Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I do believe I've started seeing what is easily the most annoying thing in the game so far. Multiple games I've had somebody on my team drop somewhere deep in the mountains where nobody would ever, ever go unless the last circle is there then spam really annoying sounds at their team the whole game. Not only do you end up down a body because your teammate is literally not even playing but now you can't hear anything important or talk to your teammates.

I really want to like this game but holy gently caress is the community making it completely impossible.

Don’t play with randos, this is not that complicated. Or hope that “the community of this popular online game will improve” :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Yeah why play with 17 year old Eric Andre superfans who swallow their mic while yelling to get that authentic mic popping and clipping effect, only play with friends

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
It's better to play alone than with pubbie trash.

As the philosopher Rexha once said, "Solo ride until I die."

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Join the goon discord, it’s pretty good

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Played a bunch of TPP and for a change only one of the matches involved a probable hacker.

Things looking up.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Join the goon discord, it’s pretty good

do this.

also I threw in some CS:GO last night for old time’s sake. The PUBG community is a goddamn Jane Austen social gathering in comparison.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The gently caress's up with this Desperado crate?

I'm new and just bought an opportunity to spend, "$2.5."

all i want is a floral shirt

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Floral shirts are £2.47 on the Steam market. Desperado crates are £1.26.

Get another Desperado crate, sell both, buy floral shirt.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
This happened on FPP NA. I have noticed we run into WAY more cheaters when playing between 2-5am PST, during more normal hours we almost never see them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fVLClMkdg

We have run into a decent amount of wallhacking, but this was by far the most blatant cheating and wasn't even killing my squad member on purpose.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Just managed to snag the aug for the first time and holy moly that things is nuts. Felt like it had almost no horizontal recoil, only vertical.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Cinara posted:

This happened on FPP NA. I have noticed we run into WAY more cheaters when playing between 2-5am PST, during more normal hours we almost never see them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4fVLClMkdg

We have run into a decent amount of wallhacking, but this was by far the most blatant cheating and wasn't even killing my squad member on purpose.

That's hilarious cause it almost seems like the weirdest bug ever. The spot he snaps towards in the replay after downing the third guy isn't even on the same screen as your friend, let alone in your general direction. That's one hell of a speedy aimkey.

I'm curious to see the rest of that 3v1, if you have it readily available!

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 21, 2018

Philman
Jan 20, 2004

holy crap turn off the in game avatar in the inventory!

i just realized FPS goes from 100-50 when you open the inventory.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I'm always making sick plays with my inventory open.

Also,
:stonk:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Yeah that's odd, it goes 70-60 for me (in the start area before airplane).

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Parallel Playa posted:

That's hilarious cause it almost seems like the weirdest bug ever. The spot he snaps towards in the replay after downing the third guy isn't even on the same screen as your friend, let alone in your general direction. That's one hell of a speedy aimkey.

I'm curious to see the rest of that 3v1, if you have it readily available!

I only have the replay up through my death, didn't have my stream going at the time so can't see how my friends died.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlCPZg9jZuA

But there I see him for a split second and try to M249 him knowing he is a cheater, but miss a few shots and he turns and insta's me. And then finished my downed body through the wall of the house.

The game ended as expected with him just sitting on that hill killing my two friends when they tried to peek him.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 21, 2018

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Mentioning these dead gay forums in ChocoTaco's stream gets you banned and the comments deleted. What did you guys do?

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

WhatEvil posted:

Floral shirts are £2.47 on the Steam market. Desperado crates are £1.26.

Get another Desperado crate, sell both, buy floral shirt.

Do not listen to this man, gets jacket for 40 pounds, waits until its 3 pounds.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
Had a game where I got into a car and bullets started hitting my exact center of mass from behind. Twenty shells from something at full-auto, all into the exact same spot.

Luckily that spot was just barely covered by the back of the desert pick-up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRIx2yKy1s

Autoaim hacks I've seen. But through a wall and giant tank, that's a new one.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Mentioning these dead gay forums in ChocoTaco's stream gets you banned and the comments deleted. What did you guys do?

I'm not sure specifically but it seems like at least one of his mods is super severe; there have been more then a few comments about people being banned, which is obviously sometimes someone showed up and shouted slurs then is like 'What did I do!?' but there's been a few where it seems to come out of nowhere.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

They really need to fix weapons not spawning till well after you land. It feels bad being the first to reach School's roof or whatever only to find no items there. Either you leave and let everyone else loot it all, or you just kinda awkwardly hang around waiting for items that may or may not spawn anywhere near you.

