Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

I cracked up like a loving moron when I did this. The civvy tried to run, slipped on some ice and fell on her butt. :haw:

Also with three of the loving things I suppose I should give Bliss' holster a shot. Does it make sidearm worth a drat?

Owning civies is possible via the gas/flame/shrapnel bombs strewn about the world. There’s one on the street north of Amhert’s apartment before the world boss that is most definitely set up in the path of a ton of civies for this very purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Playing a bit before I head off to the folks for dinner and holy poo poo, Classy striker mask drops for me again!

Pick it up and a group of rogues instantly come around the corner and drop me, stealing it.

I swear I send off some sort of loving pheromone when in the DZ.

If you actually really really need a piece and it drops in the DZ while you’re solo, do NOT pick it up. Stand over the loot and pick up the other pieces, in a really obvious way and see if you can smoke out any possible rogues. Wander around a bit and get a feel for the server.

If you have to get it out Solo for some reason, wait for a contamination event or a manhunt that’s far from a safer extract. Go back and grab the poo poo off the ground once you have 8/9 things in your pack. Extract at Dz04 east or 05 west.

Even better, run to a loving safe house and put out an apb for some bros to help you extract with blue and green and yellow ults, turrets and shock nades at the ready.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao if you wanna make a striker salty, EMP him and then bleed him out with Predator while emoting

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol, I imagine he'd been steamrolling everyone till he went up against your hard counter.

He got me once first, jumped me from behind at a supply drop where I was being dumb and he was able to run up fully stacked from mooks. That's not how the other encounters played out. Unfortunately I only recorded the immediately following encounter, where I didn't have EMP. :( but since he was a poo poo talker I made his life hell following this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/A%20Buff%20Gay%20Dude/video/41617593

imagine that but turned up to 11 after the disrupts

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 29, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
his complete corncobbing ended with him asking me to join up with him lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

Him getting cut off by his death was perfect.

Makes you wonder if he even knows that happen and continued to rant for a few seconds minutes afterwards.

Edit: What is the counter to Predator bleed anyways? I know the Immunizer station doesn't prevent it but can remove it if you run out and back into its range... but can anything else remove it once you have it?

EDR mitigates it, immunizer and med kits have a one time cancel, using canned food to buff healing

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hulk Krogan posted:

What are some good DZ builds that don't require classified gear? Are non-set skull gloves sets viable at all? I put together a 3 Banshee/ 2 Predator/ Ninja Bag set with a House and an M4 which seems decent. It chews through yellow bars easily enough with 6k+ FA and SMG/AR damage gloves, but I haven't had a chance to test it out against other players.

Edit: Also, can you save gear mods to different pieces in different loadouts like you can weapon mods, or are they tied to whatever holster/mask/whatever that you slot them into?

non set skull gloves are viable but you can't run the Hybrid build 6/4/5 or whatever from 1.7, you either need to invest in firearms with a bit of stam or electronics with a bit of stam. MDR isn't great on console any more due to stamina being back in a good way, people can get up in your face again so an lvoac or m4 or house is probably better

3 banshee 2 pred will still work but you need to be able to hard counter Striker and Banshee (emp and edr/immunity station, respectively, so if you are solo and running conceal pulse, pick your poison). Nomad, well, you will lose to a good nomad build most likely. Nomad is a pita

But really - unless you are looking for trouble you can easily get by in the DZ without a 6pc classy meta set.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hakarne posted:

6200 FA, but I stack a lot of multipliers. I'm running an offensive D3-FNC/Ninjabike/Nomad set up with classified pieces and Big Alejandro/The House. Most people seem to run the shield in a defensive set up but those shield damage mods add a LOT of damage, and the shield lets you be really aggressive and push up on NPCs. I also use purple stam mods with DTE. Combined with Nomad, poo poo just melts and you get a nice 15% heal for everyone you kill.

Here's a video I did of my first Solo Lex Challenging run with The House, a nice <10 minute clear. I love this gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5fGZznE7o

yeah it's funny, the opposite of what everyone was thinking is happening: 6pc DFNC for PvP in a group, offensive NBB DFNC for pve in a group

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A good smg is great for leveling because most enemies don’t have armor and when they do, you probably should be far away and using a sniper rifle.

