Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So is enhanced Ramza superior to Roy? I was so stoked to pull a roy off banner that I almost don't want to sit him even with a better option but I'm not sure if that's the case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Awesome thanks. It kinda looks like Ramza gets to the 100% boost faster but Roy can do way more and has a AoE break so yeah ill prob stick with my boy I call Roy. Also I appreciate seeing his entourage afterwards which is clearly a big plus for him

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

So is this new banner worth pulling on? Last 5 star I pulled was the new Sakura who seems p decent, but I've been getting nothing but garbage since then. 10+1 ticket was pure trash and if these new 5 stars aren't anything to write home about I'll prob sit it out for a couple weeks.

Edit - hmm just pulled an olive off of an ex ticket, is she still usable? I run cloud and onion knight for my physical damage guys but she has ability awakenings if I'm not mistaken. Are they enough to bump her up to the upper ranks?

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 23, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Awesome thanks a bunch everyone. Clouds been a decent finisher for me and I just like having him fart around out there, but after potting her up and awakening 1 level of her mastery ability it looks like Olive can really rock that Atk stat something fierce.

Does anyone run blossom Sakura? I've been tag teaming her with grim Sakura for my magic damage and some support since b Sakura has that awesome 100% booster. I'm always torn on who to drop out though, since my top units are onion knight, cloud, the Sakura sisters, Roy and Ayaka.

I do have a lunera as well that I've been contemplating working in if she? might be more effective than cloud or some such, but it looks like a pretty ginormous investment to awaken all that stuff and I don't want to have it turn out to be garbo .

Is there a rough thread consensus of who's a must run out of that crew? Also if there's a clear choice for best friend unit to put up and max out with the best gear and such, or at least one for physical damage and one for magic?

Anywho thanks again for the replies it's always appreciated!

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Feb 24, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

So who would you guys prefer as a friend unit for general use? Trying to figure out who would be the most useful out of my lineup.

My top options are:

Onion knight, roughly 1090 Atk

Explorer Eileen, 1130 Atk

Also have cloud around 1200, and olive around 1300 but I don't have her special attack awakened yet.

For magic I've got
Blossom sage Sakura at about 920 mag

And grim lord Sakura at 998 mag.

I'm sitting on about 120 moogle points so I can whip out a trust master here or there. Thinking about getting desch earnings or something that'll boost mag.

Anyway let me know who you think will help the most and I'll slap them up there. Currently rockin exp Eileen since I think she's the best physical character I've got to the best of my knowledge

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Sweet lotus fina in 14 regular tickets. Thanks game! The gacha gods have been relatively kind to me the past few banners it scares me for the future. Is the other 5 star worth pulling for too? Although I guess maybe it's a good time to shoot for doubling up.

Edit nvm I decided to toss one last ticket on to even out the number and ended up with back to back rainbows and got him whether I wanted to or not. Prob would've preferred to get another lotus but never look a gacha horse in the mouth I think! Of course it will probably 4 months before I see another rainbow again but oh well enjoy it while it lasts I suppose

Edit edit drat I think somethings broken right now because I just pulled 3 rainbows in a row. Sucks that the double was Kunshira and not fina but hell I'll take it

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 23, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

new kind of cat posted:

i haven't gotten a rainbow in the last 8 or so 10+1 pulls i've done, it's making me salty as hell.

Ugh yeah it's one thing for summon tickets to come up dry but dumping a bunch of lapis and getting nothing is extra infuriating, for me anyway. It's also the thing that will make me step off the game for a month or two. It's absolutely absurd to not pull a rainbow if you're dropping like 30k lapis and not getting anything to show for it. No game should have such a lovely drop rate.

Oh also are either fina or the puppy worthy friend units, or would people still prefer onion knight or Explorer Eileen? Since fina can double as a mage and healer it seems like she might help some peeps out. Or is that not worth losing a physical chaining unit?

