Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Any particular advice for anybody who is returning to try this out after having last played back around the time of the first raid (where everybody just glitched the wave spawns for free loot)? Or basically just do whatevers and get gear however? Is the dark zone still straight suicide due to hackers and collusion groups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Rick_Hunter posted:

A lot of QoL features were added:
Game world difficulties have changed into world tiers. There are 5 world tiers.
Mission difficulties now change the veterancy of the enemies you fight but does not change their level. WT does this. Difficulty also changes how much loot you get from the boss and the end of mission rewards.
Time to kill enemies was lowered considerably.
You can now save loadouts of gear so you don't have to manually switch guns, armor, and mods in your inventory.
You can lock favorite items so you don't accidentally deconstruct them or sell them.
You can also buy back items you sold to the vendors as long as you don't log out.

If you're getting back you're probably running around in sub gear score 256 gear. Get a goon group to do some high value targets with you this weekend and give you their drops so you can get your GS up and into world tier 5 (world tiers are like diablo 3 difficulties - torments I, II, etc)

Next, figure out what you're going for gameplay wise especially when it come to gear sets. Do you just want to shoot things without thinking? Go with AlphaBridge or Striker. Long range? Sentry or Hunter's Faith. Skills and healing? Tactician's Authority and Reclaimer. There are 14 gear sets in game at the moment.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JTLivI7FDB0HeHIX0GePMLJd4bD-xarH3ZpNxPCX218/pubhtml
There are also classified sets in the game now which differ from the base gear sets in 3 ways. 1. Their main stats are higher (1272 vs 1401), 2. You can reroll 2 attributes, and 3. They can complete a 6 pc set. Classified items have a small folder icon on the right side of the item. Make sure you look for this before deconstructing a piece of gear. They also added exotic weapons and armor to the game. Exotic weapons came from the existing unique named weapon pool and all have either unique 3rd slot talents or are part of a weapon gear set (Hildr/Eir, Devil/Heel, Liberator/Centurion).

Third, are you PC or console? Console doesn't really have any hackers that I know of but it occasionally happens on PC. The DZ has been cleaned up considerably though. There are now 9 DZ zones but they didn't increase the number of players so you have a better chance of hiding from rogue groups. The DZ also follows the scheme of the world tiers so all enemies are the same level they just differ in their veterancy. Instead of being able to just shoot you in the back when you're not looking rogues have to toggle their rogue status and people can no longer body block your shots to make you accidentally go rogue anymore.

Have fun.

Awesome, thanks for all these tips. I appreciate it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If I have old ~245ish gearscore sets, am I better off using the ~276 yellow gear I find (until I get good gearscore classified sets) or stick with the 245 sets? It looks like the last time I played I was running a combination of 2 piece strikers and 4 piece Alphabridge with LMGs.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

It also leads to them being extremely arrogant when dealing with anyone who is not from New York, at least in my experience dealing with both coworkers and customers in NYC on a regular basis.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Jose Oquendo posted:

DC could work. Tons of 'important' buildings, recognizable landmarks, and a metro system.

It worked great for Fallout 3. Even with large portions of it blown to hell and unreachable, it was a trip to be able to navigate parts of the subway system in that game from having ridden those routes on the way to work in the past.