Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I made a console thread to keep the riff raff out of this one. Feel free to link it in the OP, WBG.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844851

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Got this as a gift the other day, and I'm having a blast, but do you need headphones to hear footsteps? I've been playing solo and using my PC speakers, and the game is either dead quiet or deafening when I'm in the red zone.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lester Shy posted:

Got this as a gift the other day, and I'm having a blast, but do you need headphones to hear footsteps? I've been playing solo and using my PC speakers, and the game is either dead quiet or deafening when I'm in the red zone.

It's not really less deafening with headphones. If you want to hear footsteps you have to endure loud rear end explosions way on the high end of the scale.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Lester Shy posted:

You should definitely hear someone in a house if you're on the ground floor and they're above you if that's what you mean. I've certainly had that happen a few times in the week or so that I've had the game.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

CascadeBeta posted:

I actually unmute global chat after dropping out of the plane for the off chance that someone left their mic open while trying to sneak up on me. It's happened once so far, so I'd say it's a good habit to get into.

Sometimes you get to hear people rage after you kill them too. A few months ago I think I killed a streamer because it sounded like he was bitching to his audience about, 'of loving course i die to an UZI what a cheap piece of poo poo use a real gun rear end in a top hat'

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

You should use headphones, but if you think it’s bad now it was much worse weeks ago. It was never as bad as some bad goons made it out to be, but you had the find the right volume.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

The plane and parachuting have been improved, yeah, but the red zones are still loud and scare me :(

edit: also not saying that that's a bad thing

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

daslog posted:

2) I like watching his stream, but streamers that hitch their wagon to one game don't tend to last very long.

Choco talked about that when he announced he was going full time

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sometimes I play really well. Other times I get the drop on a guy and fire half my magazine to the right of my target and he turns around and casually murders me. I had an out of body experience as this was happening just before I died where I was like "why am I aiming there I should aim more to the left"

Thanks for listening to my story of badness.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Anyone with steelseries arctis 7’s care to comment on how well they work in PUBG? I.e. how are they with the loudness equalization settings for hearing footsteps?

FYAD SECRETARY
Aug 14, 2003

Rex-Goliath posted:

The plane and parachuting have been improved, yeah, but the red zones are still loud and scare me :(

edit: also not saying that that's a bad thing

the new red zone sounds are pretty terrifying, especially on the new map where I'm finding myself out in the open in a red zone way more frequently.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I like that the red zone is such an intense sound but I think it can still be toned down a bit

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I like the red zone/plane flying sound effects because I can open doors/vault through windows with the noise being lost in the cacophony.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Red Red Blue posted:

I like that the red zone is such an intense sound but I think it can still be toned down a bit

New red zone at least gives you an indication of when poo poo will be dropping on you. The artillery firing is audible about 5/10 seconds before the rounds start hitting.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I was fully expecting my first chicken dinner to come from getting carried after dying like the scrub I am, but I ended up not only surviving but also nailing the last guy. Biggest goddamn rush I have gotten from a video game in a really long time.

I couldn't be bothered with editing a whole lot so here's 7+ minutes of me staring at hillsides through my dinky scope and shooting some dudes really badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmzovucHBO8

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whoever is c-diff-gyser is in discord is really hilarious. Tony Ma!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Nordick posted:

I was fully expecting my first chicken dinner to come from getting carried after dying like the scrub I am, but I ended up not only surviving but also nailing the last guy. Biggest goddamn rush I have gotten from a video game in a really long time.

I couldn't be bothered with editing a whole lot so here's 7+ minutes of me staring at hillsides through my dinky scope and shooting some dudes really badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmzovucHBO8

Congrats! Your squad is more coherent than most of mine, which consists of a lot of "I see them, they're at the thing." "What thing?" "The thing, over by the hill." "IT'S NOTHING BUT HILLS." *everyone gets shot*

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

cougar cub posted:

Anyone with steelseries arctis 7’s care to comment on how well they work in PUBG? I.e. how are they with the loudness equalization settings for hearing footsteps?

