Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

irregular collector placement :arghfist::spergin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pierzak posted:

I'm curious about one thing: if you cut connection to totems that are already emitting beams, but a rift hasn't formed yet, will they complete the process anyway, or will I have to reconnect and repower them?

I don't have the latest version but in v0572, once the green packets have all reached their destinations it's mission complete. Disconnecting a totem won't cancel the rift.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

back in my day we didn't need any namby pamby "bosons" or "higgs" or "terms at least loosely based in actual physics;" we used fractals for literally goddamn everything and we got by just fine

now stop grousing and finish your fractal sprouts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

There's one other useful way to attack higher elevations with Blasters, just as long as the Creeper isn't too thick.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You really only need two mortars at the start. :awesome:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thotimx posted:

Maybe if you are better at multi-tasking than me. I'd forget to move one of them in time, lose half my collector network, then crumble.

Put them in the right spots, and you never have to move them.

These two mortars can cover all four pools and hold off the Creeper indefinitely while you slooooooowly build yourself back up out of the red.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

It's a poor scluptor who blames his tlools.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

hey girl you up posted:

Having never played this game (and I couldn't find the flash version people mentioned, just a tutorial and the sequels) is there a reason you didn't throw blasters on the ridge? They can shoot down, right?

There are a few flash versions: Training Sim was the first, User Space has sixteen user-designed levels, and Evermore has a new procedurally-generated level every day.

Blasters wouldn't be effective against creeper that deep.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:aaa: Holy poo poo I never knew that was even possible. I figured emitters that strong couldn't be capped off, but it's actually really easy.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I for one am glad we can finally wipe out the Creeper for good and secure eternal peace and kittens for all mankind.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 2, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

It isn't se la vi, it's c'est la vie!

that depends on whether you're speaking French or Space

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

was also gonna complain but this is a good point

it's got a certain jenny say kwa

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

Mon dew! I am getting day sha voo over here, mon am E.

hone hone hone :disskorse:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

extra credit question: What Is A Technyte, And How Does It Work?

I like Makers for that level because you don't need any beacon coverage for them to make all over any Creeper that's spilled down into the bottom area.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Yippee!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Blind Sally posted:

What!? How do you find this hidden thing? I wish to see it myself.

Literally just go watch the game credits. They're a mini-mission of their own.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

...Which game are you watching them in?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

your secret's safe with me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can also float the Liberation Ship up to that upper emitter and wall it off with a few shields right from the start.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

where are the micro rifts

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:awesome:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 22, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Well, you can get five repulsors up in 90 seconds as long as you grab those two crystals ASAP. Then once you've got some coils in place to protect your power grid, and maybe a shield & three blasters for that worm emitter, you can park a launcher up there and just forget about that whole giant mess until it's almost all cleared out.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 22, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

As deceptively weak as it is, Packet Speed isn't entirely useless. If you have blasters with max fire rate that are far from a rift, it's easy for them to run out of ammo while the red packets are still in transit. Then they'll probably get overrun by creeper & drones and then it'll snowball from there. Packet Speed helps keep them charged and firing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Those little dots move too fast for you to build shields in their path, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Once your initial asteroids have a micro-rift and full beacon coverage, you can move the Liberation Ship right up to the last asteroid and skip the others. You don't even need coils at all if you can reach the phantom gate soon enough.

e: actually I'm thinking of a completely different space level from one of the Kongregate games, good job me :downs:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 8, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I don't know if they'd make for good LP material, but some of the custom CW2 maps I liked are:

Banana Man
Mona Creeper
Puzzle Challenge
My Pet Nexus

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

They can't reverse the warp inhibitor's polarity because of the free radical zero-point boson strangelets. Duh.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Why are they called "Terps" though?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that abbreviation is terrible, you may as well call Reactors "Rears"

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thotimx posted:

As I clear out more towers, I try putting relays on the power zones on those islands. I discover that if it increases their range at all, it's not by much. Somebody mentioned that relays benefited in some manner from the things -- I'm wondering if it's packet speed then? Because I can't see any impact at all.

Relays on power zones can--or at least should--connect to other relays across at least twice the distance. Their connection range to other structures isn't extended at all, though, so it's kind of weak unless you have two power zones across a big empty space.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Landing Command Nodes on power zones should power up everything imho

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You should only need one relay on a power zone for the extra distance.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Relays are great; just not often the best use of power zones, is all.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

I don't think the AC-exploding robots are ever named in that level, I'd also be curious what they're called.

Probably something as memorable as "terp" or "guppy" so I won't get my hopes up...

Plongers

e: with a soft "g"

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 25, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe Skarsgard Abraxis banged his own great-great-great-grandma

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Coolguye posted:

you sound like the sort of person who would like free jazz

that is to say, you're the loneliest motherfucker in the room

which room?

any room.

the universal Craig Singleton

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

vOv I’ve just been skipping to the end when theres a new update... oh god for months now haha.

Still a new title can’t hurt. “Holding back the ocean with a broom IN SPACE: Particle Fleet”

Holding back the space-ocean with a space-broom

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Thotimx posted:

The scene fades, until we reach this; the end of the Prologue. I have questions. One is this; why not, you know, extract the Info Cache and just jump the heck out of there? The way it's described, it's just a question of power so why transmit it instead of just, you know, leaving with both the information and your lives (and ships) intact?

Jumping the ship would have taken much longer than transmitting the cache, because of um

singletons

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

oh no a scientist named after the egyption god of the dead. this isnt a bad/dumb sign at all.

Warp speed, Mr. Satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Obviously Omnis can land on terrain because they're heat-shielded for reentry, while starships are not. :pseudo: