Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Penpal posted:

I dunno, are they mad that I tried out Realm Royale or something

I would honestly not be surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Penpal posted:

Anyone else get banned? Checked their twitter and they sent out a huge ban wave. I dunno, are they mad that I tried out Realm Royale or something

Nope, but yesterday was playing on the Miramar and up one of hills in a small gully I saw two players just standing there, no loot or anything. Not reacting when shot either.
This was near centre of the map, and got me thinking that it could be how bots work now. Maybe they land and try to survive as long at they can as chances are the circles are more likely to be in the middleish.
Anyone see anything like this?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

have you tried not cheating?

I'll have you know I pay 900$ per month with my mom's Amex Centurion Card for the most up-to-date bespoke hacks. It can't be my cheats they are elite

They're fixing it according to the pubg support twitter so I just have to chill for a bit apparently.

Shachar
Apr 5, 2006

After 300 or so solo games, finally my first solo Chicken Dinner. Chicken with a side of my ~.56 KDR potato rear end and a paltry 4 kills. :dance:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i appear to not be banned

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Shachar posted:

After 300 or so solo games, finally my first solo Chicken Dinner. Chicken with a side of my ~.56 KDR potato rear end and a paltry 4 kills. :dance:

Congrats, the first win is always the sweetest. you'll probably get another one soon though

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Shachar posted:

Conglaturations!
I'm sure there are plenty of others lurking the thread who are in the same boat, too.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Is a pubg ban a proper VAC ban? It's one thing to privately ban someone on your platform, but a VAC ban can often blacklist your entire steam account from VAC-enabled servers in TF2, counter-strike, and whoever else is using the VAC API

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Nah they're not using VAC. At least not so far.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Is a pubg ban a proper VAC ban? It's one thing to privately ban someone on your platform, but a VAC ban can often blacklist your entire steam account from VAC-enabled servers in TF2, counter-strike, and whoever else is using the VAC API

BattlEye bans only affect games that use it. So Ark, Arma, PUBG, Siege, and a couple other minor titles.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Hadlock posted:

I got the notification this morning that the ban was lifted and it's no longer on my profile. It wasn't a VAC but a game ban, Valve essentially says 'take it up with the dev not us'. I just think their anti-cheat was a little overzealous but I don't mind considering I haven't seen a cheater in a game in a looong time.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007

Penpal posted:

Anyone else get banned? Checked their twitter and they sent out a huge ban wave. I dunno, are they mad that I tried out Realm Royale or something

battle eye accidentally banned like half the player base for maybe 20 minutes about a week ago. came home from work early and I was banned along with most people in the game I was in according to my squad that was left unable to find anyone.

I expect this to happen more as pubg devs try to learn how cheats work.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

If they lift the ban does it still show up on your Steam profile, or is it removed there as well?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

John DiFool posted:

If they lift the ban does it still show up on your Steam profile, or is it removed there as well?

It's removed. I got two notifications, one for the ban, and then the ban being lifted.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Have you guys heard of the waistband trick?????

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

RocktheCaulk posted:

Have you guys heard of the waistband trick?????

like when you get a boner and class, so you flip your dick up and put it behind the waistband?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

LRADIKAL posted:

like when you get a boner and class, so you flip your dick up and put it behind the waistband?

a common misconception, that is the waistband maneuver.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
New patch notes: https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/3077529898696206477

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cant wait for the 'Burger King®: Have it Your Way' parachute ad.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Daeno fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jul 4, 2020

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Sanhok (pronounced “sah-nok”)

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lmao
▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█▄░▒█ ▒█▀▀█  
▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█░▄▄  
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄█  

▒█▀▀█ ▒█░▒█ ▀█▀ ▒█▄░▒█ ░█▀▀█
▒█░░░ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█░▒█

▒█▀▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█░▄▀  
▒█▀▀▄ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▀▄░  
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█  

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Hope nobody liked map selection lol

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Hopefully the snow map will be 4x4 as well. But yea, so bad that they took away map selection between Erangel/Miramar. I enjoy both, but it's nice to have the option for those times you get 5 Miramar or 5 Erangel in a row.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Patch Notes posted:

With three maps now in the game, you’ll choose between two “playlists” instead of two maps.
The Battle Royale playlist contains both Erangel and Miramar. Selecting it will randomly drop you into one of the two.
The Mini Royale playlist contains only Sanhok for now.
Select both playlists to be randomly dropped into one of the three maps currently in the game.