SMG innate bonus of crit chance works on everything.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hakarne posted:

Yeah my second favorite build is classified nomad (actually 5 piece with a Barrett's Vest). I was still able to do challenging lex in under 10 minutes, challenging UG, solo DZ landmarks etc with the Nomad and you're still pretty tanky. However, for me personally I can do everything faster and better with my D3-FNC set. Admittedly this may be because I've been using it since the D3-FNC set was put in the game and I just know its quirks better. But nomad is definitely my 2nd choice by a longshot and it's very solid. The one thing it does have on the shield is mobility - I loved being able to move around and reposition without having to worry about that 1 second delay while you deploy the shield.

If you have classy striker you owe it to yourself to do either a 4/9/3 shotgun/ar build or a 4/6/5 build with a skilled/determined/commanding M4 for perma tac link. I’ll post a vid soon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Anniversary posted:

So I'm a less than week old player who had a friend power me to end game and I'm now on WT5 and replaying missions on Challenging, but don't think I've seen more than a single classified item so far. Is their drop rate just super, super low compared to regular set items?

Any generic advice for gearing? I've been reading the thread and have looked at the posted maps, but single monitor life makes it hard to follow them sometimes.

Get your rear end to the DZ and kill named guys or get on that Resistance farm if you want classy gear right now. Always try and run in a group so you can share stuff.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

So, something I wondered... Is there a unique sort of culture surrounding NYC and its history? I'm English and it seems that a lot of media I enjoy - this, Castle, a bunch of other US stuff - has a big, big theme of New Yorkers being super in love with the city and treating it as a beating heart of their lives.

I appreciate this is partly due to fiction being very dramatic, but it seems especially common with this city. I don't recall the same with, say, Chicago. Just curious if anything in real life is pushing this or if I'm just being weird and reading too much into it.

New York is our London but without any of the bullshit that accompanies being the seat of the national government.

It’s also where pretty much all of the European immigrants landed when arriving here so for lots of people it has a special place in their hearts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Das_Ubermike posted:

Thanks. I was able to actually get some anti-virals and attempt to extract on my 4th go-around, but I got smoked by the hunter. I thought that the Ballistic Shield could be used with an SMG so I spent my extra divtech funbucks making a yellow one, only to discover when I whipped it out that I could only use my pistol (which I never replaced once I started) with it....

Still had a good time though. I had about 35 minutes remaining until the disease got me. I wonder if I should have geared up a bit more before taking on the hunter? I guess green and blue armor probably won't cut it huh?

Yeah i don’t gently caress with hunters without a yellow m44 sniper or yellow ACR and a yellow holster.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I actually like DZ03 and hiding in the 2 story tent.

Dz02 across the way can wind up pretty dicy if you get hunters with certain weapons/skills, if they hide on the left, or if more agents show up to bring out more hunters.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I like killing hunters, ama

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Psion posted:

Yeah, classified items are a separate drop completely. Its possible - and has happened to me, actually - to get both an exotic and a classified from the same boss.

Yes and here is proof. The luckiest field proficiency cache of all time

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
There’s no way *I* can be the guy who flips tails 69 times in a row!?!?!?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Knifegrab posted:

Finally one more question: What are all the ways I can up signature skill recovery speed? I want to be able to pop off recovery link like its going out of style.

You want to try and run a gun with determined(7.5% skill cooldown reduction per kill, including sig) and skilled(5% sig cooldown reduction per headshot kill, which is objectively worse than Determined but it stacks, so 12.5% sig cooldown reduction per headshot kill).

To get both these skills active you need ~5k electronics, so if you're not able to do that, just have a weapon with determined in the free slot. (Note that a double barrel sawed off shotgun in the pistol slot can roll determined in the free. Normal pistols don't have a free slot aside from the default Expert perk.

You could also roll coolheaded as well but it only rolls on MMRs and Pistols. It's a deec but not great skill but at least it doesn't require you to actually kill anything, so if you're a piss-boi medic with no DPS you can use a sniper from inside your support station or out of harm's way.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol some jackass snuck in and grabbed some drops off of the cleaner guys as I was clearing out the LZ landmark right on the SWborder of the DZ and said some snarky poo poo, and guess who I see in my feed go down in the DZ trying to clear the LMB roadblock landmark? Yup, same guy.