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 23, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Bubba Fuzz posted:

Three rainbows on today's free ticket: Ramza #1, Ace #4, and a 10% moogle. Do these things have bumped up drop rates or did I somehow burn six months of luck on one ticket?

It's just that kind of day. I pulled 3 straight rainbows on summon tickets today. I've never even been close to that before so yeah I'm sure it's gonna be a looooong time before I see one of those things again.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Huh so my bonus 3 pull and 10 ticket netted me a ninja dude who sucks but I finally finally got me an Orlandu. I'm also sitting on a Titus and slowly awakening his stuff, so between the 2 who's the better option? Or should I roll with both of them once I awaken them and replace my onion knight? I'm currently using Explorer Eileen as my physical finisher so that would make my lineup something like

E.eileen, Titus, orlandu, lotus fina/Ayaka and then blossom or goth Sakura. Do either Titus or orlandu chain better than ok? OK seems to really only chain well with other onion Knights and I'm wondering if those other 2 are a little more universal

Man I've been lucking out hella good with rainbows lately

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Thank you all for the replies! Decisions decisions. Does anyone else suffer from recency bias when they play this game? I always want to shoehorn in whatever latest relatively decent 5 star I just pulled regardless of whether or not they're actually better than guys I already have. It's weird it feels like I'm wasting a guy if I don't use them at least a little bit

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Haha yeah that sounds about pretty close to what I end up doing too. I guess expeditions end up giving them some use, but every once in a while I'll toss in a folian or dk Cecil to clear some story quests just to get some kind of use out of them now and again

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Aw I was all pumped to burn through my ticket stash chasing Sephiroth only to have my hopes crushed here in finding out he's not all that great apparently? Or is that in the Japan meta? Also I somehow ended up with 4 kunisheras, which also happened to me with Araya. Aside from those two Ramza is my only other dupe unit but I guess I'll have healing and support covered if they are worth anything at the next level.

Eh maybe I'll dump all my regular tickets and save my 4 star guaranteed for that Cid person someone was talking about. That way I can double my disappointment!

So aside from Cid, are there any other must pull units suspected to be on the horizon?

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Right on thanks that's good to keep in the back of the old brain pan. 7 stars are still a ways off by most estimations yeah? Like 5 months or something like that?

The only thing that kept me from going hog wild on the batch banners are the miniscule odds of getting the rainbows I actually want. I certainly would love a ttera or dark fina but with my luck it'd be ninja guy 3 times in a row. Ah well maybe I'll luck out anyway since I have a habit of pulling rainbows on the banner after their own.

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 11, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Yeah it doesn't get any better. This stupid game is stupid. Over a hundred pulls and got 5 rainbows, and every single loving one of them was trash except maybe Beatrix. Ended up with another gilgamesh, another prish, another jirayia, and another loving kunishera which brings my total of that stupid loving thing to 5. What the gently caress am I supposed to do with 5 of the same unit. Oh and of course the guaranteed unit I got was Lila.

I think now is a fine time to give this dumb game a good long break. It wouldn't be so bad if I actually got a use able 7 star out of the deal but to end up with nothing but garbage after all that is really kind of annoying. Not a single on banner rainbow except the one at the end. That's pretty lovely even by this games criminal drop rates

Pokemaster #421 fucked around with this message at 09:34 on May 11, 2018

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

poo poo deffo better than I faired. All I want are some dupes for down the road that aren't kunishera :(

Unless prish is amazing at 7 star yeah maybe right Oh God someone please tell me her or gilgamesh are the best 7 stars in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

PaybackJack posted:

Let me get you a blanket, a hot chocolate and some tissues. I have some bad news for you.

:( well poo poo sooner or later I'm bound to stumble upon a passable dupe eventually. Maybe I'll get super lucky and manage to pull back to back sepherhahahaha Oh my lord no not even gonna pretend that's possible. How's this Lila gal as a consolation prize anyway? Nothings really jumping out at me as spectacular but maybe I'm missing something

• Locked thread