So no more map selection?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Bluehole posted:

Look adding an extra box to the UI was too complicated, and there obviously weren't enough people playing that one map we made and it hurt our feelings

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

JEEVES420 posted:

So no more map selection?

You can select either Miramar/Erangel or Sanhok. You cannot choose between Miramar/Erangel anymore.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It's probably about lowering queue times more-so than technical ability to add another box. Apparently in some regions they're pretty bad as it is with only two maps and two perspectives, it would get strictly worse with 3 especially given most people are going to play the new map. I'm sure they know people prefer erangel over miramar but this might be necessary to let squads from australia or whatever play first person miramar without a huge queue time.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It's probably about lowering queue times more-so than technical ability to add another box. Apparently in some regions they're pretty bad as it is with only two maps and two perspectives, it would get strictly worse with 3 especially given most people are going to play the new map. I'm sure they know people prefer erangel over miramar but this might be necessary to let squads from australia or whatever play first person miramar without a huge queue time.

I would say this is exactly it, and I can't imagine how bad the problem would scale if they tried to continue complete map selection when they hit 4-5 maps.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
It's on sale for $20 on steam. I play fortnite occasionally and suck at it but have fun doing so. Should I drop $20 on this game? Is it fun?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Hrm yes my post was entirely serious and not just making fun of the fact that the entire reason people wanted map selection in the first place was so they could stop playing Miramar for 10 rounds in a row. So it's a good thing they took away one of the few features they actually made in response to community input!

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I loved the blue zone changes that were made specifically in response to the community and pros and they reverted it within 24 hours and haven't mentioned a drat thing about it since. :(

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Hrm yes my post was entirely serious and not just making fun of the fact that the entire reason people wanted map selection in the first place was so they could stop playing Miramar for 10 rounds in a row. So it's a good thing they took away one of the few features they actually made in response to community input!
uhh okay well it's a good reason

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Qadaffi Taffy posted:

It's on sale for $20 on steam. I play fortnite occasionally and suck at it but have fun doing so. Should I drop $20 on this game? Is it fun?

It's nothing like Fortnite other than "circle slowly closes in and you want to be the last person alive" imo. I have a ton of fun playing this game, though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I loved the blue zone changes that were made specifically in response to the community and pros and they reverted it within 24 hours and haven't mentioned a drat thing about it since. :(

Those circle changes were so good that I have played very few games since they reverted the changes, since it's just way worse and now I know how green the grass could be.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Hellsau posted:

Those circle changes were so good that I have played very few games since they reverted the changes, since it's just way worse and now I know how green the grass could be.

You might love Sanhok, then. Blue zones move in slower (so you can take fights) and the time between them is shorter. The time between them is dynamic based on player count. They are real good circles.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Hellsau posted:

Yeah seriously, best day of pubg ever so they had to destroy it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

You might love Sanhok, then. Blue zones move in slower (so you can take fights) and the time between them is shorter. The time between them is dynamic based on player count. They are real good circles.

We'll see if the servers can avoid melting down. Savage was fine as a map but test servers are always janky poo poo. If they can get the new map to not be terrible on the live servers that'd be great.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Yeah oc queue times have been getting hectic but I think their matchmaking is hosed

Sometimes you will sit in a queue for minutes, cancel then requeue and immediately get put into a game

It's like whatever mechanism they use to spin up lobbies fires a bunch up when people queue then spread them across as a form of load sharing

But if you've got an uneven number of players lobbies get starved and if you are unlucky enough to be balanced onto one you'll sit there until you cancel

Maybe they prioritise games starting over filling all the lobbies so lobbies are put in a priority queue as they fill up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib