Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So last night I was playing a warm up solo waiting for my duo bud to finish his smoke.
When I landed I thought my headphones were hosed, the left side wasn't working.
I saw and decided to get into a buggy and try to get shot, so we could then play as duos, and to test if the headphones played shots properly.
I ended up killing 6 in total, and came 2nd in the round. All while hoping I would die so we could do duos.
I can't even do this poo poo when I try to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

I know but you need to have an active cell phone line

And you called me a grandpa?

Yesssssss :getin:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

And you called me a grandpa?

SSB has, at most, a tenuous grasp on reality. Don't read anything into their posts, grandpa.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

highme posted:

SSB has, at most, a tenuous grasp on reality. Don't read anything into their posts, grandpa.

Bro, don’t you know that’s how the government tracks you and reads your thoughts?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I don't understand why so many people suicide via blue for no reason

Drinking?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Poor planning usually. Either a lack of vehicle or getting caught in a fight and unwilling/unable to disengage. Very rarely, usually on Erangel it can be a distant drop location and just unlucky vehicle spawns.

Late game it's usually just not paying attention to the circle and letting it catch you.

But if you mean the 5-6 people that die early on every game, those are just afks that no one killed.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

I know but you need to have an active cell phone line to even sign up for the authenticator. They wont let me use voip or an email address.

a, truly a normal persons copmlaint to have

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/6d9P9CD.mp4
bonk

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 20, 2018

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/nPIjm1N.mp4

bonk

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What are you guys using for these gifs?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Accretionist posted:

Easiest way for me has been Shadowplay / OBS recording, use VLC to clip to reasonable length then upload that video to gfycat/imgur/streamable.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I know but you need to have an active cell phone line to even sign up for the authenticator. They wont let me use voip or an email address.

how do you even function in modern society without a phone plan? does your girlfriend send you date invites in the mail?

get a phone number you dork

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

underage at the vape shop posted:

how do you even function in modern society without a phone plan? does your girlfriend send you date invites in the mail?

Dunno if you’re aware but smoke sumthin is our resident crazy person

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Cinara posted:

Easiest way for me has been Shadowplay / OBS recording, use VLC to clip to reasonable length then upload that video to gfycat/imgur/streamable.

I really like how shadowplay has made it really easy to share my stuff.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457492425/announcements/detail/3229520292657294288

PUBG Corp posted:

We believe the choice about which gun to use should be based on personal preference and its effectiveness in any given situation, rather than simply “which gun is strongest.” Our goal is to make it so no one gun will feel objectively better than the others.
[...]
Finally, expect some changes to the level three helmet. It’s a game-changing item that can impact the outcome of a match—basically, it gives you an extra life in situations where a headshot would otherwise kill you. We don’t want luck alone to determine who gets items like this, so we’re removing it from the normal loot spawn tables and limiting it to care packages only.

My god. I don't think is is necessarily a bad move, but it will make the Kar98 slightly more powerful and I'm not sure that was needed. We'll see how this goes on the test servers, I guess.

Nerfing the M4 slightly is not a bad idea.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 21, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My points won't move. :shepface:

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

underage at the vape shop posted:

Why in hell would you pay 40$ a month for a phone plan when theres wifi everywhere and voip/messenger is free and works better. Yall need to get with the times its not 2005 anymore

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Accretionist posted:

I haven't made any PUBG gifs, but for general gif creation I use Instagiffer (http://instagiffer.com/). It can be set to create a gif from a section of your display or from a video file.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791457492425/announcements/detail/3229520292657294288

My god. I don't think is is necessarily a bad move, but it will make the Kar98 slightly more powerful and I'm not sure that was needed. We'll see how this goes on the test servers, I guess.

Nerfing the M4 slightly is not a bad idea.

Level 3 helmets being crate only is a terrible idea, laughable even. Going for a crate can get you a weapon that is tremendously effective in certain situations, and now also is the only way to obtain something to stop you from being a oneshot to a Kar 98? The actual good players that can reliably hit headshots are going to clean house when their opponents are 95% to not have a level 3.

I'm suspicious of their weapon balance efforts given how clueless they appear to be. Revolvers not oneshot headshotting no-helmet is a real dumb and unnecessary nerf. The Mini was exceptionally powerful when it was first added and they nerfed it into the ground. I'm not sure what method they use to test and measure gun performance but I don't expect great things from them when they say poo poo like, "According to our research, only a few specific types of weapons (ARs) are used in most situations." No poo poo? The time to kill between an AR and anything else is close enough if you hit all your headshots, is either close enough or vastly better with bodyshots, and if you're tap firing generally the ARs come out ahead. If you try to UMP someone and they just burst you with an M16 you're gonna die. Yeah a kitted out Vector or an Uzi can work better than an AR at certain ranges, but if you have the choice between two of an AR, Kar and Vector/Uzi, it's tough to justify keeping the SMG and significantly weakening your long/mid range options. The Mini is just much worse most of the time compared to one of the 5.56 rifles, and the SKS is generally worse than any AR unless you can consistently headshot, and if you can consistently headshot the SKS is much worse than the Kar.