Funny enough, your friend and mine ChocoTaco uses them and loves them.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Zaodai posted:

Congrats! Your squad is more coherent than most of mine, which consists of a lot of "I see them, they're at the thing." "What thing?" "The thing, over by the hill." "IT'S NOTHING BUT HILLS." *everyone gets shot*
Thanks. :) We're definitely not always that coherent, we've done our fair share of dying like mooks after flailing around haphazardly for a bit. But that time we were just somehow collectively in the zone, had some nice games with good fights and then ultimately that win. I never expected us to make it over that wide open field, but somehow we did.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA
I run duos and "Contact, 135, left side of rock, 300ish meters" works loving amazing compared to the clownshows most people seem to have.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 28, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

I run duos and "Contact, 135, left side of rock, 300ish meters" works loving amazing compared to the clownshows most people seem to have.

SEE A GUY NEAR THE BUILDING *he says standing in the middle of Pochinky*

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ice Fist posted:

SEE A GUY NEAR THE BUILDING *he says standing in the middle of Pochinky*

"He's directly under the Earth's sun.... NOW!"

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
WHO'S THIS?!

IS THAT YOU?!?

Seriouspost had some great games with some great goons recently.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
chinese players are very good at communicating with me and sharing loot even though i have no loving idea what they're saying and just run to the next pin they set

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Some folks had trouble with headphones because their software was trying to send 4.1 to them.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Is there a way to disable the controller UI without unplugging the controller?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
There are no hackers. Except for the 1.5 million that got banned.

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/946407552778211328

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.
Has anyone else found that red-zones seem to respawn in same spot a lot more since patch? Last game I was stuck in a single building for ages because redzone spawn in same spot 3 times, and there were no other buildings nearby. Needless to say going from 65 people alive to ~40 without looting meant I was pretty I'll equipped for first fight I got in.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Fuzz1111 posted:

Has anyone else found that red-zones seem to respawn in same spot a lot more since patch? Last game I was stuck in a single building for ages because redzone spawn in same spot 3 times, and there were no other buildings nearby. Needless to say going from 65 people alive to ~40 without looting meant I was pretty I'll equipped for first fight I got in.

It does that sometimes. I remember that happened to me in one of my first games like six months ago.

RNG!! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

daslog posted:

There are no hackers. Except for the 1.5 million that got banned.

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/946407552778211328

That's loving crazy, and to think how bad it still is.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

ILL Machina posted:

Some folks had trouble with headphones because their software was trying to send 4.1 to them.

How do you fix that?

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011

poe meater posted:

Is there a way to disable the controller UI without unplugging the controller?

I'm still getting controller UI even without a controller plugged in.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BeRandom posted:

I'm still getting controller UI even without a controller plugged in.

Yeah, the only fix I've found for this (on Windows 10) is go into Devices, click on your controller, and then click "remove device."

Of course, doing this means you have to reinstall the controller every time you plug it in and repeat this process every time you want to play PUBG, so I've just learned to live with the controller button prompts.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mine only show the controller prompts if I have it plugged in when I start game.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

no broccoli please posted:

Funny enough, your friend and mine ChocoTaco uses them and loves them.

I also have a pair and they sound great and are super comfortable. Highly recommended.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
I love the speaker-bursting high volume redzone sounds, makes my life easier when I storm a house to nail that idiot camper in the back.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is it too much to ask that guns be loaded in before the first batch of people are parachuting to roofs

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Tweak posted:

is it too much to ask that guns be loaded in before the first batch of people are parachuting to roofs

yeah it used to not be this way, i dislike it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Tweak posted:

Yeah the first time I noticed the guns not actually loading into the game was when I and someone else landed on the same roof, I saw no guns and jumped onto the next roof and picked up a gun and then dude above me suddenly had a shotgun to blast my head off. I watch the recording back and sure enough there wasn't a loving gun when I looked and it apparently loaded in afterwards.

Super stupid game mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

cougar cub posted:

I use them and ive never played with the eq but the sound is fine, as is positional audio.