Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Roman posted:

It lasts until you log out

Oh fuuuuuck that sucks then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Finally got my dream house. Ferocious/Responsive/The House. Should I roll of Ferocious for something else or keep it? I am pretty much strictly PvE.

Also got an M700 Carbon with Ferocious/Destructive/Brutal and hoo boy does that thing hurt.

edit: I mispoke. It has Responsive in the 2nd slot. So Roll of Ferocious for Hurried or Destructive?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 29, 2017

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Jose Oquendo posted:

Finally got my dream house. Ferocious/Destructive/The House. Should I roll of Ferocious for something else or keep it? I am pretty much strictly PvE.

Also got an M700 Carbon with Ferocious/Destructive/Brutal and hoo boy does that thing hurt.

Responsive or Hurried

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rick_Hunter posted:

Responsive or Hurried

I edited my post. I misspoke. It's got Ferocious/Responsive. So roll of Ferocious for Hurried or Destructive? I've got mods on the gun for reload speed already.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I edited my post. I misspoke. It's got Ferocious/Responsive. So roll of Ferocious for Hurried or Destructive? I've got mods on the gun for reload speed already.

I would probably run all crit hit damage except for an extended mag with mag size, CHC, and X. I say X because I'm on console and sometimes I have trouble controlling the gun so I err on the side of caution and don't get rate of fire.

Destructive is great for PVE but Hurried will give you versatility between PVE and PvP. Both are very good choices though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:sbahj: did Bliss have holsters for each day of the year!? gently caress

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Psion posted:

It sure is, game. It sure is.

don't do this to yourself

You would not believe how irritated I am at seeing my trophies at 96%. :argh:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Definitely roll off Ferocious for destructive IMO. 10% dmg against yellows vs 15% dmg to all.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

:sbahj: did Bliss have holsters for each day of the year!? gently caress

A bliss holster is the last exotic I need to complete my collection.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hurried, no question. That plus responsive rules.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Anyone getting a bug where they re-roll their gear, it gets a higher gear score, then upon logging back in the gear score of the item went down?

It's happened for me on 3 different classified gear now. :( The stats remain the same though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The bug is actually showing the higher gear score.

Super86
Apr 20, 2016
Ok guys, I'm pretty stupid so even after reaching Lv 30 I can't figure this by myself. I need to ask some fellow goons who actually know what they're doing:

-What does Armor do exactly? What does a point of armor mean?
-In the UI, below your magazine/total ammo numbers, and to the left of your current grenade, there is another number. What is that?
-What does the "% enemy armor damage" stat do?
-What does the "% skill haste" stat do?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Super86 posted:

Ok guys, I'm pretty stupid so even after reaching Lv 30 I can't figure this by myself. I need to ask some fellow goons who actually know what they're doing:

-In the UI, below your magazine/total ammo numbers, and to the left of your current grenade, there is another number. What is that?

Armor ads to your armor, for your total damage resist look in your stats screen.

That's how much amo your other gun has in its magazine.

That's extra damage you do to enemies with armor. The white bars above enemies health.

Skill haste reduces the cooldown of skills.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Roman posted:

ADVICE FOR FIRST TIME PLAYERS BEFORE LEVEL 30:

- After max level 30, XP goes towards earning loot caches. Consider saving some of the collectible items (cell phone recordings, laptops etc.) as they give way more XP at level 30. On a double XP weekend event these will bag you a LOT of loot caches.

Mother fucker.

Of course mu dumb OCD rear end had hunted down 90 percent of all the audio logs and other collectables in the city for 400 xp each, before hitting level 30 and discovering they're now worth 100,000.

The thread should come with a warning, DON'T GET CANINE UNIT security wing upgrade before level 30.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Super86 posted:

I had a post here but Sandweed said it more succinctly

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

Sandweed posted:

Armor ads to your armor, for your total damage resist look in your stats screen.

That's how much amo your other gun has in its magazine.

That's extra damage you do to enemies with armor. The white bars above enemies health.

