Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

Copy pasted from Reddit:
The next Global Event will be called Ambush, date TBD.

Classified Gear Sets:
AlphaBridge
FireCrest
Hunter’s Faith
Tactician’s Authority

Playlist:
Broadway Emporium
Police Academy
Queens Tunnel Camp
Times Square
Dragons Nest

Modifiers:
Ambush: Agents deal increased damage while stationary. (always active)
Covert Ambush: Ambush behavior, plus damage and health dimishes while moving.
Strategic Ambush: Covert Ambush behavior, plus Damage Buff, then health, diminish when close to other teammates.

When players are stationary during Ambush a bar will fill, increasing damage output as it does so. Choose when to move and when to stay and fight!
When a Covert or Strategic Ambush is active the increased damage bar will drain with movement. Once empty, the player will start to lose health instead of damage!
Commendations:
There will be Commendations similar to the Strike GE, instead of Security Wing Skills you'll have to run the Missions with Tech Wing Skills only.

Masks: https://imgur.com/a/AaPie

So assuming new ones aren't added, that should be all of the gearsets right? Hopefully that means they start repeating GE's or throwing out new ones with various gearsets in the caches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Is it ever useful to roll yellow gear now, or should I be always use a gear set at minimum?

If you don't have a Classified gearset there are still a few yellow armor pieces with very useful bonuses - to name a few, Vigorous on chest pieces, Inventive on backpacks, Savage on gloves. Classified gearsets are supplanting those in a few cases though.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Vakal posted:

Is there any reason to buy the gold edition for almost double the price?

Doesn't seem like it adds that much.

The gold edition includes the season pass DLC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think Dragon's Nest is the best incursion because its just so ridiculous.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Knifegrab posted:

Can someone explain how the layout of mods on gear works? I see some gear has mod slots on the gear icon, like empty rectangles, that become filled with the color of the quality of mod present in them. I have a backpack that looks like this:

And I cannot for the life of me figure out what would slot into that last remaining mod. Anything I try to equip just swaps out one of the already occupied slots.

Randler posted:

That's the slot for backpack skins, which you can get from the premium vendor.

The last slot on weapons is also for weapon skins.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Guillermus posted:

I cleared half of the world map of collectibles and that netted me around 70 caches. Got shitloads of slight upgrades for my reclaimer set and other pieces, better rolled weapons and even a Heel exotic! I did all of this on WT5 because why the gently caress not and without even wanting I faced a ton of world bosses for extra loot and XP.

Sure, I got tired by the end but for a bit over 5 hours running around, got a lot of good stuff, plenty of resources and some fun fights. Right now I'm running 4/6 Reclaimer, 2 piece striker, military m60+SMG 9+1911 or ACR/Carbon M700/shawn-off with a PP19, Saiga, Heel exotic and LVOA-C to mix things a bit. Having a blast with the game so far.

I watched the OP video about the best weapons in 1.8 but I kind of prefer the handling of the M60 over the 249, the ACR over the M4 and I have yet to find a mp5 that isn't burst fire to replace the SMG9 and PP19.

When it comes to weapons most of the criteria for "best in class" applies to PVP for the most part. Those other weapons are still going to be better but healing is going to be a far more important factor, even in the highest level PVE content.

Knifegrab posted:

Asking again because I really don't fully understand seeker mine damage and stuff.

Looking at the skill info I would assume that the damage it shows when you select the cluster seeker is per mini-seeker but I don't know how many mini-seekers you get. I guess if you definitely want to make sure all the damage is going to a single target then the regular seeker is better but I haven't used them enough to know how controllable the mini-seekers are - if its just proximity or what.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 27, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ImpactVector posted:

So what's the priority list for a new WT5 as far as content to do for the time invested?

It seems like world bosses are the best bang for buck, at least at this point. Is there anything else I should be doing? Work through collectibles? Run around the DZ using the guide on the first page?

HVTs seem likely too, but the ROI on that seems pretty significantly less than world bosses.

Also what's the highest priority gear-wise? Push gear score as high as possible? Or match sets as best I can? I was able to put together a 4pc Final Measure and 2pc Nomad, but it drops me from 277 to 272.

Are there any important GS breakpoints other than meeting WT reqs? Or is dropping my GS going to affect the drops I get?

