Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I am going to use the poo poo out of my Big Alejandro in the ambush event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

ZombyDog posted:

6 piece Strikers, Predatory, Vigorous Chest piece, and Overdose all help in making Contamination events trivial. Kill fast, hit weak points and avoid incoming damage.

Also the health regeneration from nomad is almost exactly the same as the DoT from the contaminated event.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I always ran cluster in PvE. I wouldn’t use any seekers in PvP at this point.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
64 days and some amount of hours. I think you can knock off 1/4 to 1/2 of that because it was back when the game was terrible.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

cage-free egghead posted:

Why doesn't that loving tracker have now many Lex runs I've done?

I had a discussion with someone on this at the last GE and we figured between farming Barrets/MDR pre-GE and farming credits during the GE we had to be at several hundred clears of the level by this point.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Got a House off a UG boss tonight with Ferocious and Skilled. Feeling I should flip Skilled off in favor of something else, what do y'all think? Was thinking either Hurried or Responsive.

Based on quick math through one clip responsive has a higher DPS. Assuming you’re getting enough crits to get the reload speed to one second it roughly evens out after the second clip and hurried pulls ahead at some point in the third clip.

Ignoring ammo concerns, if you are generally in groups where you can keep your health up consistently or running something like D3–FNC then hurried is the better choice. However, if you’re keeping ferocious, which you should because skilled isn’t great, then that gun is going to be PvE focused so destructive would also be a good pick depending on the amount of enemy armor damage you’re already using.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Which are the good LW M4 talents to aim for? Deadly and Brutal?

Brutal is a not great talent in general. Deadly is okay on SMGs but you probably don’t have the crit chance to take full advantage of it on an AR.

For a basic damage build I like the following:

For PvE - destructive, predatory, responsive, competent if you have enough electronics, ferocious if you have the electronics, determined in bottom slot. I would always try to have determined if possible.

For PvP - responsive, unforgiving, competent, deadly to an extent. Predatory is good for letting you use NPCs as med kits.

Fuzz posted:

I get headshots just fine, considering I wear Sentry's right now. I want to make a good one for a Striker build.

The issue is also that it’s only 12% headshot damage on brutal and you’re passing over better talents. Get your crit bonuses/HSD bonuses from your mods and equipment if necessary.

Brine fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 16, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I have a House with competent/responsive that I use on my Nomad build. I do like using competent on DPS builds because it’s not too difficult keeping the buff going with a decent amount of skill haste, but last night I realized I could dump responsive for talented and have a decent SMG for skill builds. i am being overly cute with my build if I do this, right? I think the lack of determined is what is making me hesitant.

Brine fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 17, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I’m not a fan of smgs for skill builds. They don’t have the EAD that applies to your skills and you have to be really close to get the most out of them. And if you’re using pulse you can have excess crit chance pretty easily. Much better to use an AR, especially something like an MDR, LMG or MMR.

Yeah, one driver for me considering this is that my reclaimer gloves have MMR, skill haste, and a SMG damage roll that I can’t get rid of. I’ll probably just ignore the SMG altogether and go double MMR.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

afflictionwisp posted:

getting back into this game after long break, cant remember the nuances of how all these numbers work. trying to split hairs between two mods on an assault rifle, 18.5 HSD / 3 CHC / 4 CHD, or 6 HSD / 3 CHC / 17 CHD. 37.5% CHC either way. Running 4 piece Striker, my thought was bodies make a bigger target to keep the damage bonus stacks up. Thoughts?

From an opportunity cost perspective it’s usually best to prioritize CHD because CHD primary rolls on mods are very high and second rolls are very low.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I haven’t run a tactician build in a while - does enemy armor damage apply to flame turrets? Trying to figure out what I want on my firecrest.

pigdog posted:

Am I crazy for liking Pakhan? Don't know if it's the Striker set, but somehow it makes clearing out dark zone landmarks a breeze.

