Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
There's an evil gingerbread man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

They need to add FFT style expedition results dialogue to expeditions. Instead of success the units can tell you "I had a good feeling!"

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Scrublord Prime posted:

Ugh, can we keep the King's Knight banner on half pull instead Gumi? :negative:

Why would we want this

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

hamburgers in pockets posted:

So, are we supposed to get our enhancement batch tonight or next week? I know event content cycles on Thursday nights but we usually have enhancements and awakenings right after maintenance. I was kinda hoping to blow all my support crysts on Ramza while the raid event was still going.

Edit: Turns out I'm an idiot who can't read

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cleared 5 slots, friend me jerks

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Slack Motherfucker posted:

I sent both of you a request from Iadria. If anyone else has spots for a newer player, my code is 206,455,829 :)

Oh poo poo, I'm sorry dude I had 5 slots and 7 requests, yours didn't have anything SA related so I didn't accept it, I can clear off another jobber and send you a request

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I also didn't get the in game message but the discord was all over it so I was prepared. (Join the discord)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

^^ Grats on your Olan

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I got a Crowe. I liked Crowe, too bad she has like thirty seconds of screen time. She's got damage reduction skills, so she's not useless.

Her TM is top tier though! So that's good.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I was going to enhance both my aileens but then i realized it would be a waste when 7* comes out because one of them eats the other one.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Mischalaniouse posted:

I tried DFFOOOOO but it seems just kinda boring. No where near the depth that FFBE has, though we're still really early on in DFFOO so it could just more complex. I just don't really care enough to continue playing.

I mean if you think about it, that's like saying FFBE had no depth when the only content out was Grandshelt Island. FFBE only started to get complex when Demon Chimera showed up, and then when Wind Veritas ambushed you from the bushes on the 4th island or wherever. So I'd give it some time and see what it has to offer in a few months.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Wait, I have to use actual $$ to get the guaranteed 5*? Seriously, gently caress this game

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I got a daily Rem, and two days ago Ramza off my free. Seems that the closer i come to quitting, the more rainbows I get off throwaway pulls :tinfoil:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

His TM is debatably BiS for someone... maybe?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Alright folks time to take down your lovely Steiners that no one wants to use anyway, and put back up your A2's/TGC's with beast killer tia

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Generally, a killer is better than anything +40% ATK or lower, and not as good as 50% or higher.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

hagie posted:

I got my first Delita.

I was so let down I felt like I got Bediled.

Delita owns. He's been on my main squad for literally every single event we've had since I pulled him. Every story event, every raid event, every KM event, the only exceptions are those immune to breaks. 65% Def/Spr breaks are gigantic, and have allowed me to OHKO of basically everything. If you have a Pod/Pouch in addition to his normal kit, he becomes the ultimate support unit/breaker.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

KDdidit posted:

Well, that didn't clear it up.

How? Man-Eater is better than any of the +30% of +40% ATK materias.. (Quick Assault, Widsom, Proud Fencer, etc) but not better than the 50% of 60% (Weapon type mastery, Sworn Six's Pride - Dark, etc) for overall damage.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

hmm.. maybe poach is what I was thinking of then.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

MohShuvuu posted:

pull the plug on the game

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

It doesn't come out until tomorrow. It's a preemptive apology for something they are not going to bother to fix in the 24 hours they have to fix it.

Same as that time they told us like 3 days in advance that a bug would cause all their bundles to disappear in 3 days.Then they apparently didn't try to fix it in those 3 days, and sure enough, they disappeared.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Let's have a Xenogears villains banner with ID, Grahf, and the guy with the big X on his face.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

All the DQ characters as they currently are are terrible because of months of powercreep and this banner is a hard pass. LMS is the only barely usable one for it's gimmick of super high DEF/SPR but low HP.... but it's a triple 4* banner, and anyone who went for Tilith and didn't get her knows the horror that can be. His TM is also very good, 49 Def Light Shield with a Ribbon stapled to it.

That being said, there's a very real possibility that they give them all Globex Buffs, because theyre not going to make any money releasing them as is and hoping for notalgia. Depending on what those are the banner could be good.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

iloverice posted:

Is there a good place to find updated BiS for most characters?

This is the builder NinjaD is referring to. It's really quite awesome. It takes a bit to set up, but once you get it down you can plug in whatever dude you want and it calculate him as best you can make him. You can even input all 5 of your teammates and it will give them the best of what's left over of your equipment. You can also tailor the build to specific enemy types and elements. You just need to give it access to your google drive, and it will save a raw spreadsheet with the data it pulls from.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Built a VoD to solo the Beasts of the Dark trial for another goon, and I figured whoever else can use him while he's up.

Cast Graviga on yourself turn 1 in order to activate VoD's 100% ATK/DEF buff for the whole fight, then just hit auto and go make a sandwich. It helps if you turn on auto-limit, as his LB comes with 64% Def break that will make things go a lot faster.

If you want all the conditions, you need to bring a unit with Hide or Lie Low equipped with Siren.
Just keep hiding over and over until the esper bar charges, and use your summon on the turn one of the espers dies (so on their next turn the esper does their buff instead of murdering you) then just go back to hiding every 3 turns or whatever.

edit: Also I deleted a bunch of inactives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I will definitely send you a request when servers are up. Manatee is my game name.

Hey I just accepted your request but I took VoD down temporarily because someone else wanted to use my GLS for a trial. I'll have him back up later tonight for you.

• Locked thread