'm completely and utterly tapped out on LB pots because I keep pulling characters that are actually worth leveling.

Is there any consensus on whether or not Kunshira will synergize well with Fryevia? I'm half tempted to try and make a hybrid team of Fryevia, Kunshira, Noctis and support/healers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/86tcbe/unit_review_kunshira_final_fantasy_brave_exvius/

All you want to know and more should be in there.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Oh god, I just 1/2 pulled Fina number two.

:psyboom:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

still no resolution on my friends gift bullshit error lol.

managed to half pull a Basch today, and my 30M ticket gave me a Lunera.

Do I have any use for Lunera if I already have enhanced Ramza?

Lunera has much better MP refresh but lower stats boost. It’s arguable as to which is more needed.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I’ve still been slowly just spending 20-30 minutes chipping away at rerolling and I pulled a blossom sage Sakura, but no other real good ones. From reading her review by that sperg on the ffbe forums(memelord or something like that?) she seems pretty good.

If you wanna just get going that’s a solid damage unit that will clear most beginner content for a whiles. When you get to the end game trials, she’s a magic finisher which is kind of a niche roll. Finishers in general are usually only practical for whales going for a one hit kill. Most hard fights won’t have room on a team for her except for the 10 man fights.

If you have the patience, you absolutely want to keep re rolling till Fina shows up. It’s going to suck and you’ll want to scream, but she is basically a beginners (wet) dream unit. Her damage dealing will easily carry you through all newbie content and oh by the way she’s also going to be your healer forever.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 25, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

I don’t think I’ve taken him out of my party since I got him. His attacks and enemy status lowerers are good and ‘Spirit of the Fighter’ is ridiculous

Was it a while ago? I don’t think so. But I keep getting this maid dual wielding handguns and she just looks so ridiculous. Was she a story char a while back?

Yup Amelia’s the fixer for the Zoldaad empire. Had her own story event with Ilias, Fohlen, and somebody else that’s forgettable.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 25, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah sorry I wasn’t more specific. Make sure you try and get her before her banner goes away. She’s what we call a “meta defining” unit in that she sets the bar for healing alongside Ayaka. But unlike Ayaka she comes with fantastic damage skills/spells which will plow through all the easy content with no issues once you can max her.

Getting a good healer early in the game is hard for new players. With Lotus Mage Fina you’re set for the rest of your account until the 7* meta hits and even then you’ll do just fine.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

What’s CG stand for?

A CG (computer generated) movie cutscene plays when you use her Limit Break, just like when you summon an esper. See for yourself in her special vortex mission where you can test drive the unit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Honestly, I’d just keep pulling till Lotus Mage Fina shows up and then go. There are only two 5* healers in the S tier, LM Fina and Ayaka, but there are plenty of good chain DPS that will drop in good time as you play the game. The only other unit that might make me stop and go would be Basch. His dual ability to tank magic and physical make him too good to pass up, IMO.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/978074206352166913

:rip:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

KDdidit posted:

With all the dumb rear end 5* dupes I have, the 2 Ray Jacks might be the worst.

Put em on the shelf next to Fencer and the other Crystal Defenders. Ain’t gonna be no 7*, they’ll sweep this one under the rug and pretend it never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Just go, Fina has all the DPS you want for early to mid content. The 5* chainers will eventually drop, especially with the rainbow drop rate increase we got before Christmas. A decent healer may never drop and you now have the best in the game that will last for as long as you play.

• Locked thread