Pakhan (and the black market RPK) is really good. A black market RPK would let you have a better talent ion the bottom.

Brine fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jan 21, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I started selling armor because I maxed out fabric but generally I think you should dismantle everything and keep at least 10-20 million credits on you.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Is there any reason I couldn’t share a classy DFNC Chest I picked up off an agent group we stomped? After extract it didn’t even have the share icon!

You can’t share items dropped by dead agents. You might be able to share items picked up from dead group members but I can’t remember.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
So you get the haze mask by trolling your teammates.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

HiriseSoftware posted:

Well I broke Lexington Event Center because I killed Barrett's lieutenant before the objective appeared so I had to kill myself with my BFB. Good times.

That happens a lot on global events.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I got seven out of my six caches but four were HF masks. I’m 2/6 on FC and have a really good AB chest though.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone having trouble getting Motion Blur to count kills? I know I've killed more than seven chumps on the move.

I completed it by playing solo and super aggressive with nomad on in Lexington.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

So what exactly does the AB classy set do at 6pcs? That wording feels so clumsy.

Gives you a weaker rotating link when you get a kill. In exchange you lose your link and cannot be affected by links from your teammates. The length of the link is determined by how closely in balance your three main stats are. Per a friend of mine who has it, it’s pretty bad.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Assuming they go in the same order, striker and reclaimer will be the event after next.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Roman posted:

Got a House with Meticulous and Talented. Which one would you roll off?

I would dump meticulous because I hate it on anything but LMGs.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Somewhat related to that but come to think of it didn't the shotgun "stagger" bonus use to apply to other players? That seems like it would be a good thing to bring back to break that up.

Nope, it was always NPC-only.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Man I was agonizing over whether to put responsive or ferocious on my bullfrog. I like to use it from far away but not enough to put prepared on it. Maybe the gains I'd get from swapping one talent are so small compared to the rest of the build it doesn't matter at this point?

Don’t use ferocious over responsive.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

While I understand the point, I get to aim with a mouse from more than 10m a vast majority of the time. Does that count for something or do I just want responsive anyways?

What’s your build? Do you already have destructive on the bullfrog?

Minidust posted:

How hard is Dragon's Nest?

Dragon’s Nest is fairly easy. Stolen Signal would be very iffy to run in a match made group.

Brine fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jan 25, 2018

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

Right on.

Yeah. Ferocious is the rolled talent which is why I'm looking at alternatives.

All of this is helpful and is more or less how my agonizing went on deciding which to pick. Perhaps there's a different way to look at this build: Is there a better rifle I could be using? That 15% damage bonus free talent is a powerful argument to make in favour of using a bullfrog here but who knows, I don't!

I like using non-exotic ARs because you can slot in determined at the bottom. LVOAs or lightweight M4s are good and I personally like G36s a lot. My normal PvE rifle when I run striker or nomad is a destructive/responsive/determined G36. If I run a different DPS set I would slot in predatory for destructive.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

286 prepared/disciplined/elevated m700carbon is really good, really good

I’m usIng this wIth my six piece HF and it is insanely damaging. I think the set is probably not as good as Sentry but it is fun seeing the gigantic numbers pop up.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Kibayasu posted:

Hunter's Faith specifies bolt action rifles while Sentry's Call says "semi-automatic" weapons. So assuming that's not bugged, yeah, you'll only get the 2/3/5 bonuses with an MDR. Does the MDR count for the Sentry's marks?

I don’t think anyone directly answered this, but yes. Mark a bunch of crap with a MDR then get massive headshots with a bolt action.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Javes posted:

Vicious + Prepared + Elevated is the godroll for the M700, right?

What build are you going to be using with it? Get rid of vicious no matter what, though.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Durendal posted:

Fire Crest: A mess of a set that doesn't know what it wants to do. Is it skill based, or is it fire arms? Either way it's awkward.