I wouldn't mind if the M416 was weakened but I expect them to add a whole boatload of horizontal recoil to it such that it's basically useless and then everyone starts using the SCAR, and we get stuck in a monthly whack-a-mole of gun nerfs until everyone yells at them to get their poo poo together.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't wait to kill even more people with a kar now that they decided balancing a game is an awful thing to do.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I didn't see that there was anything particularly wrong with the idea of All ARs being pretty safe bets, and the M416 starts bad but becomes best once modded. Honestly the AR that troubles me the most is the AK. I'm still glad to find if I don't have any AR, but a pleb like me finds it hard fire that gun quickly. I'd like to see the AK have less recoil when "shouldered" compared to ADS; that would help distinguish it as "the AR that's best for CQC". And who doesn't want to mag dump an AK like a Somalia Druglord?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Thankfully I'm just as poo poo at the game as when I started so the only headshots people get are just pure luck anyway.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

God drat this is stupid:

quote:

Finally, expect some changes to the level three helmet. It’s a game-changing item that can impact the outcome of a match—basically, it gives you an extra life in situations where a headshot would otherwise kill you. We don’t want luck alone to determine who gets items like this, so we’re removing it from the normal loot spawn tables and limiting it to care packages only.

it's up to luck alone determining who is in range of the crate drops, and then it's up to luck alone to see if there's even a level 3 helmet in the crate. The more I think about this the worse of an idea it is. Who the gently caress was complaining that there were too few one-shot-kills in PUBG?

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Yeah that's a v. bad decision that will be reverted in the next update

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Do all you whiners stay still a lot and hard peak? Also M4 needs a hard nerf as right now it’s as strong as a crate gun.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I peaked many years ago but my jigglepeeking game is still on point

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

It took Bluehole/PU a year to notice their gun balance is awful. Maybe in another year they will learn that realism != good game design. The year after that they might stop grenades from pushing players. And in five years time, when everyone has jumped ship, they might get rid of the redzone.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the crate drop is less random than a random spawn. You can see where the crate has gone anywhere on the map and go fight for it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Doorknob Slobber posted:

the crate drop is less random than a random spawn. You can see where the crate has gone anywhere on the map and go fight for it.

Did they add crate drop locations to the map when I wasn't paying attention? You can miss a crate drop 500 meters away if there's a hill in the way. Even if you can identify where every crate drop is, you might not be able to physically get there in time, and if you do, there's not a particularly high chance of a level 3 helmet even being in it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Sparticle posted:

It took Bluehole/PU a year to notice their gun balance is awful. Maybe in another year they will learn that realism != good game design. The year after that they might stop grenades from pushing players. And in five years time, when everyone has jumped ship, they might get rid of the redzone.

I mean you kind of have to remember that Kar98, SKS, Tommy Gun and VSS were once crate guns, so there has been some balancing going on. The Mk14 needs a rework and it would be nice to see the mini-14 be somewhat relevant again but who knows.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

The gun balance isn't great but there have been very few times I've died in this game - where both me and my target had ARs - where I thought 'drat, he had a slightly better gun than me' rather than 'I was ouytplayed' so, imo, the gun balance isn't terrible either.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

The gun balance isn't great but there have been very few times I've died in this game - where both me and my target had ARs - where I thought 'drat, he had a slightly better gun than me' rather than 'I was ouytplayed' so, imo, the gun balance isn't terrible either.

The ARs are fine. Kitted out M4s being above the rest is unfortunate but whatever. The lovely guns are really lovely though. No excuse for how bad the Winchester is, for instance, or why shotguns are still broken messes.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

How many crates are dropped per game?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CloFan posted:

How many crates are dropped per game?

5 or 6? Sometimes doubles get dropped but I don't remember there being much more than that.

The only way I could see crate level 3's being good is if there's a guaranteed chance for there to be two to four 3 helmets in 'em every time. Then it'll truly be savagelands fighting over them.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 21, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Accretionist posted:

I don't understand why so many people suicide via blue for no reason

Drinking?

One thing I saw a thoroughly ridiculous amount of before I started playing exclusively with goons was pubbies that would look until the circle hit them, then just keep loving looting out of the circle, and either die on the way in or end up with a sliver of health. Then they'd use some meds, never bother trying to find a vehicle, and keep doing that until somebody killed them or they died because they ran out of meds.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Next time I land somewhere and get nothing while the guy next to me has an AR spawn after we land I'll be sure to remember that my death wasn't luck alone. I'll just need to get good, much like when I die to a red zone that appeared over top of my while I was running out in the open.

It's not down to luck alone, guys. We've been outplayed by Brendan Greene.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'm not sure what you want him to do about that short of making all the loot individually placed.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

cargohills posted:

I'm not sure what you want him to do about that short of making all the loot individually placed.

Did you not read this update about the level 3 helmets? Where they said they "don't want who wins to be down to luck alone"? or the recent interview where he said anyone who dies to the red zone is not a good player?

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 21, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I also do think they hosed up the loot spawns by adding so many poo poo tier guns. Back in the day, you could find an UMP and that would last you through clearing an entire town. Now you have Crossbows, Tommy Guns, more pistols, 4 different garbage shotguns and now Winchesters getting diluting the loot tables. Hell, there are times when I'd be happy with an Uzi over the rest of that crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Just give 100 shell mag & red dot to tommy gun, scopes to winchester. Uhh fix shotguns somehow?