Finally, is it possible to group up with some lower level (early-mid 20s) friends to try to power them through to 30? Or is this a recipe for pain and frustration?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

World bosses respawn every... 4 hours I think? So it's not something you can just do all the time. They're a good thing to do if you don't have a ton of time or you DO have a ton of time and start with them.

HVT's are basically the same as world bosses, just respawning every 24/168 hours for dailies/weeklies. Named HVT's are supposed to have the same chance of dropping Classified gear sets as any other Named enemy but I haven't seen one drop a single piece yet, maybe just bad luck.

As soon as you're in WT5 you'll start getting the top tier equipment so if you've got a piece of armor or a weapon that has the things you want on it don't toss it just because you got something that has a higher Gear Score. The higher a Gear Score is above 256 (up to 288 or 293 or something) is the closest a piece of gear is to perfect stats but a set of 277 gear that doesn't activate any weapon talents or drops your skill power to nothing is not better than a 272 set that does activate everything you want.

If you join a friend's world I believe things will scale to you (or whomever is highest level) but if you're doing the missions on the regular difficulty you'll probably be able to chew through them by yourself because most of the regular enemies will just be red, no armor or anything. The bosses will still be as they were but they shouldn't be too bad.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ImpactVector posted:

This is good to know, thanks.

So far I've been stashing every set piece I find and whatever has the highest GS per slot. Guess it's time to start paying attention to gear talents though. And maybe learn how optimizing works once I find a set I want to pursue.

How optimizing works is pretty simple. You spend 250k credits and 50 Division Tech for a small increase across all the stats (weapon damage, gear armor, stat roll, health roll, burn resistance, ammo capacity, whatever is on it) on a piece of equipment until everything is maxed out. Some stats may reach max before others, this does not decrease the cost - optimizing a chest piece to go from 2000 armor to 2001 armor with everything else maxed costs the same as a single optimization on a chest piece that is going to boost everything.

You want to have a pretty good idea that the gear and weapons you have are ones you're going to keep around with the attributes and talents you want before you start optimizing. Spending 50 DivTech per roll will make whatever supply you have vanish quickly. However you can reroll attributes or talents on already-optimized armor and weapons and this will only reset the attribute/talent you're rerolling, not the whole thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DT isn't so hard to get these days thanks to West Side Piers. As long as you can do them the constantly respawning Alert missions give you 3 DT per completion and there is a mini-assignment on a 15 minute cooldown that gives a cache with 1 DT - each 15 minute assignment is a minor combat thing like "15 kills from within 10 meters" or "15 skill kills" or "5 melee kills." You still don't want to spend 50 on something you aren't sure you want but if you don't mind grinding then you won't ever go without.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

Speaking of the chest with elec vs stam, how does armor work? Usually the difference in the armor stat between a purple and a green is huge.

Excuse the perhaps confusing terms but Toughness on the main stat screen displays your effective overall health but it is not your actual health. Toughness is a calculation made from your actual health and damage reduction. Damage reduction can come from armor, but also can come from skills (such as smart/mobile cover) or talent buffs (like the "kill enemy while moving" talent) and your Toughness will change as these buffs are applied or run out. You can see your actual health before damage reduction is taken into account somewhere on the list of stats on the Character screen.

I don't know the actual numbers on how much damage 1 armor reduce but basically, in Survival, more Toughness is king until/unless you can spend the resources on trying to get the stats you want or split the difference by crafting firearm/stamina/electronic mods. There are a few other factors to consider, probably the most important factor in PVE Survival is if a piece of gear has the Damage to Elites on it, but more Toughness until you can craft yellow armor is the best thing to have.

Basically look at your toughness. If you've got a purple piece and are replacing a blue piece, is your toughness going down? You may not want it then. Check its stats (Quickly! You're dying!), does it have Damage to Elites and do you still want to clear any pre-DZ landmarks? That might be worth losing a bit of toughness. Will it unlock a talent on your gun that could make a difference (Ferocious or Destructive, for example)? That might be worth losing a bit of toughness. But overall, toughness is best.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Dec 27, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

You know what, something they could do to make Survival a bit more exciting is exactly what they did for Underground, more Hunters. I don't mean spawning 2 of them for a player at an extraction or anything like that but the possibility of one spawning after clearing a landmark or maybe just randomly in the street once a player has reached a Gear Score threshold.

