Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Roman posted:

I always had the idea that if you ran a 3 phase Underground and you got Hunters, you would only get them the one phase and never again. That is not true, so always be prepared and wait for the next objective to come up before blowing up your health station or whatever.

Really? That's interesting. I've definitely run operations without hunters ever spawning and I've run ones where they did, but I don't remember hunters twice in a single operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ton of bugged extraction areas in the DZ. Popping flares but nothing gets triggered.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If that happens to me I'm sure that something or at least someone will get triggered.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I did think about making that joke. :v:

Managed to find one in D2 that worked, but oye. Annoying.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm gonna clear the map from collectibles from today until the 28th. I guess the fastest and if I'm going just for the xp caches is to tune WT to 1, right?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Guillermus posted:

I'm gonna clear the map from collectibles from today until the 28th. I guess the fastest and if I'm going just for the xp caches is to tune WT to 1, right?

then you'll get lovely wt1 caches so that seems like a fuckawful idea. im clearing all the collectibles too. so far I have got 66 caches. kill me.

unrelated: why the gently caress cant i sort the items in my cache, i just want to sort my elbow pads by set so I can kill the lovely ones. I dont wan't to have to send them all to my inventory to do it because my inventory is full of unopened caches. life is so hard.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
WT1 does make the collectibles brainless, but there's no real point unless you're struggling at your current tier.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That makes sense and no, right now I'm 4/6 reclaimer and 2/6 alpha and I can tank most damage while mowing down enemies with my predatory 249B. I'll stick to WT5 then.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Two hunters drop Bliss Holster.

STOP GIVING ME THIS loving THING. THAT'S FIVE, AAAARGH.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Came back to check out the new patch. I ended on WT4 but at some point item levels must have changed or something because I was immediately able to jump into WT5 so I checked out a bunch of stuff (daily missions, the new zone, etc...) over the weekend and Christmas. Ended up with 18 Set items (plus a few extra duplicates) but in no combination that I can get more than a two set bonus from any set. No matter how much the game improved I'm not spending even more hours playing the game the exact same way I've been playing it the last 40 hours because I can't get a drop that gives me options to mix things up.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

nessin posted:

Came back to check out the new patch. I ended on WT4 but at some point item levels must have changed or something because I was immediately able to jump into WT5 so I checked out a bunch of stuff (daily missions, the new zone, etc...) over the weekend and Christmas. Ended up with 18 Set items (plus a few extra duplicates) but in no combination that I can get more than a two set bonus from any set. No matter how much the game improved I'm not spending even more hours playing the game the exact same way I've been playing it the last 40 hours because I can't get a drop that gives me options to mix things up.

RNG can be a jerk. Keep at it, you've just had some lovely luck. I've got all 6 of every set within a week of just tooling around and playing whatever. Do HVTs that reward Set Gear and dump your money into caches at the weapon vendor since those can give set items too. Once you've got a few sets going you can really take off running and start hunting down unique and classy stuff.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Managed to get my first manhunt under the new rogue system and I really like the change they did with it by adding the manhunt objective. Looking back, it was pretty dumb not to have a way to get out of manhunt that didn't involve killing the entire server many times over.

Also, as someone that doesn't have a 6pc Nomad that set seems way too powerful for pvp. What is the counter to it? Full stack Striker?

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

I got another one too during my afternoon session. And a couple of shortbow pads. But I already have 3-4 Houses and one Big Al, so I don't feel too hard done by.

Just want more div tech to optimise more than anything at the moment.

Also, apologies sk8er, you invited me while I was mid-firefight in resistance, so I was a little preoccupied.

StevoMcQueen fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 26, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Javes posted:

Managed to get my first manhunt under the new rogue system and I really like the change they did with it by adding the manhunt objective. Looking back, it was pretty dumb not to have a way to get out of manhunt that didn't involve killing the entire server many times over.

Also, as someone that doesn't have a 6pc Nomad that set seems way too powerful for pvp. What is the counter to it? Full stack Striker?

DPS, seems like.

