Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
There's one bonus mission that does this, but it uses a mechanic we haven't seen yet so I can't discuss it too much. I *think* it's possible to layer multiple creeper vents in a single tile, and set some of them to trigger later than others, though I'm pretty sure that there aren't any official maps that do this. I've definitely seen it in 3 and Particle Fleet, though. There aren't really any time constraints outside of score on the vast majority of missions, though, especially in 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is one of the few maps that Relays can be useful on; since connections can pass over terrain regardless of height, you can build a relay to the back side of the pyramid in the little gap where Creeper can't reach, then post a blaster in the corresponding spot on the front. It won't cap the vent on its own since it splits its attention to both sides, but it does cut down on the amount that flows down pretty heavily.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
I don't think it's possible to cheese this mission, the totems instantly lose charge as soon as the connection to Odin City is cut. You might be able to get the top and middle three with careful positioning and taking advantage of the blind spot but the bottom one is impossible.

Blind Sally posted:

I was pretty stoked on the trailers for Creeper World 3 so that's what I have on my Steam wishlist. I might have to check out the congregate version though.

3 is probably the best of the series so far, especially if you disregard Particle Fleet. I'd recommend playing the Kongregate version first just to see if you like it, though; it's twelve maps long, none of which show up in the actual game, so you won't spoil yourself or anything.

kvx687 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 23, 2018

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Tech Domes are a pretty elegant bit of design, in that they're the biggest throwback to CW1's idea that territory=power. You'll want to have a decent number of them to get technologies in any kind of reasonable time frame, but the power drain and their cost going up by five for every one you build means you have to be strategic about build order, especially in later missions when time and/or space is at a premium, but once you have a decent power income you can start really pushing them out to help speed up the later game.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Creeper will overflow onto empty space at 5000 depth IIRC. There aren't many levels where you'll see this without absurd stalling, but a few gimmicky levels can run into the limit.

Also, this is a level late, but- I think you may be overvaluing having all three command nodes on the map. They only provide 1 power and an additional storage space for energy/AC, and they take up as much space as 9 or so regular units. When you're as space and energy constrained as you were on Titan it may have been a better idea to use the space for reactors or additional weapons.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
'Empty space' is, from what I can tell, mechanically just a 5000-unit tall wall, if nearby creeper reaches higher than that it'll overflow into the void. This is one of the few maps where that can happen without spending ludicrous amounts of time. It's pretty difficult if you haven't figured out how good powered-up Berthas are!

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Word of advice: you can turn off various sirens, death noises, and event popups in the options menu. I would highly advise shutting off basically all of them before starting the PAC maps (the two Arc Eternal Redemption ones), the engine was not designed for them and the way they're coded means you tend to get spammed with ludicrous amounts of them pretty much constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
One thing I don't think you noticed- the different types of bridges are labelled 'freeze' or 'kill'-type. Freeze bridges lock the C/AC on them when deactivated, while kill types outright delete them- and you can spam the on/off switch very quickly if you want. It's useful for clearing out creeper above the current max due to blocking off a stargate or taking over an armored emitter.