Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super86
Apr 20, 2016
Ok guys, I'm pretty stupid so even after reaching Lv 30 I can't figure this by myself. I need to ask some fellow goons who actually know what they're doing:

-What does Armor do exactly? What does a point of armor mean?
-In the UI, below your magazine/total ammo numbers, and to the left of your current grenade, there is another number. What is that?
-What does the "% enemy armor damage" stat do?
-What does the "% skill haste" stat do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

Sandweed posted:

Armor ads to your armor, for your total damage resist look in your stats screen.

That's how much amo your other gun has in its magazine.

That's extra damage you do to enemies with armor. The white bars above enemies health.

Skill haste reduces the cooldown of skills.

Thanks a lot!

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

SlimGoodbody posted:

This game is fun but every time I play it I just wish it had been a Judge Dredd licensed game instead of a Tom Clancy licensed game. Think about it:

- Megacity One is like New York squared
- Judges are ridiculous and would be fun to play as
- cooler guns, armor, and clothing
- mutants, robots, psychics in addition to normies, so you don't feel like an idiot sinking forty thousand rounds into a hungry guy in a hoodie
- still primarily about being a badass gun fighter with neat tech powers
- wasteland outside the walls could be like the Dark Zone, or just have "lawless/DMZ blocks" in the city
- the fascism would be satirical

That would be glorious. The more I think about it, the more I realize the spirit of the game and the mechanics are almost tailored to be a Judge. Ohh it would be SO great.

Super86
Apr 20, 2016
Been doing a little PvP lately. Particularly, Skirmish. Besides the fun, I've found it to be a surprisingly good source of classified pieces when opening the reward caches.

Anybody here does PvP? It doesn't seem too popular from what I've seen. (Except for Russians. All games were full of Russians. And all Russians in the DZ are rogues, no exceptions).

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

Guillermus posted:

I don't enjoy PVP at all on this game. I'm a pve player and if I want to kill other players I rather play a normal shooter without the rpg mechanics.

From what I've seen, it's a shitfest of Predators and Striker's, although with some space for other sets to work. It's fun, but the set imbalance is obvious.

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

JackOfferman posted:

You mean Strikers only the DLC? The times I have played it have been pretty awful because of hit detection and latency. There was one game I did pretty well with 7/2, but there are a lot of games I am in where people have PVP level of 80+ and go 16/2. Just tons of chunk damage and warping.

I did a last stand game on my 3rd char that I got to 30/WT5 that was a lot of fun. Though queuing up took awhile.

Latency was fine for me, didn't notice any warping.

Matchmaking seems a bit random. Sometimes one of the teams gets completely stomped by the other, but games are quick enough and teams are reshuffled every round.

Super86
Apr 20, 2016
After reading the GE rules, am I mistaken, or the optimal strategy for all players in a team is 1 headshot to a random NPC, switch target, repeat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super86
Apr 20, 2016

Guillermus posted:

I've done a couple of DZ runs with goons where I got like 130ish divtech per run, almost 300 divtech in more than two hours wich is real nice. Sure now you can get 25 with a daily and 100 for a weekly but DZ will still be the best for divtech farming if you get a good group and a route.

Can't wait for this patch already, my firecrest set is ready with a big Alejandro and a house both with determined to throw incendiary grenades 24/7. :getin:

Why no MDR?