Lunchboxx
Jun 19, 2004

His name is Head. Dick Head.
Here's a boring and bad video of the other night in the dark zone. I don't remember what started it, but I think we went rogue when we cut the rope on a single dude at the ice rink? Regardless, we started running to wear off the timer and one thing lead to another. I turned around to check on the mobs shooting at us and nearly poo poo my pants when I saw a wall of purple and white health bars behind us before proceeding to get completely wrecked when we stopped in the ally. Most of the crap that was dropped was from rope we cut earlier. No big loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKLzCN3q0kg

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Lunchboxx posted:

Here's a boring and bad video of the other night in the dark zone. I don't remember what started it, but I think we went rogue when we cut the rope on a single dude at the ice rink? Regardless, we started running to wear off the timer and one thing lead to another. I turned around to check on the mobs shooting at us and nearly poo poo my pants when I saw a wall of purple and white health bars behind us before proceeding to get completely wrecked when we stopped in the ally. Most of the crap that was dropped was from rope we cut earlier. No big loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKLzCN3q0kg

Nice, that was a fun night indeed. That classy nomad did keep us alive for a good while.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Guillermus posted:

awesmoe posted:

then you'll get lovely wt1 caches so that seems like a fuckawful idea. im clearing all the collectibles too. so far I have got 66 caches. kill me.

poptart_fairy posted:

WT1 does make the collectibles brainless, but there's no real point unless you're struggling at your current tier.

Seems that the game looks at your current gear and not the world tier for determining your loot. I got 4 complete xp bars at wt1 and all items were 256+. So farm those collectibles at wt1 and run with double shotties or whatever to make it more interesting. Maybe just run around in your TA gear to get skill kills.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Rick_Hunter posted:

Seems that the game looks at your current gear and not the world tier for determining your loot. I got 4 complete xp bars at wt1 and all items were 256+. So farm those collectibles at wt1 and run with double shotties or whatever to make it more interesting. Maybe just run around in your TA gear to get skill kills.

WELL THAT AINT WHAT THE WIKI SAY
anyway I cleared everything except piers and now I got 91 caches and i...dont really want to play any more -_-

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Was getting annoyed with my team in Falcon Lost and Dragons Nest - they weren't planting C4 in the former despite me deactivating the turrets, and weren't pressing the button at the same time as me - if at all! - in the latter. Must have sworn a bit too much because the other half told me to put my headphones on and just tell them off already I can hear you over Doctor Who. :argh:

Got their poo poo together afterwards but yeah. Don't think I'll Pug the heroic versions.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So... you didn't use voice even though they clearly were, then got frustrated they couldn't coordinate with you.

Good job, you're terrible. Ever consider maybe some of them were running it for the first time and didn't know?

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Anybody playing this on PC able to group up and give me a boost towards WT5? Just hit 30 last night and I'm sitting around ~160, but it looks like gains are going to start coming much more slowly from here out. Uplay name is ImpactVectorII.

Rotten
May 21, 2002

As a shadow I walk in the land of the dead

ImpactVector posted:

Anybody playing this on PC able to group up and give me a boost towards WT5? Just hit 30 last night and I'm sitting around ~160, but it looks like gains are going to start coming much more slowly from here out. Uplay name is ImpactVectorII.

Sent you a friend request, I'm about to run all the world bosses.
Or hop in the discord, usually someone who would help.

Rotten fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 27, 2017

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fuzz posted:

Good job, you're terrible. Ever consider maybe some of them were running it for the first time and didn't know?

They weren't using voice, and their gear score was 280+ with commendations in the 2k range. They were terrible, not simply misinformed.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Rotten posted:

Sent you a friend request, I'm about to run all the world bosses.
Or hop in the discord, usually someone who would help.
Thanks for the run! Straight up to 277 (or 273 with 2 2-set bonuses) in 15 minutes of tagging along like a lost puppy.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

poptart_fairy posted:

:same: except Short Bows and Classified Pred Kneepads.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I cleared half of the world map of collectibles and that netted me around 70 caches. Got shitloads of slight upgrades for my reclaimer set and other pieces, better rolled weapons and even a Heel exotic! I did all of this on WT5 because why the gently caress not and without even wanting I faced a ton of world bosses for extra loot and XP.

Sure, I got tired by the end but for a bit over 5 hours running around, got a lot of good stuff, plenty of resources and some fun fights. Right now I'm running 4/6 Reclaimer, 2 piece striker, military m60+SMG 9+1911 or ACR/Carbon M700/shawn-off with a PP19, Saiga, Heel exotic and LVOA-C to mix things a bit. Having a blast with the game so far.