Edit: I should add RE: the current Hunters if you kill one at an extraction but miss the helicopter for some reason (maybe you died from bleeding or went to revive someone) you will not get another Hunter spawning at the same extraction. You will only ever spawn 1 Hunter per extraction zone.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 27, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Psion posted:

it really depends on build but figure about 7k+ in the main, 4k in your secondary, whatever you can get in the last. Classified is just higher numbers.

you want enough in your various stats to activate weapon talents (why I suggest 4k secondary) and then you have a main and a dump stat, usually.

probably FA main, stam secondary for you.

You don't need classy to do any pve content. It's a nice bonus, absolutely, but that's it. I'm not sure what pvp looks like to say whether or not it's "required" there.

If its DZ PVP against organized manhunts I'm betting its a good chance you'll be fighting against Classified gear so it'll matter more in there but Last Stand and I believe? Skirmish is normalized to regular gear levels (ie. 1272 max in a stat, though the 5 and 6 piece bonuses can still be activated I think) so everyone is on the same level in that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Does the DZ drop Classy stuff at all?

Assuming the odds haven't changed since last I saw them, its a 3% chance for any Classified item to drop from a Named enemy and I think a 1% chance for them to drop as a bonus item in gearset caches. There's also a 1% chance for them to drop as a bonus item from Field Proficiency caches. Don't know about any other caches.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Roman posted:

I tried Marco's Solo DZ Nomad build and even with chest & backpack with ammo capacity I don't understand how he doesn't run out of ammo every few minutes, when running 2 ARs and Immunizer instead of Ammo Box. I assume his is just for PVP only because gently caress trying to clear landmarks with that build, you'd have to go back to checkpoints constantly

It’s safe to assume that unless Marco specifically says otherwise everything he does is for PVP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Twlight posted:

How is everyone farming div tech? I can do some loops in the dz to make around 50 a day with caches. I know the WSP is dropping div tech now as well but I would assume the DZ comes out in a per div tech per hour formula? That D3 build video is insane.

Assuming no one else is going for the same sealed caches/DT cases you are and assuming you don't die or have to wait out Rogues then the DZ is faster. WSP is just you and the NPCs.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I really wanna try Survival. Haven't found anyone to play it with me yet. :smith:

Just get in there. Put it on PVE and see what happens. All you really need to know is to generally make your way toward the DZ, craft a filter, know when to run away or avoid fights, and keep an eye out for minor landmarks (ie. subways or maintenance tunnels, building interiors, car parks, construction sites, etc, things not literally marked as a "landmark" on the big map) because that's generally where you're going to find stuff. Once you're in the DZ it's just the same thing until you're geared up, avoid fights, collect materials, craft good stuff. Everything else people talk about it is just optimizing your route and time.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Minidust posted:

Right now I've got a Larae chestpiece for those cooldown bonuses, ninjabag, and 3 actual Tac pieces (no classy). What's a good final item to give me a good 2-piece (1+ninjabag) bonus? Trying Alphabridge for now but I'm not actually sure how "100% regen" works and if it's really worthwhile. Trying to replicate how cavalier I was with my health back when I was rocking 3/4-piece nomad bonuses.

The 100% regen applies to the health you get back as long as you don't completely deplete a section of the health bar. I don't know if it means it'll start regenerating 100% faster or if you get back twice as much when it does start to kick in. But if you lose an entire segment then it will remain gone until you get healed from other sources like normal.

It's not very useful.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

As someone who has been doing a fair bit of Underground lately it's still not a great chance of exotics because I've yet to see a single one from Hunters, though I have gotten a single Classified piece. You're probably still better off doing legendaries unless you can't just get a group that can finish it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Him getting cut off by his death was perfect.

Makes you wonder if he even knows that happen and continued to rant for a few seconds minutes afterwards.

Edit: What is the counter to Predator bleed anyways? I know the Immunizer station doesn't prevent it but can remove it if you run out and back into its range... but can anything else remove it once you have it?

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Dec 30, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Hulk Krogan posted:

What are some good DZ builds that don't require classified gear? Are non-set skull gloves sets viable at all? I put together a 3 Banshee/ 2 Predator/ Ninja Bag set with a House and an M4 which seems decent. It chews through yellow bars easily enough with 6k+ FA and SMG/AR damage gloves, but I haven't had a chance to test it out against other players.

Edit: Also, can you save gear mods to different pieces in different loadouts like you can weapon mods, or are they tied to whatever holster/mask/whatever that you slot them into?

