Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

owns. guess the thread can be closed now

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

My dream phone is 4.0-4.5 inches with a 3300+ mah battery and headphone jack. This apparently does not exist unless I want a phone from 2011. So I can absolutely forget about one with all that PLUS a loving keyboard.

get an iPhone SE and a keyboard case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

My dream phone is 4.0-4.5 inches

“phone”

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

I consider the thickness more important, tbh.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
The average smartphone screen size is 5.5"? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mental Hospitality posted:

Some guy (who I think is actually a goon), crowdfunded a massively successful Moto Mod Keyboard that should be available soon. Granted, these attach to 5.5 in phones, but a Moto Z play has a monster battery, headphone jack, and nearly stock Android. Plus the keyboard has a built in battery of its own.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keyboard-mod-a-physical-keyboard-for-the-moto-z#/

https://youtu.be/CdDSy_RNfGI

This would be absolutely loving perfect if the phone weren't that big. I can palm a basketball and I have no idea how anyone uses a phone bigger than 5" with one hand. I cannot reach the top left side of the goddamn screen with my thumb.

If this ever comes out for the original Pixel I will be the happiest man ever

The fact that this kickstarter was successful shows there has to be some demand for it.

OldAlias posted:

get an iPhone SE and a keyboard case

I honestly tried to like iPhones. I bought an 5s and used it for a month. The size was perfect and I loved the battery life and the build quality seemed awesome but it cannot be understated how much I loving hate iOS. I can live with it on an iPad but on a cell phone? No way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Away all Goats posted:

my friends and I care deeply about the color of text boxes

same

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
Is this thread still going? Just put the corporate dick that looks the prettiest, to you, in your mouth and go to town. Don't care about any of the haters. Personal preference is just that, personal ;)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
pistol grip on a 104 key windows keyboard is highly illegal

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://9to5mac.com/2017/12/28/apple-store-chicago-snow-roof/

quote:

Apple opened its new flagship retail store in Chicago earlier this year to much acclaim, but as the weather turns from fall to winter, a design oversight is causing some problems. As reported by Chicago blog Spundart, Apple seemingly didn’t design the MacBook Air-like roof of the store to account for snow…in Chicago…

Apple’s newest Chicago store garnered earlier attention for its roof design that mimics a MacBook Air, but one clear oversight is that there are no gutters to catch snow or ice. Furthermore, as the multi-level store sits along the Chicago River, the roof is sloped downward, meaning that anyone standing on the walkway along the river gets hit with falling snow and ice.

hahahaha

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
I don't know why people like Animoji, seems like the stupidest part of the X instead of one of the main features.

The only thing that was slightly funny was my friends recording obscene phrases coming from a unicorn.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the roof should have been sloped upward so the snow would fall back into the sky and then into space

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I was lollin at that auto correct as well

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i got the iphone x

its good

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Blue Raider posted:

i got the iphone x

its good

:same:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Blue Raider posted:

i got the iphone x

its good

My 5s does everything the same lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/trevorjd14/status/937015870240501760

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
When your friend texts you back with a green text bubble ._.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I keep seeing the text bubble color referenced all over the place. Is that an actual thing people care about in the US? Do people still widely use SMS?

Basically everyone under 50 is on whatsapp or some other IM app here, but I know the US can be a bit backwards so maybe you guys have some Smartphone Great America Freedom law that makes even the tiniest data transfers cost a million bucks?

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Android users use hangouts, Apple users use..whatever the gently caress they got. Both apps avoid SMS if everyone is using the same app/phone type. But a lot of people still have these plans where they only get 200 or so txts because they negotiated bad plans with their carriers and are too stressed out to change it.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Blue Raider posted:

i got the iphone x

its good

Counterpoint: Apple is the Aaron Diaz of tech companies.

edit: Wrong thread for that reference. In any case, Apple is bad and dumb.

CaptainSarcastic fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 29, 2017

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
:wrong:

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

bloom posted:

I keep seeing the text bubble color referenced all over the place. Is that an actual thing people care about in the US? Do people still widely use SMS?

Basically everyone under 50 is on whatsapp or some other IM app here, but I know the US can be a bit backwards so maybe you guys have some Smartphone Great America Freedom law that makes even the tiniest data transfers cost a million bucks?

America uses iMessage

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

cannot pake posted:

America uses iMessage

lol if you aren't an avid user of iMessage stickers

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

bloom posted:

I don't know if you realize this but large geographical areas of America are basically 3rd world countries

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
What’s WiFi?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

From my experience if you aren't in iThing you just use SMS because the majority of phone plans have free texting and why bother adding an extra app to demand people download in order to talk to you?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I typed faster on my loving t9 Nokia than I do on phones now.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I could also text people from my pocket without ever having to look at the screen to know what I was sending and that's a power today's high school kids will never know

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
High school students today don't seem to show any interest in looking at anything besides their smart phones, so the joke's on you

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Sometimes on my way home I'll just stop at the apple store and slip $50 under the door

ty apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Supreme Allah posted:

Sometimes on my way home I'll just stop at the apple store and slip $50 under the door

ty apple

That must be why they were able to afford knocking $50 off the price of replacement batteries!!

• Locked thread