I have never Beelined so fast to a guy’s corpse in my life, I wonder what it looked like to watch me emote on his unconscious rear end for the entirety of his bleed out. He dropped me basically a full set of yellow armor, a yellow rpk and a ton of mats too :D

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol i 1v6ed a huge pack of hunters on the DZ04 extract after they wiped out all the idiots I was shadowing to finish off the Vulture cheevo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poptart_fairy posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress. My highest score is still only 14k.

once you get to the DZ craft and drop your flare gun and pick it up a bunch to hit the 20k weekly amount. Craft 2 if you can to speed up the process. That's probably more like a 19k score without that. I like survival but it's tough to play more than 4 games a week, so I'd rather one on each of my characters for the 4 weekly caches.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rick_Hunter posted:

How? If you get there soon enough you can run a G-ddamn train on the DZ. If I don't clear at least 8-9 landmarks, I seriously hosed up.

but yeah also this, if you want to get a legit 20k+ score clear landmarks in the DZ. Start with rioter ones and cleaner ones, then Riker or LMB ones once you're rolling

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Captain Beans posted:

What kind of gear/ability/loadout were you running?

I’m one of the idiots who gets killed in groups by hunters constantly. So any tips on how to approach fights with hunters is appreciated. (I know how to cheese them at some of the extracts, but that’s lame).

M44 and black market rpk, both yellow. I also had a pretty full set of yellow armor.

The key is at the very start of your survival run, once you have 4 green tools, doubling back to an outside ring LZ safehouse and making two green extended mags. Keep them in your guns as you upgrade. Hunters are dodgy shitheads so having a 50%+ larger mag is a huge help to burst them down.

I’m a big fan of the black market rpk for hunter encounters, the out of cover bonus on LMGs owns when they charge you and an AR’s armor damage is worthless against hunters. The m44 can drop them in 3 shots generally, but they only like to give up 2 hits before hiding or healing. I use it more for 2 quick headshots if I can.

Always run pulse and be super careful. I like to run first aid so my med kits are just for rezing or the emergency 3rd.

The thing I have found win hunters is they are easier to deal with as a solo player, save for when random idiots come into your extract and spawn more in a bad spot. If people do this to me I stop fighting the hunters and bail, then reposition to watch the fight and generally watch the new arrivals get owned.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Psion posted:

It's this one. Generally, whatever your skillpower is at the time you deploy any skill determines that skill's strength. what I did when I ran a build similar to yours was deploy the station, get to full health, and then deploy my other skill like a turret or BFB or something and get the boosted strength on that second one. not sure if that's gonna help you out or not, but it's a thing you could do.

definitely run pulse, agreed. The thing with survival hunters is they don't have armor so you can burst them down hard. Be super careful in terms of positioning, yes - always have a quick way to get into cover, break LOS, and retreat. But be aggressive when you start firing on one so you can finish it fast. Don't give the hunter time to heal, just get in there and shred his face and it's over, done. Playing too carefully gets you killed by a hunter, if that makes sense. like take care to have a safe route out you can get to in a second, but don't be overly tentative about engaging in the first place.

this assumes you aren't M44 sniping which is just find a place where they won't rush you and pixel-snipe their head twice in a row.

yeah thats a super good clarifying point

you need to be careful about positioning and having an escape route and avoiding the flank if more show up

but you need to know exactly when to get aggressive to finish them off. The AI is pretty good against the level of gear you can bring to a fight in survival, so when you have the window you need to recognize it and be able to act

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

iSheep posted:

I always craft the G36 + the attachments that do crit bonuses. Throw in some firearms mods and it melts down hunters fairly quick if they get close enough.

G36 is not great: it always rolls focused in the free which is useless against hunters, you’re always using skills. Other guns could get something awesome in the free slot. Also AR-intrinsic enemy armor damage is worthless agains them, so even the ACR isn’t great.

Try a black market RPK, you’ll never look back.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah the last patch bumped up the out of cover damage for machine guns, they are kinda good now

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rotten posted:

I still haven't gotten a full classy set of anything so I'm running two MG5's with a ninjabike bag and lonestar, with a few other sets going and it's pretty fun. It's like an unlimited ammo cheat code. Listen to Archspire and chug out bullets.