I watched the OP video about the best weapons in 1.8 but I kind of prefer the handling of the M60 over the 249, the ACR over the M4 and I have yet to find a mp5 that isn't burst fire to replace the SMG9 and PP19.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does a blueprint for the Pp19 smg exist?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Knifegrab posted:

Is the base seeker mine (unmodded) still the best seeker mine for dps?

Asking again because I really don't fully understand seeker mine damage and stuff.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I always ran cluster in PvE. I wouldn’t use any seekers in PvP at this point.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I cleared half of the world map of collectibles and that netted me around 70 caches. Got shitloads of slight upgrades for my reclaimer set and other pieces, better rolled weapons and even a Heel exotic! I did all of this on WT5 because why the gently caress not and without even wanting I faced a ton of world bosses for extra loot and XP.

Sure, I got tired by the end but for a bit over 5 hours running around, got a lot of good stuff, plenty of resources and some fun fights. Right now I'm running 4/6 Reclaimer, 2 piece striker, military m60+SMG 9+1911 or ACR/Carbon M700/shawn-off with a PP19, Saiga, Heel exotic and LVOA-C to mix things a bit. Having a blast with the game so far.

I watched the OP video about the best weapons in 1.8 but I kind of prefer the handling of the M60 over the 249, the ACR over the M4 and I have yet to find a mp5 that isn't burst fire to replace the SMG9 and PP19.

When it comes to weapons most of the criteria for "best in class" applies to PVP for the most part. Those other weapons are still going to be better but healing is going to be a far more important factor, even in the highest level PVE content.

Knifegrab posted:

Asking again because I really don't fully understand seeker mine damage and stuff.

Looking at the skill info I would assume that the damage it shows when you select the cluster seeker is per mini-seeker but I don't know how many mini-seekers you get. I guess if you definitely want to make sure all the damage is going to a single target then the regular seeker is better but I haven't used them enough to know how controllable the mini-seekers are - if its just proximity or what.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 27, 2017

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
Mini-seekers are the best due to AOE bleed potential. I think the individual explosions also interact with that +25% explosion damage talent.

If you want to burst a single target down, use BFB sticky. It’s what you use to delete legendary LMB medics at the start of the engagement.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
So what's the priority list for a new WT5 as far as content to do for the time invested?

It seems like world bosses are the best bang for buck, at least at this point. Is there anything else I should be doing? Work through collectibles? Run around the DZ using the guide on the first page?

HVTs seem likely too, but the ROI on that seems pretty significantly less than world bosses.

Also what's the highest priority gear-wise? Push gear score as high as possible? Or match sets as best I can? I was able to put together a 4pc Final Measure and 2pc Nomad, but it drops me from 277 to 272.

Are there any important GS breakpoints other than meeting WT reqs? Or is dropping my GS going to affect the drops I get?

Finally, is it possible to group up with some lower level (early-mid 20s) friends to try to power them through to 30? Or is this a recipe for pain and frustration?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

E: Just saw this on Reddit, and it seems to answer a lot of my questions:

ImpactVector fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Dec 27, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ImpactVector posted:

So what's the priority list for a new WT5 as far as content to do for the time invested?

It seems like world bosses are the best bang for buck, at least at this point. Is there anything else I should be doing? Work through collectibles? Run around the DZ using the guide on the first page?

HVTs seem likely too, but the ROI on that seems pretty significantly less than world bosses.

Also what's the highest priority gear-wise? Push gear score as high as possible? Or match sets as best I can? I was able to put together a 4pc Final Measure and 2pc Nomad, but it drops me from 277 to 272.

Are there any important GS breakpoints other than meeting WT reqs? Or is dropping my GS going to affect the drops I get?

Finally, is it possible to group up with some lower level (early-mid 20s) friends to try to power them through to 30? Or is this a recipe for pain and frustration?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

World bosses respawn every... 4 hours I think? So it's not something you can just do all the time. They're a good thing to do if you don't have a ton of time or you DO have a ton of time and start with them.

HVT's are basically the same as world bosses, just respawning every 24/168 hours for dailies/weeklies. Named HVT's are supposed to have the same chance of dropping Classified gear sets as any other Named enemy but I haven't seen one drop a single piece yet, maybe just bad luck.

As soon as you're in WT5 you'll start getting the top tier equipment so if you've got a piece of armor or a weapon that has the things you want on it don't toss it just because you got something that has a higher Gear Score. The higher a Gear Score is above 256 (up to 288 or 293 or something) is the closest a piece of gear is to perfect stats but a set of 277 gear that doesn't activate any weapon talents or drops your skill power to nothing is not better than a 272 set that does activate everything you want.

If you join a friend's world I believe things will scale to you (or whomever is highest level) but if you're doing the missions on the regular difficulty you'll probably be able to chew through them by yourself because most of the regular enemies will just be red, no armor or anything. The bosses will still be as they were but they shouldn't be too bad.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

poptart_fairy posted:

Does a blueprint for the Pp19 smg exist?

No, but if you're looking for a good one it shouldn't be too hard. They always have Hurried in the third slot so you just need Deadly or Responsive to roll in the first two.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost

Kibayasu posted:

As soon as you're in WT5 you'll start getting the top tier equipment so if you've got a piece of armor or a weapon that has the things you want on it don't toss it just because you got something that has a higher Gear Score.
This is good to know, thanks.

So far I've been stashing every set piece I find and whatever has the highest GS per slot. Guess it's time to start paying attention to gear talents though. And maybe learn how optimizing works once I find a set I want to pursue.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
Is there a quick guide to survival somewhere? I remember reading one, but don't remember if it was a post by someone with some tips or actual 'guide'.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ImpactVector posted:

This is good to know, thanks.

So far I've been stashing every set piece I find and whatever has the highest GS per slot. Guess it's time to start paying attention to gear talents though. And maybe learn how optimizing works once I find a set I want to pursue.

How optimizing works is pretty simple. You spend 250k credits and 50 Division Tech for a small increase across all the stats (weapon damage, gear armor, stat roll, health roll, burn resistance, ammo capacity, whatever is on it) on a piece of equipment until everything is maxed out. Some stats may reach max before others, this does not decrease the cost - optimizing a chest piece to go from 2000 armor to 2001 armor with everything else maxed costs the same as a single optimization on a chest piece that is going to boost everything.

You want to have a pretty good idea that the gear and weapons you have are ones you're going to keep around with the attributes and talents you want before you start optimizing. Spending 50 DivTech per roll will make whatever supply you have vanish quickly. However you can reroll attributes or talents on already-optimized armor and weapons and this will only reset the attribute/talent you're rerolling, not the whole thing.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Nap Ghost
Oof, yeah. Not even close. I was wondering what the money sink would be, and I guess that's it. I only have about 1.6 mil and I'd guess maybe two dozen DivTech so far.

Definitely need to spend more time gathering set pieces and high tier stuff before I worry about that.

Plus I really don't know what sets/skills I want to pursue yet. I might get an idea if I can get my friends up to level cap with me, but so far I've just been using a lot of turret just to give bad guys something else to shoot and some self-healing stuff because I used to always forget that medkits exist.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DT isn't so hard to get these days thanks to West Side Piers. As long as you can do them the constantly respawning Alert missions give you 3 DT per completion and there is a mini-assignment on a 15 minute cooldown that gives a cache with 1 DT - each 15 minute assignment is a minor combat thing like "15 kills from within 10 meters" or "15 skill kills" or "5 melee kills." You still don't want to spend 50 on something you aren't sure you want but if you don't mind grinding then you won't ever go without.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Veritas posted:

Is there a quick guide to survival somewhere? I remember reading one, but don't remember if it was a post by someone with some tips or actual 'guide'.

Don't know of any guides but I've been playing it a bunch:

-always craft a clothing item with the starting piece of fabric you get because it almost doubles the amount of time you can be in the cold early game.
-try and hit helicopter crash sites asap. Also don't be afraid to completely avoid fights.
-collect everything except clothing that provides less warmth because you can break them all down into components.
-craft higher components using lower components. In the dark zone there are high level component variants of all craftables. Also you take nothing but caches with you so use that division tech!

Hunter's suck, you can cheese them on the parking garage extraction by getting on the building across the street after calling the extract. But that is boring and lame don't do that.

Use the inspect and equip now option all the time instead of loot all.

Landmarks are great for loot but tough alone.

Drinking water makes it easier to spot loot, and eating food not only buffs your regen for a bit but let's you regen past pips. Otherwise entering a safehouse will fill your health. Take medicine and painkillers asap. You can share all consumable items with space bar for your starving teammate.

I'm sure there is so much more but I'm still pretty new to it. Also these tips may be super duh.