And it's not just lag in crowded areas. Just yesterday I landed on an empty rooftop with no one else around, looted the house, then before leaving I figured I'd check the rooftop again just in case. I found an M4 and 90 bullets :what:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Flaggy posted:

Do not listen to this man, gets jacket for 40 pounds, waits until its 3 pounds.

True dat. Coulda sold my checkered jacket for like £56 but I held onto it and now you can buy them for £8 or something. RIP. At least I have a dope jacket though and I only paid a couple of quid for the key for it.

Hat economy post follows:

If you get a rarish (1%-3% drop chance) new item from a new crate (like a week old or less) and it's like $50, probably sell it. The price will likely fall over the next couple of weeks. Probably doesn't apply to the super rare stuff (like 0.5% droprate or less?).

Edit: Also probably if you know new crates are coming out, sell all your old poo poo a week or two before, then rebuy anything you want to keep after. All the stuff from the old crates that is moderately rare but not super rare (so like, purple pants, regular floral shirt, blue mandarin jacket are some examples from my stuff) seemingly just tanked in price, though some other stuff like yellow pants/jacket seems to have held price somewhat so gently caress knows.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 22, 2018

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Snapes N Snapes posted:

Snapes N Snapes posted:

dead gay forums

There's your answer.

Stallion Cabana posted:

I'm not sure specifically but it seems like at least one of his mods is super severe; there have been more then a few comments about people being banned, which is obviously sometimes someone showed up and shouted slurs then is like 'What did I do!?' but there's been a few where it seems to come out of nowhere.

Hi, we're a bunch of different people with different tolerances for what should/should not be banned. But we do log as many time-outs/bans as possible and we try and review and discuss anything that may be subjective to people based on behavior.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Speaking of things that should be banned, I've been using Nvidia's new shader settings with HDR set to 100% and it's super good. Unlike dumb settings like sharpening and oversatured colors, it doesn't make the game look ugly but it's definitely easier to spot dudes when you're outdoors in the sun and you look at a dark corner or window.

My player group calls it "elf eyes".

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

don't participate in twitch chat

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Hockles posted:

There's your answer.

Hi, we're a bunch of different people with different tolerances for what should/should not be banned. But we do log as many time-outs/bans as possible and we try and review and discuss anything that may be subjective to people based on behavior.

Is mentioning SA at all illegal? Is it because choco's trying to keep the channel wholesome, or because we are stupid jerks?
I know we've joked about choco only paying his 10bux to promote, but no one actually cares about that, except for maybe vulgar because he's pretty hard.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

cosmicjim posted:

Is mentioning SA at all illegal?

Not at all. Just the language used with whatever his comment was (I wasn't there, I am just relaying the log message) was what got him timed out. I imagine it would have been the same result regardless of what website was being referenced.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

Speaking of things that should be banned, I've been using Nvidia's new shader settings with HDR set to 100% and it's super good. Unlike dumb settings like sharpening and oversatured colors, it doesn't make the game look ugly but it's definitely easier to spot dudes when you're outdoors in the sun and you look at a dark corner or window.

What monitor do you have?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
What's the main killer of eff pee esses indoors? I feel like I'm taking the biggest hit there.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Elman posted:

Where do you set this up?

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What monitor do you have?

Eizo EV2450-BK. It's not like l can't see people in dark places, but obviously brightening them up still helps.

puppy party posted:

Where do you set this up?

Enable experimental features in the nvidia experience app, then alt+f3 in game.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

Eizo EV2450-BK. It's not like l can't see people in dark places, but obviously brightening them up still helps.

I was just wondering if that is a real HDR monitor or not (it isn't), to see if it's worth bothering on my trash tier monitor to try this.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I was just wondering if that is a real HDR monitor or not (it isn't), to see if it's worth bothering on my trash tier monitor to try this.

It's not actual hdr, it just makes the shadows brighter.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Sounds like gamma adjustment to me. Maybe easier to set up, though?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Ziploc posted:

What's the main killer of eff pee esses indoors? I feel like I'm taking the biggest hit there.

Do you have the FPS counter enabled? Shift-tab, then on the steam overlay you can enable the FPS counter. Lets you stop guessing and "feeling". ;-)

I have everything set to Very Low, except the following which are on Ultra:
* Textures
* View Distance
* Anti-Aliasing

The rest of the settings are the big resource hogs for me, especially Shadows and Post-processing. I think Foliage is not that important but it's actually easier to spot guys when foliage is low.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Elman posted:

What new settings?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The steam overlay kills fps

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Parallel Playa posted:

The steam overlay kills fps

anybody have any proof of this?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

anybody have any proof of this?

No, because when you turn it off you can't see your fps duhh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

daslog posted:

What new settings?

https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-freestyle-fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-new-ansel-ui