Skill haste reduces the cooldown of skills.

Thanks a lot!

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
So how important are the DLC for this game?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Pretty unimportant until you start hankering for some new modes. Underground is a cool, basically repeatable dungeon type thing that randomizes. Survival is a really neat survival mode where you start with virtually nothing but an M9 and torn getup, need to build yourself back up as best you can and complete the big mission within a timer and not die from exposure or other factors. Last Stand is a bad PvP mode nobody plays.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

pigdog posted:

Mother fucker.

Of course mu dumb OCD rear end had hunted down 90 percent of all the audio logs and other collectables in the city for 400 xp each, before hitting level 30 and discovering they're now worth 100,000.

The thread should come with a warning, DON'T GET CANINE UNIT security wing upgrade before level 30.

I took his advice while being level 19ish and saved all collectibles. Got over a hundred caches during the 26-28 double cache event :shepface:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Yardbomb posted:

Pretty unimportant until you start hankering for some new modes. Underground is a cool, basically repeatable dungeon type thing that randomizes. Survival is a really neat survival mode where you start with virtually nothing but an M9 and torn getup, need to build yourself back up as best you can and complete the big mission within a timer and not die from exposure or other factors. Last Stand is a bad PvP mode nobody plays.

I really wanna try Survival. Haven't found anyone to play it with me yet. :smith:

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
For a while now I've been screwing around with a pretty basic "build" - a few strikers + ninjabag + nomad; weapons with health on crit and mods to increase the crit chance, and some half-assed skill buffs on my gear. Basically a jack-of-all-trades deal where I can get in people's faces with good DPS and not worry about health too much.

Played around with an explicitly skill-based build yesterday for the first time and... :stare:. Like, whoa. Being very intentional in your build choice can be really fun!! Watching my turrent absolutely tear through rioters... and one-shotting a crowd of cleaners with a sticky bomb... it was a revelation, man! Also I'm now noticing and paying attention to that green gearset indicator at the bottom of my hud. When I hear people talk about "stacks" in the middle of combat I guess this is what they're referring to? With 4-piece Tacticians Authority it goes up to 30, indicating a 30% skill damage bonus I believe.

Right now I've got a Larae chestpiece for those cooldown bonuses, ninjabag, and 3 actual Tac pieces (no classy). What's a good final item to give me a good 2-piece (1+ninjabag) bonus? Trying Alphabridge for now but I'm not actually sure how "100% regen" works and if it's really worthwhile. Trying to replicate how cavalier I was with my health back when I was rocking 3/4-piece nomad bonuses.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

D3 set. That 15% defense against Elites is no joke.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I really wanna try Survival. Haven't found anyone to play it with me yet. :smith:

Just get in there. Put it on PVE and see what happens. All you really need to know is to generally make your way toward the DZ, craft a filter, know when to run away or avoid fights, and keep an eye out for minor landmarks (ie. subways or maintenance tunnels, building interiors, car parks, construction sites, etc, things not literally marked as a "landmark" on the big map) because that's generally where you're going to find stuff. Once you're in the DZ it's just the same thing until you're geared up, avoid fights, collect materials, craft good stuff. Everything else people talk about it is just optimizing your route and time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Minidust posted:

Right now I've got a Larae chestpiece for those cooldown bonuses, ninjabag, and 3 actual Tac pieces (no classy). What's a good final item to give me a good 2-piece (1+ninjabag) bonus? Trying Alphabridge for now but I'm not actually sure how "100% regen" works and if it's really worthwhile. Trying to replicate how cavalier I was with my health back when I was rocking 3/4-piece nomad bonuses.

The 100% regen applies to the health you get back as long as you don't completely deplete a section of the health bar. I don't know if it means it'll start regenerating 100% faster or if you get back twice as much when it does start to kick in. But if you lose an entire segment then it will remain gone until you get healed from other sources like normal.

It's not very useful.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

Fuzz posted:

D3 set. That 15% defense against Elites is no joke.

