Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I'm interested if it isn't already full. I asked one of my players if I could use her character from my bumbling civil servant game, because I enjoyed her so much. It's been too long since I got a chance to play a game instead of just running them. New to pbp rules tho, so hopefully I don't gently caress up and embarrass myself.

Meredith Andersen, former member of TFV who blackmailed her CO so that she could "quit" (faking her own death) at the finale of the last game. Now she's trying to build a new life outside TFV under an assumed identity: Jane Washington.

She's kind of a bumbler, a bit literal sometimes, and inevitably the "group mom" of any group she becomes a part of. Think Marge Gunderson from Fargo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
That'd actually work well with this character I think, since she was a grunt and got out because she was sick of being sent into dangerous situations where her superiors were withholding useful information. But if you still don't like the idea of a former TFV agent being a part of this, that's fine.

Also, I don't have the core 2e book but I'm pretty sure I have the rules down since I have the free rules update pdf and also the Promethean 2e book. The only problem I have is that I don't see these integrity questions anywhere...

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Mors Rattus posted:

I'm fine with it! Just wanted to be clear - that's why TFV wasn't on the list. You can be ex-TFV, just not active.

The Integrity questions are:

1. What is the worst thing your character has ever done, from their own perspective?

2. What is the worst thing your character can imagine themselves doing?

3. What is the worst thing your character can imagine someone else doing?

4. What strange, inexplicable or otherwise supernatural event has your character forgotten? (Everyone in the World of Darkness has run into weird poo poo. Most people repress, forget or just move on.)

5. What is the most traumatic thing that has ever happened to your character?

Got it. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf4lyh1ec5fs3qf/Meredith.pdf?dl=0

1. Accidentally killing her boss when working as a personal bodyguard.
2. Accidentally killing a human.
3. Torture.
4. That the nice Italian man her Valk squad was working with performed literal Satanic magic.
5. When her boss (see answer 1) was revealed to be a werewolf and she killed him in a panic while he was distracted.

Let me know if I hosed anything up. I was updating a character from a 1e sheet rather than going from scratch so I may have missed something that should have been changed.

John Dyne posted:

Okay I'm confused. Is 1e oWoD in this regard? Or what?

Because I have the Hunter the Vigil book and that's it.

Hunter the Vigil is nWoD 1e right now. The book you have is, at least. Mortal Remains and the book simply called Chronicles of Darkness can be used with it to update it to work with the 2e rules. There's also a free rules update pdf on drivethrurpg, which I got.

Basically, Chronicles of Darkness is nWoD 2e.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I still have to write backstory (i'll get to that today), but I was wondering about that. My character is former tier 3, but I was considering her more of tier 1 at this point. I could have her maybe joining up with the Union before the game starts since that kinda fits her now. Depends on what works better for you, Mors.

And if I played the "well she used to be TFV so she has some leftover advanced armory" the only thing I could really give her is 3 magazines of Etheric rounds that she can't ever get resupplied on.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

John Dyne posted:

I always figured the tiers were how aware you are of the monsters and conspiracies and all that. Like, once you know about Task Force Valkyrie and their anti-vampire plasma cannons, you ALWAYS know about ask Force Valkyrie and their anti-vampire plasma cannons.

I may be wrong on that though.

Well, sort of. But there's a difference between knowing about anti-vampire plasma cannons and having access to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Mors Rattus posted:

Xinder: if you could put those answers together with a basic background writeup as well as your sheet link, that'd be great. I'll look at the sheet after I get home from work today.

Alright, here we go. Sorry it took a bit longer than expected. Holidays and such.

Meredith Andersen is a third-generation Danish immigrant from rural Minnesota. She went straight into the private security business after high school, as her uncle had connections and it paid more than going into law enforcement. Her skills with a gun did not take long to get noticed, but more importantly her general friendly demeanor got her repeat work she wouldn't have gotten otherwise. While not an intimidating woman, a certain type of clientele preferred having someone upbeat to talk to during downtime and travel.

This included the CEO of a major (for the region at least) corporation, who ended up hiring her on retainer at age 25. She'd been working for him for a few months when one night he had a meeting in a secluded warehouse. Which honestly, wasn't too unusual for the guy. What was unusual was when the SWAT team busted through the window and began screaming at her and her boss. The boss who was somehow replaced by a giant hulking monster quite suddenly. After a few minutes of panic, which she doesn't remember very well, she remembers finding herself standing over her boss' naked body, riddled with bullets, and the smoking gun in her own hand. That gun is now her prized possession, and she only takes it off her waist to sleep and shower. The "SWAT team" revealed themselves to her as a Task Force VALKYRIE hit squad, who were impressed by her marksmanship and ability to take down a werewolf, offering her a position in their organization. Realizing how bad it looked for someone in her line of work to have a client die, she decided to take them up on the offer.

Fast forward 12 years of grunt work as a Valk agent. She made many friends amongst the grunts, but somehow never seemed to climb the ranks, instead being transferred around the country every few years for seemingly no reason. More than a decade of working for the organization took its toll on her. She was never told "more than she needed to know" and that often meant valuable intelligence that could have saved the lives of squadmates wasn't "needed to know for the mission". Her last transfer was to a squad in Los Angeles, whom ended up dealing with spirits and wizards and other wizards who were invoking the name of Satan and summoning demons. Cap it all off with the reveal that the squad's CO was a vampire himself and that someone further up the chain was aware of this and was okay with it, and she had enough.

At the conclusion of the mission, she teamed up with one of her squadmates to catch the vampire CO in a compromising position, at which point they managed to exert some leverage over him and had themselves officially marked KIA and "disappeared" with the intent to put all the TFV nonsense behind them. The two soon went their separate ways, however. Meredith used her "severance pay" (read: blackmail money) to purchase a false identity with the name Jane Washington and situated herself in the "Four Corners" region. She has no intention of interacting with TFV again, but does intend to continue protecting people from the monsters that lurk in the dark...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf4lyh1ec...redith.pdf?dl=0

1. Accidentally killing her boss when working as a personal bodyguard.
2. Accidentally killing a human.
3. Torture.
4. That the nice Italian man (Lucifuge) her Valk squad was working with performed literal Satanic magic.
5. When her boss was revealed to be a werewolf and she killed him in a panic while he was distracted.

How's that, Mors? Too much? Not enough?

• Locked thread