Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Gem
Phos
Rutile
Red Beryl
Cinnabar
Jade
Diamond
Bort
Euclase
Yelow Diamond
Zircon
Alexandrite
Antarcticite
Padparadscha
Ghost Quartz
Lapiz Lazuli
Morganite
Goshenite
Phos, but with hosed Up Legs
Phos, but with hosed Up Everything
Obsidian?
Did I already list Yellow Diamond
The Left Amethyst
The Right Amethyst
Sensei
Shiro
View Results

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Heh, I remember when people were saying that Aechmea was lying to Phos and telling lies, how she was failing for it again... but after these last chapters, it seems he was being honest, at least all it's matching up for now.

Poor Bort, she is totally wrong about Phos, she didn't deceive anyone, and give everyone an opportunity to go back.

And was Cinnabar about to say she was going to the Moon, but was roped into this side??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/4_fnf/status/951086508148113408

Daddy

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

Heh, I remember when people were saying that Aechmea was lying to Phos and telling lies, how she was failing for it again... but after these last chapters, it seems he was being honest, at least all it's matching up for now.

Poor Bort, she is totally wrong about Phos, she didn't deceive anyone, and give everyone an opportunity to go back.

And was Cinnabar about to say she was going to the Moon, but was roped into this side??

She thinks everyone was decieved because of course Diamond would be decieved.

The fact Dia would go along with Phos willingly is not a thought Bort has even considered. Fitting really

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

coolusername posted:

"They" and "Them" or just using their names is perfectly comprehensible in my opinion. Defaulting to masculine ruins a lot of the author's intentional gemder ambiguity.

Using male pronouns is fine because of Japanese's gender ambiguity and the character's Bishonen roots. It's clear from the story that the gems don't have genders and I believe the gems use neutral to male speech patterns in the original. Kongou is also clearly male designed and they might have just copied his way of talking. If he talked in a female way, they might do so, too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
https://mangadex.org/chapter/204829/1

In which we finally learn the reason the Lunarians never attack at night, and it's kind of hilarious.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

the mystery is finally solved and holy poo poo i never expected that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah that's pretty much what I came to post word for word

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
:ms:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Hahahahaha

Well I'm glad the labor movement is doing well somwhere.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Oh man. Oh man.

Why I have the impression Aechmea plan is to mix truth with lies and turn them against each other slowly. He has told mostly truth until now, but I believe he is lying here. The whole "you love him because he emits something for that, not because he is your father figure" is too convenient to him.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I kind of buy it. A lot of the series is about individualism, freedom, the will/lack of will to change etc, and "humans put a mind-control device in me because they were terrified of abandonment" fits right in with the other themes of the series.

Also maybe a more meta reason; this feels like we're nearing the end and introducing a whole new antagonistic complex arc like that would be a huge extension.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean it could very easily be both genuine parental affection AND prayer machine affection power.

I think it makes more sense for Princey to be playing things straight.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

He has a unionized work force, he can't be all that bad.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Like they made it pretty clear the entire moon is just crushed by endless existence and one of the prince's big scenes was him drinking and his underlings trying to cheer him up, I can excuse them some shifty eyes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I'm glad the gems know what really counts.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
I loved that little bit. They're too cute.

skullhead tethyis
Dec 30, 2015
it's really cool how the launarian dwellings seem to be built out of enormous bismuth crystals

really alien yet deeply ..fitting

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The newest chapter was kinda disturbing.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

It's hella disturbing what the hell

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
It also has big implications for Phos if they ever get uhh.. self-conflicted.

Edit: If thine eye offends thee...

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 26, 2018

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

It wouldn't be houseki without good ol body horror.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yeah but typically it only happens to Phos

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
What the gently caress was this

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That was fuckin' wiiiiiild.

edit: Oh poo poo isn't Lapis a 6?

Pierson fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 26, 2018

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Holy poo poo, what was that.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pierson posted:

That was fuckin' wiiiiiild.

edit: Oh poo poo isn't Lapis a 6?

Oh my loving god I haven't even thought about Lapis being remade

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Lapis is a 5.5.

Phos is a 3.5.

That's a really unfortunate number you've given us there prince.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

:rip: in peace, Phos.

It is quite brutal to say that you can’t save anyone 4 or under cuz they aerosolize and get scattered into space. Not even the snails and slugs can get them back?

Yak of Wrath posted:

It also has big implications for Phos if they ever get uhh.. self-conflicted.

Edit: If thine eye offends thee...

More like thine own head. :v:

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Apr 26, 2018

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I like how something that is important to the characters, it's dramatic and poo poo has a simple, mundane explanation (the dust is too fine and would fly away. The may not like it, but physics doesn't care about what you like.)

That end O_O

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Have they considered using, like, glue or something? Something dust sticks to.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Vacuum cleaners, man.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waci posted:

Vacuum cleaners, man.

I believe vacuum cleaners don't exactly work in a vacuum. What they need is a giant lint roller.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I believe vacuum cleaners don't exactly work in a vacuum. What they need is a giant lint roller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSWdHY9Ny4

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Xelkelvos posted:

What the gently caress else would you use to clean in a vacuum?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

We're getting a second season of the show because Orange is currently recruiting production staff.

"[Employment Information] the first phase of the recruitment application in 2018! The ※ deadline is 5/31 TV anime "Gem Country" is looking for new staff in Orange production. We look forward to your application for the next generation of animation! "

Dr. Derek
Jan 1, 2010

Faster than a dead horse falling through orbit

Ccs posted:

We're getting a second season of the show because Orange is currently recruiting production staff.

"[Employment Information] the first phase of the recruitment application in 2018! The ※ deadline is 5/31 TV anime "Gem Country" is looking for new staff in Orange production. We look forward to your application for the next generation of animation! "

You got a source for this?

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

http://www.orange-cg.com/recruit_01.html

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Welp everything sucks for Phos I guess!

At least Cairngorm seems happy

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I did not expect that personality

Adbot