Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

How did I not find this lp sooner? I've got well over 400 hours into CW3.

I'm not the fastest player but I've never lost a map.

Deathwind fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Most levels in this series can be finished very quickly, albeit not the way I play...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Mortars are the only practical weapon for fighting uphill and a couple should be mixed into any large blaster formation just in case.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

General Revil posted:

Actually, I disagree. Generally speaking, an uphill battle results in a single layer of creeper. Mortars aren't that useful in such a case. There's another weapon that we'll get eventually that does a better job supporting an uphill charge, but we'll get to that when we get there.

I detest the air units in this series for reasons I'll get in to when they start appearing (special exception for the guppy)

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Just wanted to mention, the 4th game is in development and is looking good.
https://youtu.be/sRT0-ejllwY

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I thought I had played all of these games but I don't recall the shift of perspective so I must have missed this one...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Anti-creeper is by far one of the best ways to push for territory in the franchise, it's only drawback is that it's affected by gravity.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Blasters backed by anti-creeper weapons will very quickly gain you ground as the AC will fill in the voids created by the blaster fire.

The resource block is only being tapped when production is inadequate for your spending. Minor spoiler: blocks like this exist for both AC and energy.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

The one from cw3 is glorious.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I'm more interested in Thotimx's reaction to the amount of extra content in CW3.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Turning repulsers into anti-creeper launchers sounds like a good idea.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

RichardA posted:

Just keep it in mind for CW3 if nothing else; there are parts in the next game which are incredibly annoying without target prioritization.

Make that literally impossible without proper target prioritization.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Creeper World 3 has FAR more to get through, there's a couple bonus levels in three I'm dying to see attempted.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Still waiting on his reaction to the bonus content to CW3.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

All I want for CW3 is for him to please try to use the area select function more because I die a little inside every time he moves more than 2 units one at a time. There's even the M hotkey to hold while moving batches of units so they all land at the same time, but I'm not sure how much the suicide bomber tactic will occur to him.

I find that units never go quite where I'd like when I use group movements, but I do abuse the pause button constantly making it pointless.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

That's still like, 1 or 2 you might end up adjusting out of 10. If it's more than that regularly, you just spend a few more seconds adjusting the initial drop (or change your plans maybe if the field you're trying to move to sucks for what you're doing).

I micromanage everything, my game is paused for more than triple the time it's running.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I believe there is an option for UI scaling to fix the tiny text issue.

Mouse wheel controls zoom.

The story will make "sense" in the end...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Not to spoil anything but the warp inhibitor tends to be the most powerful emitter on any level with one, perhaps they have been repurposed towards that end.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

So you just build it in place, not a hardship for it's massive gains. I actually like using relays in power zones near my front lines to simplify pushing without worrying about range between them.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I tend to build my network out of relays to keep my collectors from overlapping but this is not a good idea for several maps...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

The developer chose default creeper/AC colors first then designed the terrain colors to contrast. To be specific white/light gray occurs somewhat often...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

A common tactic I use is to temporarily push the creeper back to dig a trench, it works about as well as a wall but unlike building a wall your blasters can fire on a trench without building a firing platform.

Alos it's important to remember that terps very power demanding, I've had more than one map that I almost screwed myself by over terraforming into the red.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I use shields to create a place to advance weapons, once the creeper is beaten back I advance the shield.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

The first two packet speed and build speed upgrades are major game changers.

A sprayer set to always on a bit back from the front lines works wonders to establish a fixed front and prevent enemy advances. The sooner started the better.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Fangz posted:

Energy efficiency helps a lot though! A reactor on the default costs two whole minutes to pay for itself after it finishes building.

The value of energy and ore efficiency are map dependent, sometimes they are vital but others they are worthless. The capacity upgrades are almost never worth more than a level (unless you need truly massive numbers of beams)

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

LordSloth posted:

Since you decide to tackle Tormented Space, I foolishly dived back in to a planet that is not on your itinerary, much to my regret.

Overrun at 1:15 and I don't have a freaking clue.

Can I get the address of that one?

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I loved that map, I believe got by through abusing an always on sprayer to hold back the flood.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

There are KNOWN impossible maps in tormented space...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

All of the random levels have that round platform somewhere, it's always worth considering as a starting point.

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

The leader boards have been packed with hackers and cheaters for ages....

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

To fight digitalis uphill you should terp a couple firing platforms at the hight of the digitalis, completely negates the uphill issue...

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

Tormented space question, is s200_101 jovencoting even possible or am I wasting my time?

Edit: included starting map

Deathwind fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathwind
Mar 3, 2013

I believe that has already been shown in one of the videos.