Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Araki posted:

Avoided:
- Tsugumomo, Ero-manga Sensei: No offense to the "it's actually really good if you look past the pedo/incest stuff" posters, but no thanks.
Haven't heard of the first one, but I'm pretty sure Ero-manga Sensei was panned across the board here in ADTRW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I think most people that were watching kado actually finished it hoping it would tie everything up but nope. And it won top honors anyways

As a certified kado watcher it ended up being something along the lines of:
The first half of eps were different but in an intriguing way. Definitely wanted to watch more. It was 3D animated but I didn't mind this time. Also good OP/ED.
The latter half of eps added generic anime themes, time fuckery, and many other elements as they got towards the end. Went from 'wanting to watch the end' to just 'glad it ended'.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Haven't heard of the first one, but I'm pretty sure Ero-manga Sensei was panned across the board here in ADTRW.

I can name several people who loved it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

The loving 6 meme has evolved.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Namtab posted:

[turns around towards you after fixing the recording wire under my shirt] oh really? go on lol

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 15, 2018

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Namtab posted:

I have here in my hand a list of 205 posters that were known to Matoi Ryouko as being fans of Eromanga Sensei and who nevertheless are still posting and shaping the policy of ADRTW

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Digibro or any of his lovely Anime Youtuber ilk doesn't count.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Wark Say posted:

Digibro or any of his lovely Anime Youtuber ilk doesn't count.

i dont think thats what namtab means

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Eromanga-sensei was fun.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Eromanga sensei ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hell, if we live in a world where people can like made in abyss, we can live in a world where people like eromanga sensei

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
The world's got all kinds, including some who should be in jail.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

agreed, away with the made in abyss watchers

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Colonel posted:

i dont think thats what namtab means
When it comes to the world's greatest evitceted, I would rather hear it from the esroh's mouth.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Davincie posted:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Davincie posted:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
galaxy-level burn

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

When it comes to the world's greatest evitceted, I would rather hear it from the esroh's mouth.

I don't have to say anything they're all crawling out of the woodwork

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'd say that I'm shocked, but we all know that's not true.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Getting mixed messages here.
Is Made in Abyss good or bad? The best anime thread seems to have liked it and I've been relying on it for recommendations at times.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

People seem to like it but a lot of children die and possibly also the author may be a weirdo?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

Is Made in Abyss good or bad? The best anime thread seems to have liked it and I've been relying on it for recommendations at times.

The original manga had some really questionable poo poo from an author known for his history of questionable poo poo, and while the anime does try to downplay that and put a somewhat acceptable-seeming spin on it, it’s still there.

You’ll see a lot of people saying ‘well, if you can handle all the naked, traumatised children, it’s pretty great’.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zwiebel posted:

the author wants to gently caress kids and tweets stuff like 'the love of little boys and girls will not be stopped,' and it's filled with naked children in a way that is trying way too hard to be able to pass off as artsy, the anime tries to excise that stuff but not completely

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Davincie posted:

heh

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
made in abyss is weird where i enjoyed it but can't really recommend it to anyone else, but like, im probably gonna watch season 2 of it

if you do watch it, dont read it

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 15, 2018

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I think I'll skip it, thanks for the honest heads up folks.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

the author wants to gently caress kids and tweets stuff like 'the love of little boys and girls will not be stopped,' and it's filled with naked children in a way that is trying way too hard to be able to pass off as artsy, the anime tries to excise that stuff but not completely
What the gently caress? :stonk:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
made in abyss is really good but also created by a literal pedophile

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

The Colonel posted:

Rurouni Kenshin is really good but also created by a literal pedophile

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unlike made in abyss, rurouni kenshin doesnt turn to the camera to remind you its by a pedophile, so its an easier watch

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Araki posted:

4. Restaurant to Another World. Boring drivel that feels like someone Googled "most popular manga subjects", picked two at random, and just started writing, without any idea of structure, or plot, or characters, or any hook other than "isekai + food" and "it's comfy and pleasant".

Comfy and pleasant and boring is what it's supposed to be, anyone who expected plot was playing themselves

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Endorph posted:

I guess I should’ve put mia as avoided. I stopped watching after the naked bondage torture punishment for the main girl

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Davincie posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Compendium posted:

Comfy and pleasant and boring is what it's supposed to be, anyone who expected plot was playing themselves

boring is a bad thing

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I call it boring to acknowledge, that yes, it may bore some people, but it serves a specific niche of others who like food series and relaxing in between more plot heavy anime.

That said, Isekai Restaurant is too boring to be on any worst list, it's harmless unlike some other shows listed here

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Boring is perhaps, the worst crime of all because it means there's v little to say about a show.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Endorph posted:

unlike made in abyss, rurouni kenshin doesnt turn to the camera to remind you its by a pedophile, so its an easier watch

Wait, what?!

• Locked thread