Make sure you play the GE one after next when lonestar is back, you haven’t heard anything like a tac link berserker Big Alejandro

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

We're talking about Survival (I think?). Water doesn't do anything to your damage in that.

Yeah the way to beat hunters in Underground is to turn on the Shock Ammo directive.

Survival hunters are waaaayyy different given your gear and consumables are dramatically limited

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You can’t craft extended mags at mid ring hideouts. Only on the edges.

Mid rings are where you make an omega rifle suppressor.

Next to and in the dz you can’t craft either.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Fuzz posted:

Hunters basically always have a decently high chance at dropping Exotics or Classy pieces.

UG hunters.

I motion for hunters to always be called either UG Hunters or Survival Hunters because while they are the “same thing” they are very different in context. And if you’re just getting back into the game, as many people are, it’s confusion all around.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Man it is too bad Deadeye is kinda poo poo now, because Devil/Heel are so drat good in that setup.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
My dudes extended mags are so good and worth backtracking for if you can do it. They completely change the DZ/hunter encounter dynamics.

If I’m bothering to extract I’m almost always first out even with backtracking.

Obviously don’t worry about it if you’re doing fine but maybe give it a try if you can?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Captain Beans posted:

Still new to survival - what are you focusing on when you're not bothering to extract? I thought basically all rewards required extraction.

Getting 20k points for the weekly, getting weird achievements like -22 degree protection or scavenging from corpses (most of which are in the LZ and you’re gonna be hurting for div tech if you’re late to the dz party.

Survival caches and the like aren’t actually that great once you’re geared up in classifieds.

Extracting is fun though, survival hunter fights are the best if you don’t cheese them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also if you’re pvp survivaling you could just be wandering around looking to gently caress up peoples’ days lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ImpactVector posted:

E:oops, wrong thread.

More relevantly to this one, the survival chat has been really helpful. I haven't extracted yet, but I got to the DZ on the 3rd try (my last). Ate it when I got in over my head trying to do a landmark.

It’s easier to extract than clear some landmarks imho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kibayasu posted:

Pump shotguns are never good compared to their automatic counterparts but they do finally start being useful as a main weapon (in PVE) when you are able to craft a build with them in mind.

I absolutely wreck people in pvp with a responsive in the free vicious deadly tactical super 90 on my classy striker.

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jan 5, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Knifegrab posted:

Seeker mine for life fite me :colbert:

Does reckless cause skills to deal more damage as well?

For tac builds I actually like running inventive backpack and vig chest, the running bfb sticky and defib.

Your defib will basically always be up and your vig chest will let you always have full health for your backpack to give you the 15% bonus.

For single player you might like the additional survivability but you don’t get the second offensive skill for keeping the heat off your rear end, so the reckless backpack two offensive skill build might be more your style.

For group play the bomb/defib/vig/inventive is the way to go.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Knifegrab posted:

BFB isn't a balldroid :getout:

I get what you are saying but if I am going healy build I will just use my reclaimer build since it has god-heals. Tactician is for dps only IMO

it's good at DPS but it's the better healer for PVP and great as secondary healer in PvE (two reclaimers is almost always stupid).

You get your BFB back so quickly with an optimized build that you're still making GBS threads out massive DPS, and your survivability is off the charts, plus you have an emergency long distance revive for your flankers.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Knifegrab posted:

If yer gonna heal why not actually do good healing with reclaimer? Sure its got slightly lower burst heal potential with first aid but I mean... you get a reclaimer station.

because tac healer is better under many circumstances. dont get me wrong, reclaimer is great, i have 4 dudes and each has a classy reclaimer loadout. But the box is a target and limits mobility.

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah I mean I get why you would do it but that seems boring to me, I need more DEEEEPS man

Also more cute little seeker mines and less BFB.

First sentence is fine.

Second is sacrilege!!! BFB is outstanding in 1.8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll probably never roll a Tac build for regular use, but I sure as poo poo appreciate it when the Tac guy in your party vaporizes a mob of elite dudes for you.

I ran my tac build when we did warrengate legendary last night, we had the timed room cleared with 5:25 remaining.