Gear mods will switch just like weapon mods.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Wamdoodle posted:

I didn't get it at launch but this is the image that I remember most when it came out:

Yeah, I don't know what it is but the gameplay loop really keeps me coming back.

At the beginning players could not pass through other player models under any cirumstances and a lot of the time you had to be in a specific spot to access something, ie. an ammo box or an NPC behind a table. Feel like trolling? Go AFK in front of an ammo box or mission-critical NPC. You just blocked it for literally everyone else.

That picture, however, is of the exact opposite happening due to the same issue. A bunch of regular people patiently waiting their turn in an orderly line.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It also makes for an easy shorthand to international symbolism being the seat of the UN.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Das_Ubermike posted:

How the hell do you build a flaregun in Survival? I couldn't figure out how to craft the 2 divtech pieces needed for it. It looks like you're supposed to make green then blue then yellow, but I didn't see an option for making green? Are you supposed to get them from supply crates or as drops from enemies? I made it into the DZ with 35 minutes to spare but ended up dying to disease before I could extract.

Along the same note, where can I find anti-virals? Do I even need them to extract?

The anti-virals are marked on your map/HUD with a magnifying glass, or if you zoom in on the map DNA symbol, as soon as you enter the DZ. It's possible for the case you need to be inside a DZ landmark but its usually in a place where you can get it without fighting the enemies there if you look hard enough.

I also don't know why there's green/blue options for DT in Survival.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I actually like DZ03 and hiding in the 2 story tent.

Dz02 across the way can wind up pretty dicy if you get hunters with certain weapons/skills, if they hide on the left, or if more agents show up to bring out more hunters.

I don't like DZ03 half the time because it seems half the time I get a Hunter with a healbox and then they just sit around behind a wall. If things really go that wrong across the street at DZ02 you can just slip out the opposite side of the building, craft some medkits if you need to.

Das_Ubermike posted:

Thanks. I was able to actually get some anti-virals and attempt to extract on my 4th go-around, but I got smoked by the hunter. I thought that the Ballistic Shield could be used with an SMG so I spent my extra divtech funbucks making a yellow one, only to discover when I whipped it out that I could only use my pistol (which I never replaced once I started) with it....

Still had a good time though. I had about 35 minutes remaining until the disease got me. I wonder if I should have geared up a bit more before taking on the hunter? I guess green and blue armor probably won't cut it huh?

You can only use an SMG with your shield when you are wearing 4 or more pieces of the D3-FNC gear set, which you can't get in Survival.

The way to make the Survival DZ easy mode is to learn not only where you can get DivTech in the DZ but regular crafting materials as well. All boxes in the DZ drop 1 gold piece of its corresponding material type, they aren't quite as common as outside the DZ but a good source is usually at or around landmarks - much like an anti-viral cache you can typically get inside landmarks and loot them without alerting the elites. Enemies out on the streets can drop blue or gold materials, as well as purple items which will break down into 2 blue materials (mostly weapons and armor, but occasionally weapon and gear mods). 1 Division Tech can be turned into any other material in a safehouse as well. As soon as you've crafted two weapons (Custom M44 is basically mandatory, after that is your choice but I prefer AR's or LMG's) and your flare gun you can put all other DT you may have aside for other materials.

If you're interested in pulling the most loot out of Survival as possible what I would suggest is first learning the map. Don't worry about clearing landmarks for their Survival caches and just be satisfied with the regular caches that are everywhere in the DZ. You should still go to landmarks though, learn their layout, the ways in, if there's anything good in or around them you can grab without alerting the enemies there. For example, the Construction Site landmark south of the Library and north of the Gas Station - there's a rope on the north side that leads to the top floor and if you take it up you'll find a DivTech case overlooking the LMB on the second floor. You might alert them if they happen to be looking your way when you grab the case but they can't kill you that quickly and it's just a quick jog back to the rope; enemies will not leave landmarks.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rubicon posted:

How much harder are the Legendary missions vs Challenging missions? What about Incursions?

I'd like to start doing them and getting the exotic caches.

Legendary missions are very much harder than Challenging. Enemies are much more aggressive, dodge roll and move around a lot, have more health, hit harder, all that good stuff. They are also not all Elite enemies which actually sounds good at first but then you realize that 1) the red and purple enemies are hitting as hard if not harder than Challenging elites and 2) all those Damage to Elite damage bonuses you have are now useless most of the time.

