Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

FAUXTON posted:

Iirc that Marco guy said you aren't tied to a spec
That's not what I mean, up until they did Loadouts if you wanted to be able to switch between a strikers, tacticians or reclaimers sets you had to swap everything on the fly or just log out then log into an alt that had the desired gearset and perks & talents ready to go. Gearsets are still a thing, and you're still going to want to be able to swap poo poo on the fly ( firearms/stamina/electronics are gone but you still have requirements to meet to activate talents ) being able to do it in 3 or 4 clicks was a boon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Javes posted:

I assume there will be phoenix credit type currency again that will benefit from having multiple characters.

Phoenix credits, while useful, ended up being fairly inconsequential toward the end of TD1 since loot drops became so plentiful. All the footage we've seen so far shows loot continuing to drop at a high frequency. While it seems like having multiple characters will help with limited drops from weekly activities, that's also something only the extremely dedicated will probably care to do. Since stash space is only going to be 150 again (and a reduced backpack capacity to 100) it's probably going to be a case where the other character slots just become gear mules again.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ZombyDog posted:

That's not what I mean, up until they did Loadouts if you wanted to be able to switch between a strikers, tacticians or reclaimers sets you had to swap everything on the fly or just log out then log into an alt that had the desired gearset and perks & talents ready to go. Gearsets are still a thing, and you're still going to want to be able to swap poo poo on the fly ( firearms/stamina/electronics are gone but you still have requirements to meet to activate talents ) being able to do it in 3 or 4 clicks was a boon.

There's a "loadouts" button in the inventory UI so probably

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

FAUXTON posted:

There's a "loadouts" button in the inventory UI so probably
Coolio, like I said I hadn't noticed it so if it's there that's great - I can't imagine I'm the only one who likes to swap gearsets on the fly depending on the activity I'm doing at the time and what the other guys in the squad are fielding ( if there's no Reclaimers I'll do it, but otherwise I'm taking Firecrest or Sentry's ), and before they introduced Loadouts in TD1 it was just often quicker to log out, change character and log back in.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

:siren: Even though I fully downloaded the PS4 beta this morning, it seems to be redownloading the entire thing again. So if you want to play right at 4AM EST, you might want to boot up and DL it right now.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I have one Friend invite left for the beta. If anyone wants it, PM me your Uplay name.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Nobody I know that has been invited via the friends thing has received an invitiation email. Is there some magic trick to get it to work?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

comatose posted:

Nobody I know that has been invited via the friends thing has received an invitiation email. Is there some magic trick to get it to work?

I invited two IRL friends and they got them.

Try having them go directly to that page after you invite them.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Jose Oquendo posted:

I invited two IRL friends and they got them.

Try having them go directly to that page after you invite them.

This beta page thing or whatever: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-au/beta ?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
As usual with this sort of thing, I had to go through my spam folder to find the invite.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

comatose posted:

It's taken 3+ hours for the people I invited to get theirs.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have 3 invites. Pm me your uplay. (PS4. Honestly not sure if it matters?)

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I preordered directly from the PS store and didn't get any codes - where do those come from?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

SubponticatePoster posted:

I preordered directly from the PS store and didn't get any codes - where do those come from?

I got mine in an email. However, I was able to also see it by being logged into my Uplay (or whatever it's called) account on this page: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Lumpy posted:

I got mine in an email. However, I was able to also see it by being logged into my Uplay (or whatever it's called) account on this page: https://tomclancy-thedivision.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/beta
I didn't get an email and there's nothing on my account page :( Everyone I know that wants to play this already preordered, I was just gonna give the codes away here. Oh well.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

I didn't get an email and there's nothing on my account page :( Everyone I know that wants to play this already preordered, I was just gonna give the codes away here. Oh well.

Can you even see the beta in the PSN store? Is your PSN account linked to your uplay? If you need a code I have 1 maybe 2 left.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
You'd think about the sheer amount of private betas and closed tests and what-not Ubisoft do that they'd have an actual working robust system for this now.
I don't have a heap of spare time over the weekend, if anyone has a PC code how large is the download?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Croccers posted:

You'd think about the sheer amount of private betas and closed tests and what-not Ubisoft do that they'd have an actual working robust system for this now.
I don't have a heap of spare time over the weekend, if anyone has a PC code how large is the download?

43 gigs or so

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

:ducksiren: NEW THREAD IS LIVE FOR DIVISION 2!!!!!! :ducksiren:

Roman is one of the best posters on SA and I want to say thank you for being informative and great.

This can remain open for all things The Division until launch imo. If anybody thinks otherwise, well, Roman is the OP. :)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881586&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post492360615

There are also plenty of beta keys to go around. Let's help all goons get in. ALL. GOONS.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

I had to clear my cache to see the "new" page that had my code on it. Other people said using an incognito window / different browser worked. And obviously, if you are on console, you have to link your accounts.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Lol I loving love The Historian
https://twitter.com/blind_rasputin/status/1093351018832642048?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This is the new thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881586

This thread is closed. You're not allowed to post here anymore.