Seriously. I rerolled the mask, knee pads, and backpack to have skillpower like Marco's D3 build so i could have the shield at max health. I didn't know you had to hit a certain skill power threshhold. That defense boost, and a 2.5mil HP shield is nuts.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
if you're on the piss four, i'll play survival with you. i'll play survival all day baby

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

spaceships posted:

if you're on the piss four, i'll play survival with you. i'll play survival all day baby

I am! DocFuzz

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

Fuzz posted:

I am! DocFuzz

lmao we're already buddies

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

So my Google fu is failing me. It seems like underground is one of the best places to get exotic drops in 1.8, but is there a better chance for them to drop (or for hunters to spawn)on challenging vs hard? I like running hard because I can literally just run and gun through single phase ops in like 5 minutes, but I'm not sure if there's a higher drop chance/hunter spawn rate that would make the extra couple of minutes spent on challenging worth it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Hakarne posted:

So my Google fu is failing me. It seems like underground is one of the best places to get exotic drops in 1.8, but is there a better chance for them to drop (or for hunters to spawn)on challenging vs hard? I like running hard because I can literally just run and gun through single phase ops in like 5 minutes, but I'm not sure if there's a higher drop chance/hunter spawn rate that would make the extra couple of minutes spent on challenging worth it.

I don't believe this game gives higher drop rates or higher-quality with harder difficulties. I think it just gives you more loot on higher difficulties.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

That's about right. But Hunters are more likely to spawn on Challenging, so that's more of a chance for exotics.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As someone who has been doing a fair bit of Underground lately it's still not a great chance of exotics because I've yet to see a single one from Hunters, though I have gotten a single Classified piece. You're probably still better off doing legendaries unless you can't just get a group that can finish it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao if you wanna make a striker salty, EMP him and then bleed him out with Predator while emoting

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

As someone who has been doing a fair bit of Underground lately it's still not a great chance of exotics because I've yet to see a single one from Hunters, though I have gotten a single Classified piece. You're probably still better off doing legendaries unless you can't just get a group that can finish it.

I didn't even know Hunters spawned on hard but I got proven wrong last night. As a counter to what you witnessed, one pub in the group I was running managed to get 3 exotics on a 3 phase hard run. He could have been bullshitting, but I don't know.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lmao if you wanna make a striker salty, EMP him and then bleed him out with Predator while emoting

Lol, I imagine he'd been steamrolling everyone till he went up against your hard counter.

Instruction Manuel fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 29, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, I imagine he'd been steamrolling everyone till he went up against your hard counter.

He got me once first, jumped me from behind at a supply drop where I was being dumb and he was able to run up fully stacked from mooks. That's not how the other encounters played out. Unfortunately I only recorded the immediately following encounter, where I didn't have EMP. :( but since he was a poo poo talker I made his life hell following this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/41617593

imagine that but turned up to 11 after the disrupts

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 29, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
his complete corncobbing ended with him asking me to join up with him lmao

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

He got me once first, jumped me from behind at a supply drop where I was being dumb and he was able to run up fully stacked from mooks. That's not how the other encounters played out. Unfortunately I only recorded the immediately following encounter, where I didn't have EMP. :( but since he was a poo poo talker I made his life hell following this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/41617593

imagine that but turned up to 11 after the disrupts

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

his complete corncobbing ended with him asking me to join up with him lmao

:lol:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Him getting cut off by his death was perfect.

Makes you wonder if he even knows that happen and continued to rant for a few seconds minutes afterwards.

Edit: What is the counter to Predator bleed anyways? I know the Immunizer station doesn't prevent it but can remove it if you run out and back into its range... but can anything else remove it once you have it?

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

Him getting cut off by his death was perfect.

Makes you wonder if he even knows that happen and continued to rant for a few seconds minutes afterwards.

Edit: What is the counter to Predator bleed anyways? I know the Immunizer station doesn't prevent it but can remove it if you run out and back into its range... but can anything else remove it once you have it?

EDR mitigates it, immunizer and med kits have a one time cancel, using canned food to buff healing