Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Guillermus posted:

I'm gonna clear the map from collectibles from today until the 28th. I guess the fastest and if I'm going just for the xp caches is to tune WT to 1, right?

then you'll get lovely wt1 caches so that seems like a fuckawful idea. im clearing all the collectibles too. so far I have got 66 caches. kill me.

unrelated: why the gently caress cant i sort the items in my cache, i just want to sort my elbow pads by set so I can kill the lovely ones. I dont wan't to have to send them all to my inventory to do it because my inventory is full of unopened caches. life is so hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Rick_Hunter posted:

Seems that the game looks at your current gear and not the world tier for determining your loot. I got 4 complete xp bars at wt1 and all items were 256+. So farm those collectibles at wt1 and run with double shotties or whatever to make it more interesting. Maybe just run around in your TA gear to get skill kills.

WELL THAT AINT WHAT THE WIKI SAY
anyway I cleared everything except piers and now I got 91 caches and i...dont really want to play any more -_-

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
is there a right way to kill those giant rikers machine gun assholes when you're solo? I know you can shoot em in the back to set them off, but that doesnt help much when they're facing you and murdering the gently caress out of you at a million dps
at the moment I stay more or less in cover and just try to spam them down before they kill me, which mostly works but is a shitload harder than almost anything else in the game

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
oh, it turns out I have been getting classified sets, I just didn't notice the icons and so have been vendoring them

so thats cool

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Veritas posted:

Thanks for posting that. Put together that build, and i think it might be my favorite. I even got lucky and crafted a god roll LVOA with predatory, destructive, and determined. Running around with 50% skill haste, 461k skillpower (w/ 30 tact stacks). World boss farming goes by super fast, i don't even have to shoot my gun. Don't have ELE mods with +skill power, but ELE with skill haste seems to work just fine.

edit:

It owns :black101:

I kind of hate it bcause you just sit and wait for cooldowns and hope you don't get rushed by shotgunners. Watching the gameplay example video, that is not a super thrilling experience for me. And the skill power values with stacks dont mean poo poo because after the first sticky of a mission you dont have stacks, since if you stick your head out at all you get melted :saddowns:.
maybe i bad???

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

psilo posted:

Getting to WT5 and starting the gear grind has been quite overwhelming. My bag is constantly 90% full cause I'm trying to collect every possible set and unsure what to sell. It's even worse with the gear mods. I feel like I would need some sort of spreadsheet to keep track of all my gear and stuff and to plan ahead. I don't even know if I should be selling or deconstructing my extra stuff... :negative:

sell most stuff till you have literally a billion dollars (not mods, deconstruct those)
Look at the various gear set bonuses and think "does this playstyle appeal to me at all". If yes, chuck those sets in your stash and every so often go through and trash the ones that arent the best in each slot. If no, trash it - you'll get more soon enough if you change your mind
Weapon mods...I looked up what the good ones are (eg here) and I just trash the rest. Gear mods I just hang on to like 6 of each kind for the stat ones, and the useful looking performance mods. I keep one of each exotic for funsies.

ALSO CLASSIFIED GEAR HAS A LITTLE FOLDER ICON ON IT DONT SELL OR DECONSTRUCT THAT

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Psion posted:

One modifier for the GE will be always active in every part of the Division (except maybe PVP) - so survival, open world, missions, etc. This is traditionally a buff to the players. There's also a five mission GE playlist, where you can enable a second and third modifier, which get you even more GE credits, but you earn some amount from almost everything, playlist or no. You can turn your GE credits in to a vendor in the basement of the BoO (side room past the crafting/optimizing tables) and get GE caches at 900 and 1500 credits each. The 900 caches are a trap, get the 1500 caches only.

these have a fairly good but not guaranteed chance to drop a classified item from the current GE only and also contain exotics, so it's in your best interest to just get as many as possible, and curse the RNG like the rest of us when you just can't get that last drat set item :v:

there's also commendations specific to the GE which will unlock masks and cipher key fragments as usual.

the tl;dr is just play the game, get GE credits, buy 1500 credit caches, get stuff, curse RNG, repeat

e: if you're solo then farming the world bosses is a solid way to get stuff; 150 credits each plus a chance at classifieds themselves, repeat every 4 hours. Matchmake Lex or Clear Sky (most likely) in the meantime. HVTs are usually a good investment in time/credits as well, or if you can find a quiet session, loop through the DZ and kill bosses.

Looks like it was 150 per underground boss - that's not bad for a 5-10 minute gig, is it?

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Any PS4 people around to help me do the last daily for Underground to get my weekly? I'm just shy of rank 30 and won't be able to make it.

PSN is DocFuzz

you'll need underground level 35 to do the 3-phase 5-mod thing anyway, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Fuzz posted:

Already did it with friends. Literally just need 1 more daily, the Hard one.

Huh, I didn't know you could do it like that.
Well im on PC anyway so :colbert: