Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Human Crouton posted:

No, it was not trying to have sex with her.

go look the scene up on youtube, if you need a refresher, but the scene definitely evokes an assault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

go look the scene up on youtube, if you need a refresher, but the scene definitely evokes an assault.

She is being crushed because the thing is pressing her against the door. The heavy breathing does not imply sexual intercourse or arousal in this case, Basic Hitler.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
*me, having sex with one of the hottest babes in town* She is breathing heavily because I am crushing her :smith:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pycckuu posted:

She is being crushed because the thing is pressing her against the door. The heavy breathing does not imply sexual intercourse or arousal in this case, Basic Hitler.

What the mimic is literally doing plotwise is not the same as what kind of imagery a scene might be invoking friend

You can block a scene in such a manner that mimic behavior that crushes someone doesnt look like assault. Its less than subtle subtext dude

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Pycckuu posted:

*me, having sex with one of the hottest babes in town* She is breathing heavily because I am crushing her :smith:

Do you understand on a fundamental level what sexual assault is?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

The anomaly is expanding. If we don't figure this out soon, we may be looking at the sexual assault of the entire eastern seaboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

What the mimic is literally doing plotwise is not the same as what kind of imagery a scene might be invoking friend

You can block a scene in such a manner that mimic behavior that crushes someone doesnt look like assault. Its less than subtle subtext dude

I agree with you that the scene is meant to look threatening, like physical assault. You are meant to initially assume that the monster is specifically chasing after Natallie Portman with intent to kill her. Somewhere in there she realizes that the monster is a mimic and that allows her to defeat it.

I did not see sexual subtext there, that's all.

• Locked thread