Agreed. I can’t figure out how I want to play it. 4/4/8 seems like it would work but the damage really isn’t there and the turret gets for focused down a lot.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Run it like Strikers. The point of the fire isn't damage, it's to CC everything in sight so you can stand around blowing their brains out. That is the purpose of fire in this game.

Light them up, grab your MDR, and pop some heads.

What is your stat spread with this? I was thinking 4K electronics to hit the duration breakpoint, 4.6k stamina for predatory, and the rest in firearms.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
All of the sets are underwhelming this time and I don’t even know how much I care about trying for a tactician mask tonight to finish off that one. Any talk of future balance makes me concerned that striker will get super nerfed.

Psion posted:

for example if you track everyone's best clear time of all 5 playlist missions you can total it up and have a 'fastest completion' leaderboard.

This is a really good idea in my opinion.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Insert name here posted:

Well I feel like I was let off lightly this GE: 70 caches and the only piece I'm missing is the Tacticians chest. I probably could have gotten it but I decided to just stock up on credits for the next GE because maybe I'll actually finish classified Strikers then, and Tac 6pc is :geno: anyway.

Yeah but then I wouldn't get a sweet rear end grenade launcher, and who doesn't want one of those

Next GE is lone star, deadeye, and final measure if they go in the same order.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Made tier 2 from basically just running Clear Sky I guess. The clothing options look pretty good this time and I got my last tacticians piece from one of my reward caches so I guess that was a success.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Super 90s are really good if you can get around the really slow reload. Like ABGD, I always use one on lone star and occasionally on striker if I’m using the shotgun as more of a secondary weapon.

Kibayasu posted:

The only thing I can think of is if pump shotguns would trigger the Sentry's Call marks, but if they do the Super 90 and SASG models would as well (since you have to pull the trigger for each shot) so I can't really think of any situation where pump shotguns aren't immediately outclassed by automatic ones.

Oh yeah, I guess the in-game super 90 isn’t technically a pump? That just leaves the M870 which you shouldn’t use unless you have a time machine to go back to the summer before last.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

The Locator posted:

Real life Super 90's aren't pumps either!

Per the extensive Wikipedia-looking I did before my original post, there is a pump but it is used for lower powered munitions.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Jose Oquendo posted:

What's the ideal extended mag? Aside from more bullets, what's preferred? Gut instinct says CHC and CHD, buuuuuut ROF and reload speed is also good for most guns.

CHC and ROF usually, unless you’re using something like deadeye where crit chance will do nothing for you.

Insert name here posted:

poo poo, you're right; Strikers was with Assault along with Reclaimers and Predator's Mark right?

Assault had Sentry instead of Predator’s. Predator was during strike.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Someone mentioned it earlier as a possible build, but has anyone actually tried running a tac hybrid build with the bare minimum electronics/skillpower needed to hit 450k at 60 stacks? I messed around with it a little last night and it worked okay on legendary napalm with something like 4.1/4.8/7.5 between the three stats.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I keep a PvP and PvE version of striker and nomad. Everything else I limit to one set.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

HiriseSoftware posted:

As a change of pace, I want to try a classified Final Measure build for incursions. I'm normally The Reclaimer Guy there, but I wanted to see what mortars taste like. What would be a good build to try? A not-so-great healer with immunizer and defib? I enjoy the healing aspect of incursions.

I go full electronics except for one piece and run it as a healer that tosses grenades and shoots sticky bombs between heals.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Wamdoodle posted:

Well, drat. What dragon are we supposed to chase once everyone has min maxed classified sets?

Just go play Monster Hunter for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
I would keep 3 and 5 for PvE purposes depending on how useful you find predatory. Put responsive on 3 in place of accurate. I would roll off determined on 5 for a damage talent unless you have the electronics. If you want to try for a PvP shotgun look for unforgiving, responsive, and competent in the bottom slot.

Sandweed posted:

Shotguns that is not the Saiga or Showstopper are bad.

Nope.