That said it's not impossible to solo them, though I wouldn't solo anything other than Times Square just because of the time it takes. If you don't have a good way to heal yourself though, just don't bother. You will need it.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I want to say those are the only exotics you'll ever get from world bosses? Or at least they're so much more likely than other exotics as to basically be the same thing.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Minidust posted:

Any tips for taking down drones solo in the "Courier Intercept" alerts? I'm wondering if I should make like a temporary build where I pump everything into making the most powerful sticky bomb possible. Or is a certain gun the way to go? drat things keep flying away.

Are you in WT5? I've never had an issue with them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If you're going to fight a Hunter close up another trick is to, and this will sound counter-intuitive, body shot them with the M44 first if you've got the room for a single shot. Unless you've managed to get high Firearms, damage to elites, and Ferocious rolled on all your gear you probably won't hurt them enough for them to realize they should probably heal. Now you need to burst down a Hunter at 2/3 health instead of full health.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Capn Beeb posted:

Also try chuggin a water and pulling a black market Saiga out of your Striker bag :q:

We're talking about Survival (I think?). Water doesn't do anything to your damage in that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pigdog posted:

One more question: what determines the quality of looted materials outside DZ? Thought it was the proximity to DZ, but some other post claimed it's your gear level.

I'm fairly certain its proximity based as I've gotten to the wall before with poo poo for equipment and picked up purples. I believe there's a chance for purples anywhere except the most outer edges of the map but it goes up as you get closer and depends on who you kill (ie. Rikers and LMB) - you'll never find greens past a certain point. I've pulled purples out of the sort of "second tier" helicopter crash locations before, the ones guarded by Rikers.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rick_Hunter posted:

For resources and gear boxes it's proximity, for drops it's most likely proximity and enemy quality but this is confusing because as you get closer you run into higher level and higher quality enemies. Landmarks are also a good source for equipment but you have compare the risk/reward there. I rarely do this though and I think there are only 2 LZ landmarks that I will clear.

There are a few landmarks I'll always hit given the chance because they're arranged in such a way that lets me kill things without being put in too much danger, or they're just piss easy.

The Subway in Stuy-whatever has a few regular cleaners in the tunnels or just outside of it but the landmark itself is just a red melee guy, red flamethrower, and purple engineer - and if you come at it from the west stairwell you can grab a weapon crate and landmark crate before engaging.

The LMB construction site at the mid-eastern edge is also easy because you can grab a weapon crate, an armor crate, and a landmark crate before engaging unless you get caught by the 3 red LMB in the yard outside.

I've had some bad luck with the AM Track in the midwest because there's not enough room to duck behind things and pop out elsewhere to confuse the enemy AI so I generally avoid it. I'll head straight to to the helicopter crash right near it though. Then it's up to the Playground landmark because if you approach from due west before a fence there's a ladder you can climb to a rooftop. There's a weapon crate up there and as long as you don't get cold you can be as careful as you want to while you kill the purple Rikers. And if you climb the ladder beside the playground itself this leads to a parking garage with 4 armor crates and a weapon crate which also has its main exit just down the street from a safehouse. And the opposite entrance on that safehouse comes out right in front of a "contamination" landmark (potentially guarded by purples or elites with reds on the roof) stuffed with a half dozen clothing loot boxes and various other boxes so with a bit of luck you may not even need to craft clothing after it. As long as you can handle the Playground it is a very lucrative 10 minutes.

If I start in the southwest the Cera Station is an easy one followed by the also-easy Subway Station Red just down the road from that.

If I luck out and get some good blues from the previous landmarks (plus various single crates along the way) I'll head straight to the Remnant of the Morgue because even though that's purple cleaners and an elite heavy flamer there's so much space popping their napalm tanks is real easy. If I don't have enough blues I'll keep going west to a "Courtyard" landmark then swing over to the Morgue if I think I still need the gear or materials.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I've never found the green/blue mods you can make worth backtracking over. If I have the tools when I'm in a safehouse, sure, but I'm not ever going backwards for them.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Use painkillers until they only last some 30 seconds or less. Just hold onto them at that point and just take one if you find an extra. Medicine the same but medicine takes a while for its effectiveness to become that short. I think it's only happened to me when I'm doing the DZ Landmark Infection Tour.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

My dudes extended mags are so good and worth backtracking for if you can do it. They completely change the DZ/hunter encounter dynamics.

If I’m bothering to extract I’m almost always first out even with backtracking.

Obviously don’t worry about it if you’re doing fine but maybe give it a try if you can?

I almost never get extended mags honestly, most times I don't even get the Omega suppressor, and I've never had a problem with Hunters. Even when I have to actually fight them face to face in the DZ02 extract (or elsewhere) because they just won't leave the parking garage. Heck before I gitted gud at Survival I almost never crafted a single weapon/gear mod, still got 6 Survival caches, and extracted just fine.

Edit: Don't do any DZ landmarks until you have at least your 2 high end weapons and 4/6 high end armor (Holster, mask/gloves, chest, in that order. Hope you get Damage to Elites, or Armor Damage, or something that is useful on them). If you're only in your third game I would honestly just say you should ignore clearing landmarks and just learn the map. Learn the layout of landmarks, how to get in without alerting them and what you can safely get, where you can safely fight from (a lot clearing landmarks for me involves headglitching the AI), that sort of thing.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 5, 2018

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Marogareh posted:

Got the game on sale after hearing a lot of the game going from garbage to gold and it's a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I hope the late game shotguns are good because they're pretty mediocre right now. Been using bolt action snipers as my main weapon for those delicious one hit kills on mooks.

Pump shotguns are never good compared to their automatic counterparts but they do finally start being useful as a main weapon (in PVE) when you are able to craft a build with them in mind.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Shoren posted:

Is PVP the best way to get the Vulture commendation for Survival? You're at risk of being killed by other agents of course, but you're also able to loot anyone you sneak up on and can kill. I guess PVE would be safer and probably more consistent, but less likely to find downed players.

Also, any PS4 goons down for Survival today or this weekend? I can mentor or we can otherwise just kill off landmarks.

The main issue I run into with that commendation is that no one ever dies near me... or I'm too far ahead of them to go back and get their stuff :smug:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Honestly if you want DivTech but are worried about Rogues or wasting your time because of Rogues just go to the Piers. The Alert missions respawn quickly and if you can handle Challenging missions solo then you can handle them. You even get a small chance at Classified and Exotics because one of the Alert missions is to kill 3 Named enemies who just hang around by themselves.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Rick_Hunter posted:

People dislike it because they think they've already paid Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo for their equipment so they should be able to matchmake like a PC player, right? Not really since you're using their proprietary matchmaking service using their hardware.

It's not like uPlay was free for Ubisoft to develop though. No one's had the balls to charge for their Steam-alike yet though, and probably won't unless Steam does it first.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

^burtle posted:

So sitting around 275 for Clancy level, at this point is the only thing that is going to push me up the high level of DZ / incursions? Even my caches have been pretty bland the last few weeks.

The optimization station (the table with what looks like an oven on top of it in the Terminal and Camp Clinton) is what is going to reliably push you higher. Anything 256 or above gear score is already max level but the closer something gets to 288? is the closer its stats and the attribute values are to maximum (so a chestpiece giving 14000 health is going to have a lower gear score than a chestpiece giving 16000 health).

Optimizing gives a small increase to all stats on weapons and armor that isn't already at max for a cost of 250,000 credits and 50 Division Tech. The cost is the same no matter how much the increase will be or how many stats will increase. The cost means you don't really want to use it for things you don't want to put into a build you want to keep.

This also means that gear score is NOT the number you want to look at right away in WT5. A set of armor with 256 gear score (lowest possible stats) that has the armor attributes you want and activates weapon talents on 256 weapons and will be superior to a random hodgepodge of armor and weapons that just happen to have a higher gear score.

Have a look at the kind of build you want (Do you want to use guns primarily? Which guns? Skills? Which skills?) and make one, then start worrying about gear score in WT5.

Zajajaja posted:

I too would like to know what places I should be going to with my 280 gearscore. Do incursions drop generally higher levels of gear? Exotics? Classys?

Legendary missions will drop an exotic cache and I think Incursions do? Or at least heroic ones?

While Named enemies anywhere have a chance to drop a Classified item and you will find them in incursions so yes to that but incursions are still kind of slow so you're probably better off doing the world bosses or HVTs unless you've already done them.

Also do you have a build to go along with that gear score? See above.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Is Resistance possible to really do solo without being decked out? Is there anything specific I should know going in?

I mean, you're not going to get to Wave 50 or whatever but you can certainly get through the first few waves and see how long you can last after that.